NS Ban Wave #1

Barbarian
06/10/2016 11:46 AMPosted by Judge
And, also, I had one guy from well known clan banned during speed 90 last night. Hell of an experience to loose monk in the middle of the rift:D

See! Botting isn't a victimless crime. It almost killed Judge!

Ben - I was talking hard to tell how many legit players are playing. I'm sure its easy to tell who the botters are....none of us were fooled and we only had friend list data to go by.
06/10/2016 08:42 AMPosted by Free

To henry:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/6/60/Soldier_robot09.wav?t=20111028120915
I AM A ROBOT FROM THE FUTURE!
I'm extremely pleased to see the NS-HC board get cleaned up. Every time I checked ranking and saw the confirmed cheater sitting in first place, it pyssed me off....hope he enjoyed losing his account.
So far in my friend list from last night's check i had about 4 people that were banned. You can easily check by viewing their profile and if it's empty, they got canned. Or if their name had no clan tag on it means they're on there list "to be swept". I'll check later quickly log in to see. Also anyone noticed how many times battle net launcher updated? I've gotten once but with people on TS last night, some of their clan mates were getting multiple updates.
06/10/2016 01:43 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
I'm extremely pleased to see the NS-HC board get cleaned up. Every time I checked ranking and saw the confirmed cheater sitting in first place, it pyssed me off....hope he enjoyed losing his account.

Wow Blood, rank 4. You're the real winner here.
I have actually moved down the solo Wiz list since last logon 4 days ago... due to complete spares being able to exploit the firebug.
I haven't even tried solo pushing and I'm not sure I will but I wonder how many Blizz will get.

I know they Rekt RotK clan..
06/10/2016 08:42 AMPosted by Free
To Arch, Tao, Jako, Tee and all the other legit players:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/e/e0/Soldier_cheers02.wav?t=20100625224753

To henry:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/6/60/Soldier_robot09.wav?t=20111028120915

wow...it sounds just like henry...coincidence? I think not.
#makediablo3greatagain
Gratz to Archael. Also I am glad to see the this ban, but in my opinion, it´s quite hypocritical for blizzard to ban some people for not playing by the "rules", while on the other hand proclaiming, that it´s totally fine and even encouraging wizards to play with a bugged set.
06/10/2016 10:54 PMPosted by Halfsoul
Gratz to Archael. Also I am glad to see the this ban, but in my opinion, it´s quite hypocritical for blizzard to ban some people for not playing by the "rules", while on the other hand proclaiming, that it´s totally fine and even encouraging wizards to play with a bugged set.

The big difference is the third-party software that many have fallen to use for personal reasons, and to gain a game advantage that no one else has available unless you take that extra step to install and use third-party software.

DAKKON was an amazing player but I knew prior to this that he wasn't a legit player and used well known third-party software for his LB rankings. I enjoyed talking to him, playing along side, and was amazed by his personal high clears...but I did cringed as I knew his clears promoted false hope for those who followed him within the legit community. Some claim that even if someone clears high GRs using third-party software is a way to see how far you can push a build, but I think it only shows an illusion of what is possible as a legit player could never have the same level of opportunity vs a bot/thuder given the same GR Map.

DAKKON is gone, but not really. just be mindful beautiful Barbros.
Wait DAKKON used THud? He got banned? I didn't play for a day and all this happened. What rank was he?

Bugs/exploits are completely different than 3rd party software in my opinion.

Bugs and exploits cheapen competition, but they exist in the game are available to all players should the players learn of their existence. It is up to the developers to give us a product that is bug free and that cannot be exploited.

Using 3rd party software is cheating. It is not available to all players. Players are actively seeking an advantage when they use such programs. They are not taking advantage of a mistake in the game, they are trying to cheat the game.

I'm not trying to defend the use of bugs and what not. I tend to steer clear of them myself. But if and when they do exist, its the developers' faults mostly...if not entirely. A couple of them have been pretty bad, and when players go so far out of their way to use them...then ya, maybe the line is blurred some and bugs/exploits are almost as bad. But for the most part, I don't think you should compare the two. 3rd party software is much worse.
06/10/2016 08:52 PMPosted by Thump
#makediablo3greatagain
We're gonna double it. Make Diablo 10 feet taller.

I moved up to 98 NS, wooo! Grats on all your new spots guys!
I agree that the comparison here is a comparison between two bad choices, and I will agree that an exploit/bug is the better bad choice versus a third-party program. The idea that a third-party program grants access to capability no one else has, and therefore has a more "direct" impact on the non-using player, is understandable. It seems to be a far worse choice from a moral or ethical standpoint.

