Drop Rates (Really?)

General Discussion
I understand that people want drop rates low however this removes any point in playing season. It is all about points and hours played now. Even if the game was competitive, it is not competitive anymore the only thing the current drop rates ensure is that the people on-top stay on-top. As it is I can spend the entire season putting level 70 gems on equipment that isn't worth anything just to crush it at the end of the season. I hate jumping through the hoops on the conquests. now with the drop rates at a ridiculously low level my level 400 charter equipment is the same equipment it is wearing at level 900. it has killed my ability to expand or experiment with my build, I do understand the game is a business, i have no comprehension of how lowering a new players ability to compete is the games marketing interest. You can treat us like Pavlov’s dog however the next time the bell rings we may not answer.
Personally, I think the drop rate is too high and should be halved.

Regarding Conquests, some are just milestone markers while others simply offer players a challenge that is different than the standard gameplay. Conquests can be really great. For example, I completed Sprinter last season and that was one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had in D3.
06/05/2016 10:07 AMPosted by Tallen
now with the drop rates at a ridiculously low level

Lol. No.
What's level? Huh? Where? In T1? Or TX? Because from my experience, these drop rates are ridiculously high. What is sickening is what happens with gear overall though.

- 6 PC set only valuable at endgame and anygame

- 1 or 2 complimentary items needed, that can be crafted (sick!) because anybody can run some bounties and upgrade rare to legendary, than reroll in cube until desired quality and rolls come up

- augmentation that yields every item that is not ancient completely useless, at the moment you have completed your cube power collection

- almost zero incentive to experiment with gear, farm or try new things. Everything served on a plate, every build, top build, fastest TX build, legendary gem combination, all predefined, dictated and forced to be used

- free set at the beginning of season is just too much. Can it be even easier to play this game?

- after few weeks of play, drop is meaningless, it serves only as a source of crafting materials.

After excessive TX rift grind and that I've done some time ago, while I was stacking on keys which I never again wanna grind, I'm sitting on over 20k forgotten souls. That's about 18k of useless legendary items that dropped, 2k I can account for RG drop, gobs and gambling.

Loot have close to zero meaning in this game, once you gearup your char. I main Barb, so yeah, it's easier, but meanwhile I've gathered GG equipment for wiz, monk, wd and DH. I won't play Sader because Jako plays one.
I am level 900 so obviously I am playing T10 and have been for awhile. It is like in season 4, with one person in Cain's armor everybody in the group received levels, when the game realized what was happening they fixed this. Before it was fixed people playing in groups received several hundred levels that single players were not receiving just because 1 person in the party was wearing Cain's. Now not only did they kill the ability to gain those kind of paragon levels, they have changed the drop rates and in a seasonal game they announced that the drop rates will be adjusted. Seasonal is not PTR, playing a game is finding the holes not changing the rules. It used to be that they paid you, you didn't pay them to test a program, our programmers can and do adjust the game at will and makes the game not competitive.
06/05/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Tallen
they have changed the drop rates

If anything, they have increased the drop rates, not decreased them.
OP kinda get the impression you play solo pretty much. Still the drop has not been lowered. When you can get a full ancient set in less then 3 days in seasons I don't think you have a valid reason to think any other way.

One can only imagine what you would have said if you played from day one. In 2 years of gameplay I only ever got one usable IK chest
06/05/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Tallen
I am level 900 so obviously I am playing T10 and have been for awhile. It is like in season 4, with one person in Cain's armor everybody in the group received levels, when the game realized what was happening they fixed this. Before it was fixed people playing in groups received several hundred levels that single players were not receiving just because 1 person in the party was wearing Cain's. Now not only did they kill the ability to gain those kind of paragon levels, they have changed the drop rates and in a seasonal game they announced that the drop rates will be adjusted. Seasonal is not PTR, playing a game is finding the holes not changing the rules. It used to be that they paid you, you didn't pay them to test a program, our programmers can and do adjust the game at will and makes the game not competitive.

Stop spamming that exact post across the forums, troll.
I've been playing this game since day one.

So you can trust me when I say that with every patch, every update, and every expansion, the game has gotten easier and the drop rate has increased substantially.

One bounty run now gives you more legendaries than a month of dedicated playing would have gotten you in the first year of this game's run. You'd know this if you'd been playing for a while. Hell, I remember being happy just to get a few yellows clearing an entire act three run.

You should feel blessed that you are a noob. Because you'd have quit in your first three days of buying this game if you started any time before the last few years.
It takes you like 2-3 days to gear up at the start of Seasons thanks to the sets being handed to you. Farm DBs with a Sage build and you can get everything you need in a week.

And you want higher drop rates?
Contrary to popular belief, the drop rate is actually really really high right now.

Wait what? That is the popular belief?
Stop playing PTR and the drop rate will feel normal on live.
OP, your seasonal character has 12 outta 13 ancient items, one month into the season. You are seriously complaining about the drop rate?

