2.4.2 PTR patch notes

Witch Doctor
Official patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20149714/

Datamined:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48757-diablo-patch-2-4-2a-ptr

Spirit Barrage deals {c_magic}500% increased damage for every second it's channeled into an enemy stacking up to {c_magic}5 times.

Sounds fun. But it seems this won't have synergy with any of the current 6p sets and will be a LoN item.

Also, gotta love the Royal Apothecary guy :)
I didn't think SB series are categorized as "channel" skills.
It doesn't solve the lack of AOE issue for the WD class.

Just wondering, were the recent patches such failures that they need to think of the next patch already?
Basically it means the Well of Souls rune, I suppose. But indeed it's a single target skill when you need to stand still and channel.

The last patch was balancing and cosmetics patch. This one seems to continue balancing and doing some small changes that enables new builds (dh traps, spirit barrage, akkhan, raiment). Hopefully they will make jade viable again.

And change the current meta. Can't have three seasons in a row spamming twisters in a corner.
Do spirit barrage works with grin reaper mimics?

Then it will add a little AoE and increase STD.

The big problem with the skill is what gems to use. Zei's, BotS and BotT feels like a good choice but then you cannot use enforcer and pets which almost feels mandatory for LoN...

P42_WitchDoctor_SpiritBarrage - [PH] Name me!
Will be interesting what the belt/bracer will bring.

Gazing Demise will also get an update it seems, might be something to do with SB
Yeah, will be interesting to see which gear piece will buff SB. Hopefully it will be something other than a ring. Gazing Demise would be a good option here. Then you could use gargs for AOE and SB for single target damage and to build up BotS stacks.

Regarding gems, I suppose it would be BotS, BotT and BotP since they all boost both gargs and SB. Although I would like the meta shift to the direction that at least one defensive gem is mandatory.
I'm really curious about these buffs/items, SB is a cool skill. Can't wait to see the whole patch notes.
Gazing Demize will give Manitou rune on all the time...

My two cents.
06/14/2016 11:20 AMPosted by fao
Gazing Demize will give Manitou rune on all the time...

My two cents.

No, it is the +2500% SB buff. PTR is online.
So its bascally LoN Voos Juicer/Demise?

Id dig that...
Perhaps some good Jade action with new Emptness,..

Who knowz...
Sooo, with all the changes WDs direly need, the only good thing we get is SB having a damage bonus, yet the bonus doesn't work with ANYTHING....

Good times..

"Been playing Witch Doctor for X years, and all I got was this lousy tee-shirt."
The new gazing Demise and ring of emptiness boost are interesting.
06/14/2016 07:02 PMPosted by Friday
The new gazing Demise and ring of emptiness boost are interesting.

RoE's buff is nice, but I'm not diggin' a SB build. I got the new Gazing Demise already on PTR since it's common as hell, saved my gg Ancient Voo's Juice and ran LoN with it. It was strong, but I played it only for a limited time because I was not enjoying it as my primary spam skill at all.
Piranhas
Can no longer stack with casts from other sources
Mass Confusion
Skill Rune - Paranoia

No more 180% damage buff from supdocs :(
06/15/2016 05:38 AMPosted by Zasz
Piranhas
Mass Confusion
Skill Rune - Paranoia

No more 180% damage buff from supdocs :(

So "other sources" basically means Grin Reaper right?
IDK, Hopefully there is more coming but Jade and Spirit skills get a major boost which has been long awaited.

I ran a LON SB build in D3planner and am getting around 200b simulated DPS from SB with the new buff legendary. Not sure if the channel shoulders will be updated to include SB, doubt it, but would be nice.

But at 1.5b toughness and 300m recover with 200b+ simulated dps (math says yo can crit for 500b but I could have messed that up). Id say SB could be a 4man combo - it still brings most of the zdps buffs but the highest single mob dps in game.

PS was even able to stack 130% AD into the build and went zero pets so things would come to you.

I have hopes for the patch.
While not ideal, a LoN build with RoE and Creeping Death (so haunt and LS stay on mobs permanently after only one cast of each) with the new SB buffs????.....crazy numbers?....or was that what you did Skyi?
quila and Unity cubed. I switched it to Wormwood, Aquila amnd ROE. I dropped Mass confusion for Locust CoI and Hex for Haunt Poison rune.

Its nets 1.2b sheet to 3b, however thn you're weaving haunt with SB which will break the channel buff and you go from 1.5b toughness down to 400m.

I think its an overall loss, at least on solo. In 4m ROE setup is probably a win since you can set it and forget it on elites and RG. Other option is in solo to use lingering over poison rune so youre not constantly reapplying.

Ill want to try both for sure. Dont know if Ill get time to do this on PTR.
- Gazing Demise - Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune. Each active Phantasm increases the damage of Spirit Barrage by 40%. (reworked)

- Phantasm : Summon a spectre that deals 750% (up from 675%) weapon damage as Cold over 5 seconds to all enemies within 10 yards. / You can have a maximum of 3 Phantasms out at one time.

What is up with these? So you have a mojo that buffs Phantasm damage by 120% (I'm sure this is multiplicative).But nothing (except LoN) that buffs Phantasm. For Jade it's the same as harvesting the dot from Effaciouss Toxin gem, no? And for LoN surely you will want to use the Cat or Snake.
06/21/2016 01:06 AMPosted by AliRawidDuh
- Gazing Demise - Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune. Each active Phantasm increases the damage of Spirit Barrage by 40%. (reworked)

- Phantasm : Summon a spectre that deals 750% (up from 675%) weapon damage as Cold over 5 seconds to all enemies within 10 yards. / You can have a maximum of 3 Phantasms out at one time.

What is up with these? So you have a mojo that buffs Phantasm damage by 120% (I'm sure this is multiplicative).But nothing (except LoN) that buffs Phantasm. For Jade it's the same as harvesting the dot from Effaciouss Toxin gem, no? And for LoN surely you will want to use the Cat or Snake.

This make absolutly no sense. I really hope this is a joke or there is something else coming.