What are your Pros and Cons of Both D3 and POE?

Games & Technology
Though I have not logged into D3 since last year this does not mean I prefer one over the other. I am only in POE because of how satisfying it is and there is trading and working towards your items and builds is really amazing. To me D3 is like you are given legos and a blue print and told to build something specific to what the manager asks you to do. In POE its like given the legos and asked to build whatever your imagination can think off this here I believe is what truly separates both games and why I am having such a hard time coming back to D3.

To me my Pros and Cons are

D3 Pros:
*Better Online because its a modern game so you have a party pole to click on to TP directly to a party member you also are placed into a party.

*They force you to play multi player this is a good thing, people should be forced into multi player for a better experience, single player should be abolished by now atleast this is my opinion.

*Everybody has their own loot in D3, in POE people can steal your loot if you aren't quick enough. Though you can either join a party with temporary loot or permanent look where everybody is given their own loot it all depends on how the leader of the party sets the option.

*Models are more attractive in D3, Demon Hunter has High Heels and the armor is custom design to fit the female body where as in POE it looks exact no matter who its on.

D3 Cons: Poor Builds everybody runs around with pretty much the same build. There is literally no build variation in this game because there is no meaningful skill tree. Paragon isn't a skill tree, a skill tree is much more versatile than that and changes the mechanics of builds dramatically.

POE Pros:

*Better lighting in graphics, spell effects look way better than D3, there is discharge builds in POE which feels absolutely god like to run if you can afford it BUT the models and armor look absolutely horrible.

*Game is practically free with only cosmetics giving you an advantage, and you are getting nearly a lifetime of free updates. Due to its microtransaction business model you can keep expecting far more content than D3 can ever push out, Blizzard will release some cosmetics for seasons in D3 but thats about it unless they bring some kind of expansion you aren't going to get new acts or anything like that, POE wins hands down here.

*Trading - I can't express how much I have missed Trading in an ARPG, the fact that POE has trading is a huge bonus.

*Auction House - POE has an Auction House, though its only half way completed it works very similar to D3's AH the only issue is you can't auto buy you need to message the person and do a face to face transaction. This is a good and bad thing, the good is you can most of the time get a discount, I see stuff selling for 10 chaos and face to face I can get it for half price often. The bad is if the person is afk or offline or busy you cannot get the item.

Builds: Well POE wins hands down here where gameplay is concerned the kind of builds I see in this game is mind blowing, things you never would have thought would be possible this game has near infinite variables in creating builds.

POE Cons

Women have flat shoes, most armor has no pants, unless you buy cosmetics you tend to look kinda ugly.

*Online fails where the party system is concerned, you have to beg someone for a portal and when they do they are so far away by the time you reach the portal.

Playing through POE the first time is a vomit inducing experience, the second starts getting a little better but then you get exhausted, there is no such thing as power leveling in POE so you are forced to endure the repetitive vomit inducing experience until you reach end game. The fact that POE has no way to power level makes it a bitter and nasty experience but if you can make it to Act 4 merciless difficulty which is end game, the game becomes mind blowing amazing from there.

End game is kinda like rifts you run maps or you run "dry lake" map in Act 4 which is almost identical to the snow map in Act 3 D3.
One more thing I forgot to mention which I think is the most important of all.

In POE if you invest time and your ingame money into an Item now, it will only become more powerful in 10 years from now. If the item you find is an OP item and gets nerf, your item then becomes a legacy item and is worth 10 times the price often 400 times the price as time goes by.

In D3 you farm for an item, Blizzard may implement a patch and the item becomes worthless and you have to start farming all over again.

Example is thunder fury how it became pretty much useless.
D3 has us killing the same monsters with the same gear and the same skills season after season. The numbers get bigger but nothing actually changes between patches or difficulty levels. It's a terrible game with a tremendously good combat system.

PoE is conceptually on an entirely different level. It's something more than RPG for Idiots, which is great. But it doesn't have that luscious, intuitive combat stem that keeps me playing D3.
While I do agree going through the acts from start each league imo sucks in Poe. D3 cannot hold a candle to Poe. Hate as much as you want but I quit d3 about a year ago., don't give me crap about about not knowing end game or elite kills in d3, take a look at my profile.besides graphics d3 has nothing else on Poe.

Trading in Poe. Yes trading, imagine that.

Skill tree. Now it looks very confusing at first especially coming from d3 but just like every other game, learn it, play with it and you will use it to your advantage. There are so many builds you make with each class it is incredible. Pretty sure 1 class in Poe has more builds then every class in d3 combined.

Masters and crafting, yep the most powerful items are crafted and can be mirrored which is quite expensive but there is a reason to spend your currency, yeah currency is crafting materials, no gold in Poe. Also masters can create hideouts which you can also decorate, when you complete master missions they give favor points which can be used to buy decorations for your hideout from each master. Decorations can be moved around to suit your style.

