Best Places To Farm Without ROS?

General Discussion
So, I just bought Diablo 3 a few days ago, and I've passed the game and maxed my toon to level 60.
I haven't bought ROS yet, is there any good places to farm Legendary/Set/Gold without ROS? and what difficulty?

If you could reach level 70, that would mean you already have RoS.

The base game only allows you to reach level 60, then paragon levels from there.
I meant 60* haha sorry
If I remember correctly, Act 3 on the battlements and the keep depths were good farming spots in Vanilla. The Depths offer weak enemies in big numbers and the battlements can be packed as well.

As for difficulty, the drop rates increase the higher you go in Torments so go as high as you can manage.
Ummm, there are no good farming spots...and, farm for what...?

If you haven't got RoS, you haven't got 3/4 of the game....
If you've got luck on your side, farm the mats to create the Staff of Herding to enter Whimsyshire.

That is still considered one of the highest density in pre-RoS days. Most people farmed that map for legendaries. It is accessible from Act I only.

Speaking of Act I, you can do Halls of Agony runs, as well as Fields of Misery as well in addition to Act III.
06/05/2016 09:03 PMPosted by Lueroi
So, I just bought Diablo 3 a few days ago, and I've passed the game and maxed my toon to level 60.
I haven't bought ROS yet, is there any good places to farm Legendary/Set/Gold without ROS? and what difficulty?

Are you planning to buy Reaper anytime soon? If you are, then don't bother farming at all. Every item you farm for will be replaced before or soon after you hit 70.
Vault of the assassin in a 2 has good elite mobs Dalhgur Oasis, stonefort etc anywhere there are elite mobs, kill them and move to the next elite mob.
The version you are playing is bad and the one that comes after it not only is bad but also houses a community of morons. Do yourself a favor and uninstall. Friendly advice.
Hi! Welcome to the game!

The second level of most caves will usually have a Resplendent Chest. The Weeping Hollow (left exit of New Tristram) is packed with easy zombies and sometimes you'll find the cave Den of the Fallen there.

Keep any legendaries you find, in RoS you'll be able to extract their power even if the item is low level. Happy farming!
why arent you buying ROS?

is so cheap

game is so diff with ROS
can only extract level 70 items, I'm pretty sure
06/06/2016 12:43 AMPosted by DustInDaWind
can only extract level 70 items, I'm pretty sure

any level can be extracted, so save em up :)

I had a furnace drop at 55 or so, still cubed fine.
You actually don't need to farm up a copy of ROS , you can buy it from merchants in town. ;)
Um. What mats are you getting when you salvage?
If you are getting Demonic Essence instead of Deaths Breath I would say that you should just go ahead and buy RoS if you intend to ever get the expansion.

Blizzard made a change to mats. But I am uncertain if the change is retroactive to vanilla. If you are getting Deaths Breath you can farm but I am pretty sure you don't get DBs since I don't think they drop until level 61.

Anyway I would farm Elites and areas with high density. Areas with high density are the Fields of Misery in Act 1 and continue to the Festering Woods. You can also do the Halls of Agony runs.

If you have nemesis bracers, I would do runs through the Howling Plateau. This map usually has a lot of shrines and as well as spawned Elites. I don't think there is a denser map of Elites than this one if you can spawn additional Elites with the bracers.
Quit ruining his regular Diablo 3 experience...

What the first guy said. Act 3 is a great farming spot.

Also the "Vault of assassin" in act 2, and some other Ac2 areas.
06/05/2016 10:05 PMPosted by OldPro
Ummm, there are no good farming spots...and, farm for what...?

If you haven't got RoS, you haven't got 3/4 of the game....

You are always so helpful.

I would assume Legendaries, items in general. And maybe he couldn't afford RoS.

Look up the "Alkaiser" run. Its pretty good for loot as well. Whimsyshire definitely is.
The best place to farm without RoS is a job so you can get money to buy RoS.