Where is everyone? Is this game dead (dying?)

General Discussion
Good morning,

One thing I've noticed is that hardly anyone is online, at least at my torment levels - am I just THAT far behind in the game? I'm up to Torment IV and I'm still barely seeing anyone in games at that level. Is everyone just super geared and way ahead of me?

Maybe I need to join an active clan?

Hello? [echo](HELLO...hello...hello....)[/echo]
Everyone at this point is at t10 at least my dude. Basically everyone and their mother nowadys just gets plvled to 250 and heads to t10 to pretend to contribute to rifts and prays someone can speed clear so they get that sweet sweet leech (I was an expert at this)
i'm guessing a lot of people went to overwatch
06/07/2016 05:30 AMPosted by Boost
Everyone at this point is at t10 at least my dude. Basically everyone and their mother nowadys just gets plvled to 250 and heads to t10 to pretend to contribute to rifts and prays someone can speed clear so they get that sweet sweet leech (I was an expert at this)

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. It gets pretty boring playing solo games over and over...D2 never felt so empty (nor did D1).

When will it be my turn to leech T10?
= )
G'day Sir.
I'm guessing you play seasons, right?
After 24 hours in a new season, everyone is in T10.
After 1-2 weeks, everyone is at Paragon 1000+ and don't socialize with "Casuals"

Still lots of people playing, they are just so damn busy... If you have a life outside Diablo 3, don't try and keep up in Diablo as well. Can't be done.
Also most people who have invested into seasons have joined a clan/community and play within emso I suggest checking that out
06/07/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Taurea
G'day Sir.
I'm guessing you play seasons, right?
After 24 hours in a new season, everyone is in T10.
After 1-2 weeks, everyone is at Paragon 1000+ and don't socialize with "Casuals"

Still lots of people playing, they are just so damn busy... If you have a life outside Diablo 3, don't try and keep up in Diablo as well. Can't be done.

Yep, I created a season toon. Okay so I'm just a slowpoke..I get it now. I'm just a "normal" player, not an elite. I missed the T10 bus somehow.

06/07/2016 05:40 AMPosted by Boost
Also most people who have invested into seasons have joined a clan/community and play within em so I suggest checking that out

Yeah I suppose that's what I need to do, but I see so many clans...
I can help you gear up a bit if you're available around 6pm EST
06/07/2016 06:02 AMPosted by Boost
I can help you gear up a bit if you're available around 6pm EST

Today? I will definitely be available then and I'll make sure to be online.
Thanks, bud...I really appreciate it!
Yup today I'll add you when I get home :)
06/07/2016 06:06 AMPosted by Boost
Yup today I'll add you when I get home :)

Awesome! Do you use Vent/Curse voice/etc?
You need to get to p200 or p250 to unlock t10. just a bit more time.
I'm at Paragon 213 and starting to work on T7. I play solo though. I can clear rifts at T7 but I don't have enough DPS to make it through T28 in under 15 minutes yet. So I'm running regular rifts and using the Greater Rifts to level up my gems in preparation for some augmentation to get me moving on the next tier.
06/07/2016 06:20 AMPosted by adm0ni
You need to get to p200 or p250 to unlock t10. just a bit more time.

I see...I'm only at 103 atm. My Barb's profile updated - aside from Raekor's and my IK belt (that I should socket?), my gear probably sucks...
It's not you. By now, Seasons or not, a ton of people are simply playing in Torment X (Ten), and some are even doing G'Rifts (Greater Rifts) that make Torment X look like Torment I (One). I'm talking about G'Rift difficulties exceeding 50 or more on a regular basis. While I don't know how they manage to do this, since I don't play Diablo III: Reaper of Souls nearly as much as these people do, nor do I have an interest in Seasons, it is absolutely possible to basically speed-run these G'Rifts and get some incredible loot and Gold that, quite honestly, puts Torment X to shame. That's not to say Torment VI (Six) to X won't get you some good loot, though, since any difficulty ranging from Torment VI-X almost guarantees a few Legendary or Set items when running a Rift to completion, not just killing the Rift Guardian. I mean clearing out all of the floors and every corner of each floor.

A lot of elite players do join clans, too. This game is far from "dead". How "alive" is it compared to its initial release and in between? I don't know. What I do know is that you are guaranteed to find a game/clan to play with on Torment X, so work towards it.
06/07/2016 06:52 AMPosted by Cheese
It's not you. By now, Seasons or not, a ton of people are simply playing in Torment X (Ten), and some are even doing G'Rifts (Greater Rifts) that make Torment X look like Torment I (One). I'm talking about G'Rift difficulties exceeding 50 or more on a regular basis.

Good to know that I'm not doing something terribly wrong, anyway. I'm not even close to TX, but hopefully will get a little ahead in the game with Boost's help tonight. I'm sure he/she can teach me quite a bit.
I get the feeling you've not been following season objectives and as a result you have not collected your free 6pc set? If so you'd be very close to playing T10 by now. There is plenty of people willing to help, me included. If I'm online when you are I'm happy to help.
06/07/2016 07:34 AMPosted by Juls
I get the feeling you've not been following season objectives and as a result you have not collected your free 6pc set? If so you'd be very close to playing T10 by now. There is plenty of people willing to help, me included. If I'm online when you are I'm happy to help.

I didn't start at the beginning of the season, but I have the 6 piece Raekor's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Martoch-1755/hero/77146508

Aside from that, my stuff sucks - I've not had good luck with drops thus far.

I completed the Season 6 chapters 1-4 objectives for the portrait/pennant.

I'll add you as well - thanks for the offer!
Starting barb was your mistake ;)
06/07/2016 08:45 AMPosted by SuusJudex
Starting barb was your mistake ;)

Nah, Barb has plenty of options to farm gear. Once you get enough gear, you can transition to a zbarb build and easily find groups for high grifts.