ln-depth Support Wiz 2.4.1 Guide

Wizard
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/80985-in-depth-support-wiz-gr-95-speeds-guide-bible

For those that want to loot share, do speeds, AND not fall asleep while playing a support this is it. It's very interactive.

Thanks!
vouch this! I helped a little by suggesting the use of gale force.. praise me!

wizard power!
Looks cool.

Just FYI, in case you weren't aware: if you are wearing a Halo, after you do any of the typical snapshot activities (pick up an item, potion, or change zones), Frozen Storm stops triggering the cold portion of EE (along with some other things that aren't relevant to this discussion). It's an old bug with Halo that was partially fixed for some things (Crystallize stacks) but then left alone. I just tested this again to reconfirm. This only happens while wearing a Halo, it doesn't happen if you are using Frozen Storm without it.

You can fix it by recasting Ice Armor after you change zones/potion. You'll want to make sure you are doing that, otherwise you are missing out on your cold EE stack. Also not sure how that would effect Iceblink, but it may very well stop triggering Iceblink after you do the snapshot activities as well. Same goes for Cold Blooded.

I also notice you aren't using Bone Chill. That's a 33% additive damage debuff that will be up almost all of the time. As a bonus, manually cast Frost Novas (even the non-damaging runes like Bone Chill) will trigger EE, proc Iceblink, and proc Cold Blooded. Halo cast Novas will not regardless of the snapshot thing (but will still trigger the 33% debuff), but you should have enough CDR that your manually cast Novas will be able to keep EE and Iceblink up even if your Halo bugs out your Frozen Storm because you potion/change zones and forget to recast.

Also, item procs will not trigger EE. So that's a no go on Thundergod's or Thunderfury. I just tested this again to reconfirm. So you'll need lightning damage on your weapon for this build. And you don't need to do the wand attack to trigger the lightning portion of EE. EE was designed to trigger off the elemental type on your wand for all attacks, not just wand attacks.

Sounds cool, but you should update it keeping the EE mechanics and bugged Halo mechanics in mind. And I'd probably try to work in Bone Chill.

EDIT: Looks like they fixed the Warzechian bug.
06/04/2016 04:20 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Looks cool.

Just FYI, in case you weren't aware: if you are wearing a Halo, after you do any of the typical snapshot activities (pick up an item, potion, or change zones), Frozen Storm stops triggering the cold portion of EE (along with some other things that aren't relevant to this discussion). It's an old bug with Halo that was partially fixed for some things (Crystallize stacks) but then left alone. E.g. Frozen Storm stops triggering Warzechians after you do any of the snapshot activities while wearing a Halo too. I just tested this again to reconfirm. This only happens while wearing a Halo, it doesn't happen if you are using Frozen Storm without it.

You can fix it by recasting Ice Armor after you change zones/potion. You'll want to make sure you are doing that, otherwise you are missing out on your cold EE stack. Also not sure how that would effect Iceblink, but it may very well stop triggering Iceblink after you do the snapshot activities as well.

I also notice you aren't using Bone Chill. That's a 33% additive damage debuff that will be up almost all of the time. As a bonus, manually cast Frost Novas (even the non-damaging runes like Bone Chill) will trigger EE and proc Iceblink. Halo cast Novas will not regardless of the snapshot thing (but will still trigger the 33% debuff), but you should have enough CDR that your manually cast Novas will be able to keep EE and Iceblink up even if your Halo bugs out your Frozen Storm because you potion/change zones and forget to recast.

Also, item procs will not trigger EE. So that's a no go on Thundergod's or Thunderfury. I just tested this again to reconfirm. So you'll need lightning damage on your weapon for this build. And you don't need to do the wand attack to trigger the lightning portion of EE. EE was designed to trigger off the elemental type on your wand for all attacks, not just wand attacks.

Sounds cool, but you should update it keeping the EE mechanics and bugged Halo mechanics in mind. And I'd probably try to work in Bone Chill.

thx for infos :)

however there isnt really any way to work in Bone chill :(
Why not use duplicates instead of mirrored images? It gives 4 images instead of 2 so casts twice as much stuff.

also, props with coming up with the build

I will try it out when i get the gears
06/04/2016 06:09 PMPosted by yang
Why not use duplicates instead of mirrored images? It gives 4 images instead of 2 so casts twice as much stuff.

mm yea definately should use that
06/04/2016 06:09 PMPosted by yang

Your right, I'm still min/maxing it, been really derping since I've stayed up working out the kinks for the build. Thanks for the contribution! Hoping for some thumb ups to make this a lil more popular :P
Also, you can trade teleport for the - 25 less damage rune. Your already doing arcane with black hole.
06/05/2016 02:14 AMPosted by yang
Also, you can trade teleport for the - 25 less damage rune. Your already doing arcane with black hole.

I already went over this, I change this on live game depending on what the group.

tl;dr it's for the cc, fb's apds. If you have survival issues go safe passage.
ah ok, my bad. its late here and wasnt paying attention.