DATAMINE IS UP [Patch 2.4.2a]

Barbarian
06/20/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Jako
They finally going to make Girdle of Giants an item CC, you happy?

Looks like that Tweet to JY paid off.

Good to see. Will have to get on and test it out at some point.
It might be some mismatched string/s in the datamined info. It was also mentioned that

Trag'Oul Coils - Spike Traps gain the Impaling Spines rune and are deployed twice as fast. (added)

and we know that Trag'Oul's already exists with a legendary power.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tragoul-coils

Personally, I'd like the new EQ+SS legendary power synergy to be placed in a weapon.
bliz moved some powers from weapons to armor and is good actually... i mean way better than having those on weapons...

thought barbs still need that fury increasing consume for more dmg effect on something
armor weapons...or even hell a new passive, like consume 50 more fury per spender attack to do 200% more damage

So that SS can completely replace Boulder toss on Skill bar, or even use SS and HOTA in Raekor build also and not just BT
06/20/2016 10:37 PMPosted by CC123
06/20/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Jako
They finally going to make Girdle of Giants an item CC, you happy?

Looks like that Tweet to JY paid off.

Good to see. Will have to get on and test it out at some point.

I don't think it's gonna be that much better if true. The item's legendary power still inspires you to play LeapQuake imo. LeapQuake does better with Dread Iron I think.

But I guess it's still an upgrade over current Seismic Slam belts.
ehm...

ok...a clarification on what this effect will bring up actually

U still will need SS AND BT on bar because BT is tht good to reset timer on skills
U will gain that 80% damage(hopefully to all EQ proc and directly used) because otherwise big trolling

SO u will basically trade the Ava damage 10-20% damage? for 80% damage to EQ
Or instead of a cubed armor power? so nemesis or BT? since Defenders are kinda needed also at certain point in Leap/quake gameplay

And EQ in all build was like 75% damage i guess in between Ava damage and BT contribution
SO more or less overall is like 0.25+0.75*1.8=1.6 so a 60% damage bonus
For fire build probably a little little more
But using SS on skill bar u lose a skill there...so yah that...also losing

And thx god u dint need to trade Furnace weapon that was 50% to elites
Because considering that u usualy always gone hunting for elites and gathered other mobs around them as usual tactics in RIft runs -> and still elites where left living at the end that 50% elite damage was basically 50% damage for all run nearly

And if that SS dmg bonus to EQ stayed on weapon the build would have got barely a 25% damage overall
I would much rather the belt have EQ bump up the damage of SS. More options means more fun in my opinion
06/21/2016 05:53 AMPosted by Wareo
I would much rather the belt have EQ bump up the damage of SS. More options means more fun in my opinion

Ya. Builds that use Seismic Slam use it as the focus point of damage. It doesn't work well resetting cooldowns or acting as a buff.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20745334425
-free to hate and rise more on your ego because "reasons"?
-or get finally fixed like nearly all build/sets from barbarians with 1 simple change
BTW CC, if you see me on, feel free to shoot me a message. I'll come PTR whichya.
06/21/2016 04:22 AMPosted by Jako
I don't think it's gonna be that much better if true. The item's legendary power still inspires you to play LeapQuake imo. LeapQuake does better with Dread Iron I think.

But I guess it's still an upgrade over current Seismic Slam belts.

Its better than what it was Jako. Nothing.

I would have preferred a SS buff with the belt, which I asked for last patch, or a decent LPFS scaling buff, but oh well.

Dont like Dread Iron, never have. GS just doesnt fit in the builds I prefer. The only one that comes close to the GOG is the WH, but you cant roll LPFS on that.

Its all about stacking that AS. Hence why GOG was BIS for Frozen Fury and still is.

Will be on later this week to test, Ill def hit you up if I see you on.

Cheers
CC123
Reason I say Dread Iron is better (for LeapQuake) is because it basically triples your Avalanche damage. So combined with Blade of the Tribes, Dread Iron still makes sense.

With Frozen Fury you aren't Leaping and using Earthquake nearly as much, so I don't think a buff for EQ means much as far as really improving Seismic Slam centric builds.

But like we both said, better than what we used to have, even if only a little.

I'll be interested to see if GoG still rolls attack speed.
06/21/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Jako
Reason I say Dread Iron is better (for LeapQuake) is because it basically triples your Avalanche damage. So combined with Blade of the Tribes, Dread Iron still makes sense.

Top MOTE push will likely be fire MOTE -- Archael was talking about this his MnG and I think the four us (Tao and you) were discussing it in game earlier this week. So we'll wear WH or this or PoC if IP is on the bar and wear Parthans. Don't see a place for Dread Iron.

Hmm.

: \
Avalanche damage can add up.

What skill you dropping for Seismic Slam in Fire EQ? Battle Rage?
After some thinking, GoG does replace Dread Iron easily it looks like.
If they wanted GoG to be a Slam Belt it would have been: Enemies hit by Earthquake take 200% bonus damage from Seismic Slam for 15 seconds, or similar. As such, it just moves Slam into the Standard EQ builds, as another multiplier while holding Tribes.
06/21/2016 05:54 PMPosted by xRageamok
If they wanted GoG to be a Slam Belt it would have been: Enemies hit by Earthquake take 200% bonus damage from Seismic Slam for 15 seconds, or similar. As such, it just moves Slam into the Standard EQ builds, as another multiplier while holding Tribes.

blizz just fail repeatedly for weird reasons...

Bet should basically be:
Your non channeling spenders consume up to 50 additional fury to deal 200% increased damage

Cause WW will kill it self if tired to use, if the effect in not negated to WW
But Rend will benefit greatly from that
The Girdle of Giants power is bugged / doesn´t work as the tooltip says.

Instead of 15 seconds, it only boosts your Quakes for 3 seconds at the moment (2.4.2.37893). That means 6 Quake ticks.

Also, the "Tremors" buff icon disappears as soon as you Leap (not when you hard-cast Quake or Shout-Quake), although the damage bonus still applies. This one is just weird.

EDIT: There is already a bug report.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20745394516
I really wanted this to be an actual Seismic Slam belt :(

But it looks like they're just trying to buff LeapQuake to be stronger than the charge hybrids. I figured they were already close. Why not buff the lesser builds like Slam or HotA...or Whirlwind???

Le sigh.
i want spamslam qq
I don'the understand how GOG is supposed to be better for Leap Quake builds rather than using a tribes + dead iron. Using GOG means we now have to fit SS into our rotations and skill set.