But let me give a different perspective on this particular bug/exploit (the "firebug" wizard exploit) and try to explain why it is arguably much worse in direct impact to me. To wit:

Third-party program capability impacts me only indirectly, and only if I really care about Leaderboards or about the illusion that I too can reach such end-game accomplishments as a legit player comparing myself to cheaters. Barely, if at all.

In the case of the firebug, it is going to have a direct, detrimental affect on me as a player. This season I put a great deal of personal time and effort into improving my Wizard gear and gem augments to play a fun spec, the Firebird/Archon spec for solo and groups. Two things are unfolding. First, players gained an unintended (I did not say unfair) advantage by an exploit (basically a zdps gear set and a combo of bugs to do damage). Second, Blizzard recognizes the bug/exploit but will not fix it until the next patch, and they've announced their intention to not only remove the exploit, but to do it in a way that effectively ends the interaction between the Firebird set, the strongest Archon ability, and the Chantodos set.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744924301?page=10#200

It is early and there is no PTR yet, so circumstances may change or be mitigated, but early indications are that the Firebird set will be unused in Season 7. There's a half-dozen other ways they could have chosen to fix this problem (outlined in responses to the post above) but they are choosing the "this is why you can't have nice things" approach.

So what? So this will be the second season in a row that the set that I spent a great deal of time learning to play and invested tens of hours raising gem levels and augmenting the gear, will not be used the following season. A complete waste. Two seasons in a row. I grow tired of it.

Now, you may argue that this is more of a statement about Blizzard's approach to problem solving, or Chicken-Little'ing a perceived calamity, and I'll agree to some extent, but my point is to say that in this case the exploit of this bug and the response to it looks like it will have a direct detrimental impact on me, whereas botters and t-hudders have essentially no impact on me.
06/11/2016 10:33 AMPosted by KingBenjamin

The big difference is the third-party software that many have fallen to use for personal reasons, and to gain a game advantage that no one else has available unless you take that extra step to install and use third-party software.

DAKKON was an amazing player but I knew prior to this that he wasn't a legit player and used well known third-party software for his LB rankings. I enjoyed talking to him, playing along side, and was amazed by his personal high clears...but I did cringed as I knew his clears promoted false hope for those who followed him within the legit community. Some claim that even if someone clears high GRs using third-party software is a way to see how far you can push a build, but I think it only shows an illusion of what is possible as a legit player could never have the same level of opportunity vs a bot/thuder given the same GR Map.

Mind = BLOWN

I never would of guessed that he'd risk his account. Just crazy.
Man they finally do a mass banwave almost 2 years later when I'm on hiatus......
DAKKON was an amazing player but I knew prior to this that he wasn't a legit player and used well known third-party software for his LB rankings.

THUD does not equal Bot

Botting - unlimited keys, mats, gems for augmentation, unlimited resources for ANY piece of gear. Steady XP grind, effortless. Enormous advantage vs legit players.

THUD - info that normally is hidden. Levels up uneven ground of RNG while pushing. Skill needed, gear, XP and augmentation not affected by usage.

Up to date, there is not a single ban caused by THUD alone, that I am aware of, and I'm fairly well orientated. Know few people here and there. If anybody is banned, it is because of botting, while THUD may be just additional reason, but never the primary one.

Realistically speaking, what will THUD give you while pushing? Not enough to win vs somebody with 5k+ mainstat more. Within same paragon bracket, maybe. But still, builds require skills. You cannot just jump on fragile R/IK build and take LB by the storm, because you know the map layout/pylons/whatever else. Sure, with high paragon advantage you will destroy LB, but in the end you will be fighting against somebody with skill equal/grater than yours and paragon/mainstat equal/grater than yours. There is a 90 clear on Thornzy in EU by player with 900 paragon and 16k mainstat. How does those 90 on US LB look against it, with para 2k+ and 20k+ mainstat? That 90 in EU was a skill and a perfect map. It could be a THUD as well, sure, but no THUD will play the game for you. THUD will not aggro, kite, avoid, time casting skills or pick the fight and place for it properly. THUD will help, of course, but if one does not have skill, somebody with better skill/build understanding will always win.

06/11/2016 09:46 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
I never would of guessed that he'd risk his account. Just crazy

I think I've seen his comment on that matter (loosing an account) elsewhere. I wouldn't consider it risking. After all: