Ancient Shard of Hate

General Discussion
Are there any builds (idc what class, I can roll something new if I need to) that uses Shard of Hate? I've had terrible luck finding that in the past and now that an ancient one has dropped, I feel the need to use it. The rolls are decent on it and I can reroll the cdr or attack speed to % damage and throw a ramaldi's on it. Idc if the build doesn't exactly push the highest grifts or anything but I want to be able to still clear grift 50 quickly and speed clear TX rifts.
I don't think there are any builds that make use of this sword since there are weapons that have better synergy with skills out there. That what happens when they update some items but not all items without taking into account balance.

You might use it in a LoN build in TX.
A lightning DelRasha Wiz can use it pretty efffectively... the lightning proc off Shard of Hate is the most AoE one, and it can be quite useful at the GR45-55 range
06/02/2016 08:27 PMPosted by CptThisGuy
Are there any builds (idc what class, I can roll something new if I need to) that uses Shard of Hate? I've had terrible luck finding that in the past and now that an ancient one has dropped, I feel the need to use it. The rolls are decent on it and I can reroll the cdr or attack speed to % damage and throw a ramaldi's on it. Idc if the build doesn't exactly push the highest grifts or anything but I want to be able to still clear grift 50 quickly and speed clear TX rifts.

No, nothing uses shard of hate. At the beginning everyone cried moaned and threw big hissy fits that whirlwind barbarians could solo torment 4 - 5 with ease with just shard of hate, so classic blizzard nerfed it to be garbage so now nobody uses it, while everyone is facerolling torment 10. The hilarious thing is even if it was returned to its former unnerfed glory, still nobody would use it.

good job blizzard. great decision
Didn't it become 'unfixed' after the patch? I remember reading somewhere, that the internal cooldown disappeared.

In fact I did try it out on my gimmick LoN Spectral Blades, and indeed, it does seem to proc regulary.

It's only ... still weak :(
Idc if the build doesn't exactly push the highest grifts or anything but I want to be able to still clear grift 50 quickly and speed clear TX rifts.

cleared GR 63 with it:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alukat-2633/hero/48377518

just equip the ancient SoH and cube fulminator (or dawn) ^^

Can anything use it efficiently . . . no; however, there are some really fun builds with it! I just got done trying it with an IK WW build. Very cool :)
Which class/build would use the LoN build w/ Shard of Hate best?
Barb-LoN cold-fire frenzy can both use it, there are better, but it works just fine for TX runs, as will about anything. With the Frenzy belt SoH procs both lightning and cold bonus on Shard.
Shard of Hate would fit nicely a Shadow's Mantle DH, as the set could use some AoE damage and the 2 piece bonus increases proc damage.