Starfire

Wizard
new affix (our only new affix btw)
Lightning damage done is increased by 15% for every 10 yards you are from the target

lol
RIP season 7.
might be possible to do something cool with it if FOD did all primaries. have a wiz generator for season 6?
can be used with 5 TR + 2 Vyr + chantodo, to up the chantodo's waves damage.
15% at melee, 30% at average, 45% at long distance.
or about 30% build's dps up, at average.
Furnace is much better.
06/16/2016 05:46 PMPosted by wage
Furnace is much better.

+1
Just use the lightning gloves...

What are they called again?

Magefist, no that's not right...frostburn isn't right either.

Hmm, the name for the Lightning gloves escapes me.
06/16/2016 07:49 PMPosted by HosiosLoukas
Just use the lightning gloves...

What are they called again?

Magefist, no that's not right...frostburn isn't right either.

Hmm, the name for the Lightning gloves escapes me.

I always forget the name of the arcane gloves too. What are those ones called again?
Heres one I found on PTR. It would be better in the cube or go great with something Malachi can come up with. http://i.imgur.com/TNLS7O0.jpg
I'm thinking in the lines of Thundercrash Tal Rasha with F+R, Shame of Delsere and Arcane Dynamo. Fire Electrocute should stack AD in no time and generate a ton of AP in the process. Since ranged, it's kind of tempting to try using Halo of Karini, but you know... I'd still need something else for defense and I'll probably be better with ABB, Enduring Skin, GW and Deflection. Which leaves no place for Storm Armor on the bar.
GR 85 clear nice and fast, but using Tals/ Vyr4pc. could be weapon, could be op archon
06/16/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Vox
06/16/2016 05:46 PMPosted by wage
Furnace is much better.

+1

You guys do realize it doesn't have a 50 yard cap like Zei's right? That's massive damage increase at a screen edge (90/100 yards? ~135 to 150% damage increase?) not including it would be all mobs not just elites. Plus Zei's is multiplicative with it as well.

But hey I'm good with everyone saying it sucks, just means it has a chance to get buffed more :)

06/17/2016 06:13 AMPosted by Feanor
I'm thinking in the lines of Thundercrash Tal Rasha with F+R, Shame of Delsere and Arcane Dynamo. Fire Electrocute should stack AD in no time and generate a ton of AP in the process. Since ranged, it's kind of tempting to try using Halo of Karini, but you know... I'd still need something else for defense and I'll probably be better with ABB, Enduring Skin, GW and Deflection. Which leaves no place for Storm Armor on the bar.

Yep Thundercrash Tal Rasha first thing that comes to mind, however I'm not so sure about SoD and AD..I think that's redundant. Since Tal Rasha has 7 pieces we could go Grand Vizier, not having to worry about attack speed, but then we could still go RoRG for the cube slot and keep SoD just not have AD so we could be free to spam Thundercrash with impunity.

Instead of Fire Electrocute maybe we could do Mammoth Hydras but then we'd be tempted to have TnTs which wouldn't work with Grand Vizier..hmm. Gotta run the dps numbers to see what would be more beneficial, but yah maybe Fire Electrocute would be the way to go since dropping SoD would mean a lot less Meteor spam. Nilfur's of course.

With Grand Vizier though would you even need SoD? We didn't in Season 3 when we spammed Thundercrash..that would drop RoRG requirement so you could cube Halo of Karini which would be pretty damn mandatory to survive w/o being in melee for APD/halo.

Trying to remember why we didn't need SoD back then for AP...Astral was enough? Probably Apoc which you cannot have with Grand Vizier...ugh. Thinking Vizier is just too dated to be useful for end game and takes up too much gear slot options. With TR source back you'd gain extra stats, arcane, SoD and Furnace which would probably outweigh 2H dmg and 50% RCR ? Thinking so, RCR doesn't matter if you can gain it all back in seconds of a primary spam. In which case what we already knew is Grand Vizier sucks..that's what really needs to buff!

