Where is everyone? Is this game dead (dying?)

General Discussion
06/07/2016 08:45 AMPosted by SuusJudex
Starting barb was your mistake ;)

Uh oh!

06/07/2016 08:54 AMPosted by xDUMPWEEDx
06/07/2016 08:45 AMPosted by SuusJudex
Starting barb was your mistake ;)

Nah, Barb has plenty of options to farm gear. Once you get enough gear, you can transition to a zbarb build and easily find groups for high grifts.

Not familiar with zbarb at all - I was told to get the Raekor's and use the set bonus to be a charging barb.
Overwatch has taken ahold of quite a few of my friends.
Most people will help with free carry if they have the time to do it, unless they are already playing in a 4man group and server is full, since this dumb game decided to limit the multiplayer to only 4 instead of 8 which it used to be in Diablo 2. Nerfing multiplayer to cater to console, why not just make the console version 4 player and keep 8 players on PC?
06/07/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Snusdosan89
Most people will help with free carry if they have the time to do it, unless they are already playing in a 4man group and server is full, since this dumb game decided to limit the multiplayer to only 4 instead of 8 which it used to be in Diablo 2. Nerfing multiplayer to cater to console, why not just make the console version 4 player and keep 8 players on PC?

Yeah I did notice the 4 player multiplayer limit due to console, which was a horrible idea IMHO. Did the game start off that way or did a patch limit multiplayer to 4 people once the console version launched?

I understand that not everyone has time to help others. I've already helped players even newer than me as much as I could and thankfully, I've had a couple nice folks here offer to help me this evening.
Dunno, think one reason is it get dreadfully dull at some point when you hit the needed 2-3 percent power boost from ancient farming and stuck in boring tier bonus of only one move is powerful.
Even the people who pubbed at the start have mostly moved on to making pugs at this point in the season. Also, the game is actually dying.
06/07/2016 05:32 AMPosted by Martoch
When will it be my turn to leech T10?
= )

Everyone gets to T10 within a week, even if you're in a clan (which you should be)....

You aren't going to see any games publicly that are less than TX.....

edit: ^the game isn't dying.....this is a time when a lot players are done until the next season, and taking a break. First week of the season, there are a lot of players online.
06/07/2016 12:48 PMPosted by dogma420
06/07/2016 05:32 AMPosted by Martoch
When will it be my turn to leech T10?
= )

Everyone gets to T10 within a week, even if you're in a clan (which you should be)....

I joined a friend's clan, not knowing beforehand that nobody is ever online, so I need to find another one.
the last month of the seasons a lot of players take a break from what I see, so yeah, not very many players are on now....but, it's not a reason to make the seasons shorter, it's a time for accomplished players to simply take a break to recharge, so to speak, before the next season.

if the seasons were only a month long, I would probably not play anymore.
I got the stash tab and quit the game....till next seasson. Para 604 HC
Overwatch and Summer got my friends. I was in the cosmetic farming communities but they got weird this weekend. Nothing but Fbombs and ra-p-e jokes. So, back to private games for me unless I need bounty mats or rift keys.
I uninstall D3 a while ago, not coming back untill theres runewords, charms and PvP lobbys
06/07/2016 05:24 AMPosted by Martoch
Is everyone just super geared and way ahead of me?
Yes.
I wonder when they are gonna fix the public game queue as a whole so there's no t2-9 options to choose from and there should be an option to choose between q'ing with paragon level 100-500, 501-800, 801-1000 and 1001+ or something like that.
You should play NS. Less para snobery in NS. Understandable though, season are all about efficinecy due to being within a limited time frame.
There hasn't been an actual content update since RoS release, so its understandable people are just really tired of doing adventure mode / rifts for 10 /100th thousand time.

A lot of folks just play seasons to get the tab and then move on.

2.4.1 didn't add anything to the game other than cosmetics...so people who remember Season 2 just quit while they were ahead.

Overwatch ( and any new blizzard release ) drains the playerbase from other titles pretty easily the first month or two its out.

But yeah...I've noticed that even the forums can go hours without a new post. Game is definitely on the lowest it's ever been.
Honestly. After the first few week you can barely find game sunder T10. Which is why always best to get a power level and just leech a bit in rifts heh
One problem with this game is the difficulty levels and huge power gap between starting 70 and 1 week @ 70 and 1 month @ 70.

Earlier games never had this kind of gap and issues. If you could get yourself to level 70+ and some average gear in D2 you could pretty much be part of the killing in late Acts of Hell difficulty, especially well in Classic D2 which has less OP items than in LoD (items are more even top item vs average item).
06/07/2016 05:24 AMPosted by Martoch
I'm up to Torment IV

Hum ..... my thought, you may more likely to see player in T1, T7 & T10 if you are seasonal player. And unlikely to see player outside T10 if you are non-season :-)
Been playing Hearthstone a bit. Also waiting on my new vid card (a 960 gtx 4GB) to play Doom. Its not keeping my interest anymore and I think thats going on with a lot of people.

This game had its run, but its played out