Will You be Playing Diablo 3 in 12 years from now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Definitly not! This"thing" even did not hooked me for 1 year...while i am still returning to D2 with friends
When the game is finally offline capable, and completely lag free. I'll still be playing the game...
08/24/2016 06:37 PMPosted by Rogue
When the game is finally offline capable, and completely lag free. I'll still be playing the game...

You are Paragon 770 on Seasonal... so you are playing now right?
I hardly play it anymore as it is 4 years later, its shelf life was about 1-2 years the rest has just been dragging it through the mud. Too boring to play compared to D2 and it all comes down to character development: player choice developing skills > runes on rails, hunting down runes crafting items > blood shard slot machine, killing bosses in game world for best items > separate mode not playing a single map in world, rifting and slot machining all items in one night. Level 99 > level 70 (achievable in less than 5 mins)

So in short no wont be playing diablo 3 in 12 years.
No. I tend to play the same game for relatively long periods of time (compared to the masses of gamers who move from game to game to game, sticking with most games for a week or two), anywhere from 6 months to 3 or 4 years. But there is no game in the world that will keep my interest for 16 years. There comes a point where playing the same game is no longer interesting, no matter how great of an experience it was to begin with.
Most likely not. I don't see them adding content to D3 for that long. And without a bit of new content to keep things interesting, I'll eventually fade out. As to people who still play D2, I don't know how they do it...
06/16/2016 07:52 AMPosted by Melos
I logged in D2 this morning and there are 20,138 users playing 19,220 games of Diablo II Lord of Destruction. That's just the players playing online, and only for the expansion.

Spread 20K people over 19K games, and 90.9% of those people have to be playing solo. Come on, Blizzard! Tell me again how multiplayer was the core of the D2 experience...

D3's design missed the mark so completely that it really can't be understated. They tried to reinvent the Diablo experience entirely, by and for people that didn't really like what Diablo actually was, and have been trying ever since to convince us that their new version really was what we'd loved best about the series all along. Well, it wasn't, and it still isn't, and the evidence of that can apparently be found on their own classic battle.net servers. After ten years of development and one expansion, Blizzard's latest version has still only barely risen to the level of mediocre, and as long as they're unwilling to admit that this fundamental core design idea was the wrong call, it can't rise to the level of greatness in anything except its marketing campaigns.

I uninstalled the live D3 client a long time ago, and hadn't played anything except major PTRs since 2.0's PTR, anyway, and it's not looking like there'll be any more of those, so it looks like I'm already done. 12 years from now, I'm sincerely hoping that I'll have forgotten this game ever existed.
Realistically Diablo 3 didn't take 12 years to make.... a simple google search would teach you something you know. The original D3 was being made by Blizzard North, and then Blizzard North started D3 in 2001. Blizzard North was then "gone" in 2005. Their D3 was ten times different then the current D3, and was more around the grounds of D2 but "updated" The D3 we know was announced in 2008, which was not the original Blizzard North D3. No one knows when the D3 we have now was actually started, because it was worked from from scratch entirely.

So the actual development period was anywhere from 4-6 years (Up until the Beta of D3)
I don't play d3 now, once I realized how terrible the itemization was. I do however still play d2. Here's to hoping they scrap this pile and go back to the roots of Diablo 1 and 2 when 4 comes out.
08/24/2016 06:37 PMPosted by Rogue

Exactly, the only way I will play this in even 5 years is if they get rid of the stupid online requirement and some interesting trainers or item editors are available. The core game is pretty darn boring and once you hit the grifts with the best loot you can find no real reason to play anymore. The stash space is also stupid, with third party improvements it would be easily possible to have unlimited stash space.
Blizz would have to add a heck of an expansion and change some mechanics around significantly for a game like this to last that long. It's just too easy to get most of the significant loot and experience all the facets of the game.

That just leaves higher and higher grifting and more paragon grinding which does not speak well for longevity of this game.

I recall a quote from Einstein... insanity is the act of repeating something expecting a different result. Kind of what I feel now with D3 :(
LOL, no. I don't even really log on now. I got my stash tab and I am done. Once I have 10 tabs, I will stop till they make it a 4dps meta again.... or at the very least 3.
08/25/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Destruction
LOL, no. I don't even really log on now. I got my stash tab and I am done. Once I have 10 tabs, I will stop till they make it a 4dps meta again.... or at the very least 3.

Is there a cap on stash tabs? Why do you say 10?
08/26/2016 12:34 AMPosted by Melos
08/25/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Destruction

Is there a cap on stash tabs? Why do you say 10?

Yep the cap is 10, any new seasons after season 10 will just be if you missed a season, so eventually seasons will cap out at cosmetics..remaining players will be more opt to go for NS but hey it's season loving Blizzard here I'm sure they'll add something before then.
Well, I'd have to have D3 installed to play it at any time in the future, so... no. It's not worth downloading.

I'll probably play D2 some this weekend, though.
Honestly, I probably will. There's just something I find fun about killing random mobs with the chance of epic after epic and gold loot. Also, with my current paragon level, it will probably take me 12 years to reach a paragon level over 1500...which is my goal.
I'd love to be playing D3 twelve years from now===but since I turned 85 in June, I think it's just a little unlikely!! On the other hand, I have two cousins ages 95 and 99, so just maybe....
Lets be real here. This game will die the second there is a sequel. It is not a masterpiece like D2, there is no way in hell it will survive the test of time.
Its strenght lies in combat fluidity, QoL changes and to some extent graphics. Take a wild guess if those qualities will be hard to improve 12 years from now.
I thought I would never leave D3 but ever since NMS has been out, I haven't touched the game. I stopped playing seasons when I got the new pet. Didn't even get the stash and I don't care.

When I get tired of NMS, I'll play other games. I think I'm done with D3 for a while. I'll pop in here to see if anything new is going on, but that's about it.
06/16/2016 08:05 AMPosted by darkvoid
Hard to say. It depends on if candy crush comes out with candy crush 3, then no...

Pokemon Go is the new D3... crazy how similar both games are with the grinding and "loot" hunt.