6 man parties

Leagues every 3 months, which is fine d3 has leagues also. But Poe leagues come with challenges, complete a certain amount of challenges and get free Mtxs. Also each league is unique. With different themes.

Updates, updates, update. Constantly being updated. Now d3 made a !@#$ ton of money off of d3 yet Poe consistently puts a ton of updates out, with a hell of a lot less money and employees.

Down time, lol. Next to none, there is no 24 hour down times, %^-* it only took them hours of downtime to implant league that just started. How is it Poe can have next to no downtime, and d3s downtime sucks hard.

Poe implements quick fixes on any exploits found immediately. I have seen d3 exploits go on for months even when known about.

Hands down Poe is the better game. Again quit a year, go look at my paragon level and elite kills and kills in general before you fan boi !@#$% at me.

Good luck on d3 I left and never looked back until I got bored and took a look at forums just now ;)
D3 and POE share a lot but also have a very unique feel about them, Which is the superior game, I give the nod to POE. I think it is better supported, changes come faster, there is always something new in that game. I think D3 has changed, to mirror POE, it has a great company behind them in Blizzard, but it has been two years since a major expansion. I just came back after taking two seasons off, I get to about 300 Paragon points and bail. D3 has matured to the point of becoming obsolete in the next couple of years without some major investment for expansion by Blizzard. Not to say that is a bad thing, and people will continue to play it for years, but it seems obvious that the game is in status quo mode.
06/06/2016 09:16 AMPosted by JOHN
They force you to play multi player this is a good thing, people should be forced into multi player for a better experience, single player should be abolished by now atleast this is my opinion.

Funny, I'm of the opinion that D3 is a single player mode with some grouping added. I'm also of the opinion that this game is much better solo.
06/06/2016 10:10 AMPosted by Shanso
Funny, I'm of the opinion that D3 is a single player mode with some grouping added. I'm also of the opinion that this game is much better solo.

Amen.
trading in poe isn't great, once you get the gear you want, there is absolutely nothing left to do with your character, you're done.

in d3... you farm paragons to 1up your grift progression. this is endless.

sooooooooo..................................
06/06/2016 10:16 AMPosted by nachtengel
trading in poe isn't great, once you get the gear you want, there is absolutely nothing left to do with your character, you're done.

so say you have all your gear in D3 and you have completed your objectives for the season (like achievements). why would you want to keep grinding paragon just to get one more GRift level? isnt that rather pointless if you have already beat the game?

basically what you are saying is you are grinding just to grind because the only thing that is going to happen is all that progress is going to roll over to non-season and then you have to start from scratch next season.
To me my Pros and Cons are.....

Nice piece of "POEtry" :-D
06/06/2016 10:23 AMPosted by Morogoth
06/06/2016 10:16 AMPosted by nachtengel

so say you have all your gear in D3 and you have completed your objectives for the season (like achievements). why would you want to keep grinding paragon just to get one more GRift level? isnt that rather pointless if you have already beat the game?

basically what you are saying is you are grinding just to grind because the only thing that is going to happen is all that progress is going to roll over to non-season and then you have to start from scratch next season.

^ Please don't remind me !
I still have no idea what the point of going back to my old toon is anymore. As a matter of fact, Seasons make me forget why I have None Season Characters!
After evaluating this fact, I'm at a lost for reason on continuing None-seasonal play!

I'm soooooo confused!!! What's my main? None Season? Season? Arrrrg!!!!
What are your Pros and Cons of Both D3 and POE?

so you really want to know what i think? here you go then:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20743064543?page=6#115

in this post i gave D3 a 1.3/10 rating. :)
click the link to find out more about the pros and cons!
06/06/2016 10:10 AMPosted by Shanso
06/06/2016 09:16 AMPosted by JOHN
They force you to play multi player this is a good thing, people should be forced into multi player for a better experience, single player should be abolished by now atleast this is my opinion.

POE is very much single player way more than D3. But I prefer party members and a match making system.

The problem I am seeing with D3 is due to no future expansion, there is nothing meaningful being pushed out for D3 despite Blizzard selling 30 million copies

Yet an indie company behind POE can somehow manage to push out a thousand times more content for Free with the best of gameplay. This staggers the sane imagination/
You know whats funny I looked at tons of builds on the forums for POE, trying to copy one for a discharge. Then last night I played with a guy with some kind of crazy charge explosion build but NOTHING I have ever seen on youtube or forums

I checked everywhere and the specific one he has cannot be found. I asked him the name of it and he said its his own custom build .