Arcane would be Blackhole Spellsteal for even more damage/dr and control, Teleport would be Safe Passage. Cold? Snowbound sounds good for AP management and always ready plus some minor CC.
Tried it with lightening hydra. Could not tell if it had any effect what so ever.

Good look incorporating it into a set. I suppose it'll go well with halo of whatsitisname too.

You guys do realize it doesn't have a 50 yard cap like Zei's right? That's massive damage increase at a screen edge (90/100 yards? ~135 to 150% damage increase?) not including it would be all mobs not just elites. Plus Zei's is multiplicative with it as well. .
And that's the difference between us. I do not get excited by a 2.5x multiplier on a class were 7-14x multipliers from weapon/sources are the benchmark.

It might make lightening users slightly more powerful but the way wizard sets are and the lack of decent itemisation in general means this item is almost a waste of time.
port to town - multiplier approaches big number - boom.

seriously though, i tried it with DMO/ AO with the lightning rune. Ran T13 ok. Not fast or anything. Was interesting enough. I still think removing have the element restriction would be far far better.
It's got potential, but I can't really see what it's meant to be used with. It'd be nice to find while leveling to use with SD, but I'm not seeing how this could change our endgame meta.
06/17/2016 01:18 PMPosted by MasterJay
Trying to remember why we didn't need SoD back then for AP...Astral was enough?

There are lots of options for the AP management. SoD also helps to stack AD faster and I don't think a twohander is really an option. You can cube it, but then it's just RCR. We'll see.
06/17/2016 02:56 PMPosted by wage

You guys do realize it doesn't have a 50 yard cap like Zei's right? That's massive damage increase at a screen edge (90/100 yards? ~135 to 150% damage increase?) not including it would be all mobs not just elites. Plus Zei's is multiplicative with it as well. .
And that's the difference between us. I do not get excited by a 2.5x multiplier on a class were 7-14x multipliers from weapon/sources are the benchmark.

It might make lightening users slightly more powerful but the way wizard sets are and the lack of decent itemisation in general means this item is almost a waste of time.

Except that it's not just 2.5x multiplier, it's a 9x multiplier when you consider Nilfurs and that doesn't have to build up that way or get stuck on corners or anything its just spam free. You're forgetting Nilfurs which is now 3.5x and the way Twisted Sword is looking it's actually not a waste of time, it's a good burst alternative. Twisted Sword Tal's would probably still win at the highest of GR's with density and 3 zdp with the sticking mechanic, obviously..but I think this has a good chance like a DMO Obliterate build, but with more damage.

You can't just say blanket statements like weapon/source alone have up to 14x multiplier when in those skill multiplier examples that's the absolute peak multiplier before set bonus and Starfire just happens to be an item that isn't standalone and needs things like Nilfurs ect to make it good.

Again though by all means let's not settle for it being 2.5x base weapon effect multiplier. I think 25% damage per 10 yards would make it pretty high end competitive yet still not being out of line with other complimentary items.
06/18/2016 08:18 AMPosted by Feanor
06/17/2016 01:18 PMPosted by MasterJay
Trying to remember why we didn't need SoD back then for AP...Astral was enough?

There are lots of options for the AP management. SoD also helps to stack AD faster and I don't think a twohander is really an option. You can cube it, but then it's just RCR. We'll see.

Yah I don't think it's an option anyway even if it did AP sustain I think SoD thrumps it..it's too dated, needs at least 200% Meteor on it for consideration not a pathetic 30%.
Pretty much only potential is lightning hydra, which is not an AOE spell at all (assuming no hidden cap)

Followed by a bug with port to town, which someone here also mentioned (no idea if there are bugs like this with this item).

Lightning spells (aside from hydra) have short range that provides a natural cap. I just cycled through them all in town. Cap might as well be 60 yards.

There are some nice areas of synergy with this item, but i think it's just like Karini atm. Sitting on the shelf.
Tried it and wanted to like it. Still meh. No reliable way to keep enemies at distance. And you want the enemies to be ideally on the edge of the screen. Feels weird and doesn't really work.