Any effective T6+ Crusader builds I can use?

Crusader
Hi, I'm looking to push my Greater Rift and Torment difficulty up beyond T6, but my Crusader, along with the rest of my characters, are either too squishy to take the damage, or don't deal enough damage in general.

Before you ask, yes, I do gear each one of my characters with a known build for each class. Firebird for my Wizard, Sentry build for my Demon Hunter, Whirlwind for my Barbarian, and Locust Swarm + Corpse Spiders build for my Witch Doctor, with the exception of the Monk, who I haven't geared yet. And yes, I am a season player of this game, having played since its initial release over 4 years ago in May of 2012. It's just the Crusader that's giving me a difficult time.

As for my Crusader, I'm currently using the Shield Bash + Sweep Attack build, while trying to grind for the Blessed Hammer build. While I do like my current build because of how much damage it can deal to a single target, it can't deal with large amounts of enemies at once in a short amount of time, and its crowd control in general isn't very good unless I use Sweep Attack, and the build in general requires close range, meaning I have to waste my time running towards the enemy instead of being able to attack from medium or long range like other build.

Is there another effective build for the Crusader that can, at the very least, let me push T6 difficulty solo, and up to T10 in a group without having to be carried or leech off of my teammates? If there is, I would like to know about it. But, before you post, please read the following:

1. Do not use abbreviations. I don't understand half of the slang used for this game.
2. Please give a basic passive and skill set guide to use this build most effectively.
3. Give a detailed list of the Legendary or Set items I'll need for the build.
4. List the primary and secondary attributes recommended for the build on each item.
5. Please give any additional tactics or information on the build that can prove helpful.

I really think the Crusader class has potential to become a force of destruction that makes the Terminator look like Slippy the Toad from Starfox, but it just seems like we always have to work twice as hard opposed to the others classes, and almost as if he has a handicap to purposely make him weaker. Any advice on builds would be extremely helpful.
http://www.d3planner.com/361721318

http://www.d3planner.com/394492842

http://www.d3planner.com/715374406

http://www.d3planner.com/884590822

Any of these will get you where you're trying to go.
Akkhan set (free this season) with blessed shield build = tx.
LON blessed shield = gr 70 with crappy gear like me
look at my profile to see skills/gear.
To the OP:

LoN Blessed shield has become my favorite farming build. All those shields flying around will also break things that you most likely overlook with other builds. It is also vastly overpowering TX, so there shouldn't be any problems on that side.

My current setup is for pure farming:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/QBBQ-1397/hero/44243247

Without modifications, my farming build can complete grift 70-72 fairly easily.

By upping my defenses, I can push a bit higher, like other posters have said.

Have fun (which you'll have with this build for sure)! :)
Please explain what LoN is. I don't understand that abbreviation, and please give me the Legendary/Set items I'll need for the build, including recommended passives, skill runes, skills, and Legendary Gems.

@Delrin

Luckily for me, I do have a complete, albeit crude Blessed Shield/Akkhan build ready to be put together on my Crusader, as well as a ready-to-go Shotgun build with an Ancient Fate of the Fell.
LoN refers to the ring set called Legacy of Nightmare.

Their description states that:

"While this is your only Item Set bonus every Ancient item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 100% and reduces your damage taken by 4%."

You can basically put on any ancient item to start with in each gear slot and potentially get your damage increased by 1300% (if both rings are also ancient). As you farm, you'll slowly get ancient legendaries that are optimized for your build.

That's both a good things and a bad thing. The good part being that you most likely have ancient items for each slot already, so you can most likely already have +1000% or so right off the bat.

The bad part is that it takes an incredible amount of time to farm the right ancient pieces with the right stats (since legendary items only have a 10% chance to be ancient).
Hey man, LoN is short of Legacy of Nightmares. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/litany-of-the-undaunted

Their links that include "d3planner" is a website where you can save builds, including items and skills. If you follow their links you can see all of their recommended items and stuff.

Really, just for getting out of Torment 6, you can use any of the 6 piece class sets. I put on a 6 piece Roland's set just to test Phalanx breakpoints and with just those very unoptimized pieces and a Golden Flense http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/golden-flense I was able to mow down T7 just by holding down Sweep Attack. If you put some effort into enchanting gear and stuff you could do T10 pretty easy with it.

06/07/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Cheese
1. Do not use abbreviations. I don't understand half of the slang used for this game.
2. Please give a basic passive and skill set guide to use this build most effectively.
3. Give a detailed list of the Legendary or Set items I'll need for the build.
4. List the primary and secondary attributes recommended for the build on each item.
5. Please give any additional tactics or information on the build that can prove helpful.

I see where you're coming from, but you're probably not going to get people copy pasting their favorite build into your thread. If you want detailed guides you're better off just googling for them.
Hello from EU Servers :)

i ll try help you out. TX is pretty easy for a Sader. There re many diffrent Builds you can play on TX, most work around a Set-Bonus with a Legendary Weapon and Shield Effect that fits. Pretty simple.