That was really Amazing its like the minecraft of build variety.
06/06/2016 10:23 AMPosted by Morogoth

Completing the seasonal objectives isn't the end of the season. It isnt even the reason to play seasons for me. I play seasons to get a even playing field start and challenge myself.

I play seasons to try to beat my personal solo grift level best and then keep trying to then beat that. Its like golf. You are really playing against yourself, trying to do better each and every time.

The seasonal objective list just sorta takes care of itself while playing for the most part.
06/06/2016 10:45 AMPosted by JOHN
You know whats funny I looked at tons of builds on the forums for POE, trying to copy one for a discharge. Then last night I played with a guy with some kind of crazy charge explosion build but NOTHING I have ever seen on youtube or forums

I checked everywhere and the specific one he has cannot be found. I asked him the name of it and he said its his own custom build .

That was really Amazing its like the minecraft of build variety.

thats pretty much what i do too there. i just run whatever i feel like creating. thats the great thing about PoE though.

i remember in D3 vanilla how people would talk about build combinations all the time. there would be threads that discussed them that went on through multiple reposts since post count in each thread is limited to something like 500. its not the same anymore because the sets determine your build. not that people dont talk about builds.. they do... just not in the same way.

06/06/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Shovelhead
Completing the seasonal objectives isn't the end of the season. It isnt even the reason to play seasons for me. I play seasons to get a even playing field start and challenge myself.

I play seasons to try to beat my personal solo grift level best and then keep trying to then beat that. Its like golf. You are really playing against yourself, trying to do better each and every time.

The seasonal objective list just sorta takes care of itself while playing for the most part.

i dont play golf.

..but i see what your saying anyway.
I was in Beta for months and then played for quite a while after live. That was the one thing I loved most about PoE... The developers. You could literally feel how much they loved their own game.

If Blizzard hired the devs and design team over there and gave them a Blizzard sized game budget and creative freedom... they could easily build the PERFECT Diablo 4.
06/06/2016 11:00 AMPosted by Akiz
I was in Beta for months and then played for quite a while after live. That was the one thing I loved most about PoE... The developers. You could literally feel how much they loved their own game.

If Blizzard hired the devs and design team over there and gave them a Blizzard sized game budget and creative freedom... they could easily build the PERFECT Diablo 4.

i doubt it. one of the real issues with D3, which has been discussed before, in comparison to PoE is that D3 is coporate and PoE isnt. what this basically boils down to is the guys at the top are looking at the profitability of D3 and really dont care much about the players themselves. this in turn causes the developers to adopt the same level of respect over time because they have to meet the demands of the higher ups who are trying to please shareholders. D3 is basically all about grabbing your money in short. if you have fun playing for a while then that is great!

on the opposite end of things PoE is F2P and the higher ups are the developers. the F2P model also comes with some interesting caveats. F2P means they dont get paid unless you enjoy the game enough to either A) donate or B) want to buy cosmetic game items. so in that regard they have to keep pushing out content and making things as enjoyable for the audience as they can. if the game stagnates then it would die because of how the pay model works. obviously no game can please everyone, but i think they do a good job at many aspects of the game.
My biggest negative for POE was the camera angle is tipped just a bit too far. I play Diablo with 3dvision, but the camera angle in POE is just a lot less immersive. Still played POE cover to cover a few times though, great game :)
Quality of Life in PoE is just simply head and shoulders above D3. Stash tabs can be purchased so that stash space is virtually unlimited. Tabs can be named and colored for easy sorting.

PoE continues to expand. New uniques appear every League and can only be acquired in League. League challenges are interesting and fun and entirely different from the one before it. The Labyrinth adds a new and wonderful complexity to a game already pushing the complexity envelope. Active skills can be changed as fast as you can switch out skill or support gems, but changing your passive skills requires a fairly rare currency.

The higher in difficulty you go the more challenging the game becomes, even with great gear, nothing in PoE is a faceroll on level.

The solo player is at no inherent disadvantage.

In comparison, D3's stash space is limited. The game itself is static, if not stagnate, with predictable seasons, uninteresting low-level play and worthless loot hunt until level cap. Once gear is set, pushing GRifts becomes the sole activity. Solo play is significantly disadvantaged.

D3 has three great things going for it: 1) The lore; 2) the iconic classes; and 3) the great combat.

The two games feel and play entirely different. D3 has a more arcade, flash bang feel to it, while PoE is more deliberate.

Of course, the bemusing thing about these comparisons is that GGG set out to develop an homage to Diablo. Diablo 2 that is. Path of Exile is the results.

I play both games and like them for different reasons. At the moment, D3 is really in a repetitive, unimaginative slump; whereas PoE is growing and experimenting. So if I want something familiar and easy, I opt for D3. But when I'm interested in some excitement, something new and challenging, I play PoE.