Assuming we follow your suggestion and have everybody full geared, best-in-slot, all ancients, within the first 20 minutes of the Season, what is it that you plan to do for the following three months?
Blizz should remove all drops except ancient at same rates. This would make legs feel legendary actually. Rad Gift is perfect drop rate imo. Leg rate is ridiculously high on T6 roughly +. Legs don't feel legendary in rarity at all. Rad Gift and ancient items are the only items which envoke a 'rare' feeling for me personally. Just remove non-ancient drops, it won't hurt the casual gamer like myself.
Use the cube. Drop rates have not decreased. With the new torments legendary drops are even more common. If you don't have the item you want, I personally don't think you are trying.
Drop rates are actually pretty high, in order to offset the ludicrous amount of randomness in the game's loot. I honestly find it very hard to believe you've had trouble finding upgrades in 500 levels. Are you using the cube? It's really easy to get pretty much anything with it. Even if it's not properly rolled, you can always save those items to reroll.
06/05/2016 03:36 PMPosted by YDFWM
OP kinda get the impression you play solo pretty much. Still the drop has not been lowered. When you can get a full ancient set in less then 3 days in seasons I don't think you have a valid reason to think any other way.

One can only imagine what you would have said if you played from day one. In 2 years of gameplay I only ever got one usable IK chest

No. Nobody is getting a full set of ancient gear in 3 days, save for the players that "Push" for 20 hours a day.

Just no.

Too many people here with their free 6 piece set and jumping right into TX wondering why drop rates are "fine" or "too good".

The actual drop rates of Normal ---> T7 has been systematically neutered since greater rifts were introduced. You use to be able to get 7-10 legendaries easily on a T6 rift....now you can't even get a single legendary off the rift guardian. T7+ the drops "mysteriously" start to increase drastically, to the point that yes ..it sometimes feels like they are throwing items at you when you kill a blue goblin. And then people kill a rift guardian at GR 80+ and go "er mah gerd...al da welfar epix!" because they forget you get all your loot at once instead of over the span of a rift.

Try starting a season without the instant 6/7 piece bags and without friends dropping items for you ( no..not solo ). The "too much drops" phenomenon goes away instantly.
^

Ehh

I started this account from scratch, on NS, so no freebies, 100% solo, I was more or less decked out in 40 hours after hitting lvl 70 with first char which I did solo as well. Sure, there was a few things that could've been a bit better, but nevertheless, I had all sets for my Barb, mostly ancient with proper rolls. I thin it took me ~250 hours solo to hit para 1k (again, non season) and pretty much afterwards no item that dropped I could consider an upgrade. So I have to disagree, drop rates are sky high, even DB seems to be dropping in decent volume once you are level 60.
06/06/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Judge
^

Ehh

I started this account from scratch, on NS, so no freebies, 100% solo, I was more or less decked out in 40 hours after hitting lvl 70 with first char which I did solo as well. Sure, there was a few things that could've been a bit better, but nevertheless, I had all sets for my Barb, mostly ancient with proper rolls. I thin it took me ~250 hours solo to hit para 1k (again, non season) and pretty much afterwards no item that dropped I could consider an upgrade. So I have to disagree, drop rates are sky high, even DB seems to be dropping in decent volume once you are level 60.

"40 hours after hitting lvl 70"
"250 hours solo to hit para 1k"

Okay...maybe reading is hard, but I'm pretty sure those two statements are precisely my point. Maybe we have a differing understanding of how much time 40 and 250 hours is.

"So I have to disagree, drop rates are sky high"

Except they aren't, as pointed out by your own numbers.

"even DB seems to be dropping in decent volume once you are level 60."

Here in lies the problem; people keep "seeming" to see things that don't actually happen.

In particular, DB drops start at 15% on Normal and don't reach 100% until Torment 8. There is no way you are having "seemingly" decent volume once you reach 60 ( especially since you yourself pointed out it was done solo and with no helping hand ).
06/06/2016 08:57 AMPosted by JoeShmo
No. Nobody is getting a full set of ancient gear in 3 days, save for the players that "Push" for 20 hours a day.

Well I guess you and I are playing a different game

06/06/2016 08:57 AMPosted by JoeShmo
Too many people here with their free 6 piece set and jumping right into TX wondering why drop rates are "fine" or "too good".

You have the same opportunity as everyone else to get the sets quickly. Its called smart play

Try starting a season without the instant 6/7 piece bags and without friends dropping items for you ( no.not solo ). The "too much drops" phenomenon goes away instantly

Your choice to play solo, not mine.

Again if you haven't got full sets within three days your just doing it wrong. I am sorry but that's a fact.

Seasons has made this game a free candy store that requires minimal effort to gain pretty much maximum gear in a very short time. Problem is, then comes the grind where you "actually" have to put time into gearing beyond TX

To much entitlement for little effort is how "casuals" want this game to be.