06/07/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Cheese
but my Crusader, along with the rest of my characters, are either too squishy to take the damage, or don't deal enough damage in general.

If you play with the Arkhans Set, you should get about 55% Reduced Cooldown, At this point you can keep Akarats Champion up all the time. Gives you a huge Defensive of extra 150% Armor and a "Death cheat" cause it heals once to full life if you would die - every 20 Sec is pretty Strong. Ah, yeah - change to Prophet Rune.

This should never happen on a Crussader, you have plenty of Defensive Skills to fix your squishyness. If your Gear better you can just switch it back. For example the Law of Justice, with a 2. Rune for extra 7k Armor.

As Crusader, some builds need higher defensive cause skill range changes from melee to midrange. But i like mostly to be in the middle of all.

06/07/2016 08:23 PMPosted by Cheese
Luckily for me, I do have a complete, albeit crude Blessed Shield/Akkhan build ready to be put together on my Crusader, as well as a ready-to-go Shotgun build with an Ancient Fate of the Fell.

As other players said before, Blessed Shield works better with the Ring Set LoN - cause it has endless Wrath with that weapon and a good Range.
With Arkhan Set you should go for the Shotgun, but "Shotgun" is pretty outdated i guess - there are few new Legendary Effects for the Laser. Would use it with a cooldown Rune today and maybe Condemn shield to pull all enemys together.

By the way - you heard of the Kanai`s Cube? (In Adventure Mode) Maybe Zoltun Kool can tell you about its worth a clear the Sanktum found in Act3 Ruins of Sacheron. Maybe another 3 Legendary Effects gives you the Power you need. Hope you hamstered crafting materials.
just equipping yourself with a lot of thorns alone will dominate T6 and below, regardless of your overall build.

slap a topaz in your weapon, slap boyarsky's chip in one of your rings/amulet and level up that gem as best you can, those two alone plus iron madden passive will get you over 100k easy.

and if you have (as suggested above) the LoN ring set, with many ancient pieces on, thorns alone will dominate even T10, any class or build, thorns will help you find the gear you are after in T10 and below. the higher you can play, the faster you will find gear for the build you really want to play.

if you are not doing over a billion damage with a single attack, you should really look into thorns, it can get you there.
Full on thorns build is what I have found easiest with crusader, Invoker Set, Sanguinary Vambraces, Belt of the Trove, Hack, Tovoya's Spiker, Aquila Cuirass, Heart of Iron, and Justice Lantern being the most important pieces You will also need Ring of Royal Grandeur to be able to use all of those. I use all pieces of invoker expect bracers, and have sanguinary vambraces and aquila cuirass on, with ring of royal grandeur and heart of iron in the cube (those two chests are completely up to whichever you have better one you wear and put other in the cube). I can currently easily do Grift 55 despite having rather low level legendary gems and very few ancient items. The skills I am using are Punish with the attack speed rune, the resist law with the increased armor rune (though I am thinking about switching that to the attack speed law since my damage is starting to not be enough at grift 60), iron skin with the reflective skin rune, steed charge with the increased duration rune, provoke with the life on hit rune, and bombardment with the barrel of spikes rune. The stats your looking for are thorns damage, cooldown reduction, and increased attack speed as highest priorities, along with strength and vitality.
It doesn't take a lot of effort - but it does take some and some reading:

http://www.diablofans.com/

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

My Invoker got me to Grift 71 at Paragon 710, I see people in the Grift 75+ range with similar Paragon levels..........each season I read, experiment, and get better. If you just follow other people's recipes you will miss out.

I passed T6 as soon as I had the Akkhan set.....

1) You might want to enable your followers if soloing

2) Complete a set (or tow) of bounties - find the Kanai's Cube and add items to it to increase your power.

With your set up and Paragon levels you should be cruising through T6. My Season 6 Crusader is a weak LON Bomber (cleared G65), my non-season Crusader is a bit of a LON Blessed Hammer - I think I ram T8's with her last time I played non-season.
I found a handy "season 6 crusader starter guide" on youtube. It basically suggested:

1) get to 70
2) craft level 70 gear, making sure to prioritize Thorns damage on as many pieces as possible. Stat priorities are: Thorns > CDR > STR etc
3) choose thorns-related skills (and their runes). Try this:
- punish/celerity
- steed charge / spiked barding
- provoke/hit me OR consecration/bed of nails
- iron skin/reflective skin
- akarats champion/rally or prophet
- bombardment/barrels of spikes
- passives: fervor, finery, iron maiden, lord commander
4) Complete the season quests to get your free full 6 piece set of akkan
5) find a Hack and put a topaz in it
5) spam all your abilities to easily faceroll through T6 and higher as you upgrade gear

The above puts you in a pretty good place to start farming for your chosen build. In two days my crusader was in T8.