Which side do you stand on?

General Discussion
Taken from another post to illustrate a point.

06/21/2016 07:05 PMPosted by Badesumofu
And now this: Fixed an issue that was causing stacks of Archon from a previous cast due to The Swami to stack multiplicatively instead of additively with a subsequent, overlapping cast of Archon.

I don't even know how to properly express the level of stupid that these devs have reached. How could they possibly not have known that it was multiplicative in the first place? They don't have the first clue what actually makes any of our builds function as far as I can see. They just plug numbers and mechanics in and then see what happens on the PTR leaderboard. It's a joke.

I actually get the impression that they are deliberately trying to kill the game at this point.

Overall I don't think the Developers have done a very good job at all balancing the game or focusing on the issues that are most important, but consider this evaluation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Situation: The Wizard class during the last season had far to much damage output resulting in balance issues vs other classes.

Developer Proposed solution 1: Part of the issue was the twister limit was not functioning correctly. The update will properly fix this issue.

Player Proposed solution: Fix it, you suck. I have nothing to offer in suggestions and I don't even comprehend the issue I would rather not deal with it and just claim, you're so terrible.

Developer Proposed solution 2: Correcting the Twister alone would still result in several other builds being over powered. Even without exploits this is still an issue. Resolution: Change the Stacks to additive instead of multiplicative.

Player Proposed solution: Lol you suck. It's not my job. I don't have to think or offer reasonable solution, I just complain.

These fixes are "subject to change" and may not resolve the issue entirely, but there is a thought process behind them and they attempt to correct the issue. If these changes are made without some additional changes to boost these sets it probably won't be successful.

However, the I quit, you suck, won't help D3 get anywhere either. But the Developers don't listen anyway!!!

Correct, they don't listen at all.....
The players requested stash space for a LONG time .... they got it
They requested higher torments ..... they got it
They wanted the skill UI cleaned up so buffs would be visible ..... they got it
They wanted FB and Twister Fixed ... they are getting it

They make A LOT of mistakes and overall things certainly could have been much better, but don't forget the things they have done. This list is only a short example.
It's the only thing we've got that's better than everything else, over a general number of mechanics, in relation to this type of ARPG.

We're all aware that the "new" developers have taken a cursory glance at it and did things to it in the shortest amount of time possible to a very specific (and numerous) type of player.

There's a reason to this that's been posted here by several individuals, including me, to why that is.
OP
I'm baffled why you couldn't just reply to the post you quoted.

#AttentionTropy
Balance is grade school math.

There is no reason to propose suggestions when all they have to do is just solve a simple math problem.
Since the op is copying from another thread I might as well do so myself.

You could replace the dev team with a couple interns and an emperor tamerin and likely get better output.

Highlighting a few fixes that shouldn't of been problems in the first place isn't really a smart approach. And stash space? It's still inadequate. Their $#it bandaid didn't fix anything.

Most of the sets in the game are, years later, still terrible. Some need total overhauls because they are terribly designed (some even after multiple "fixes" ffs!!!!!) while some need nothing but number tweaks but even those founder patch after patch a after patch. The skills in the game are, years later, still mostly unused and garbage with almost zero chance of ever being addressed. The insane power creep is still blatantly ignored.

Face it op, this great game is held back by the folks that are supposed to be its greatest supporters and advocates.
06/22/2016 04:41 AMPosted by Akiz
OP
I'm baffled why you couldn't just reply to the post you quoted.

#AttentionTropy

Because it's not a Wizard or bug issue. It's a general customer issue. Everyone likes to complain yet there are zero posts here suggesting solutions for any of the problems.

As I suggested before Blizzard should have hired Quin or someone more capable of doing game balances specifically, but it's easy to just say balance it without having any responsibility or knowledge about the mechanics.
06/22/2016 07:17 AMPosted by adm0ni

You could replace the dev team with a couple interns and an emperor tamerin and likely get better output.

Highlighting a few fixes that shouldn't of been problems in the first place isn't really a smart approach. And stash space? It's still inadequate. Their $#it bandaid didn't fix anything.

Most of the sets in the game are, years later, still terrible. Some need total overhauls because they are terribly designed (some even after multiple "fixes" ffs!!!!!) while some need nothing but number tweaks but even those founder patch after patch a after patch. The skills in the game are, years later, still mostly unused and garbage with almost zero chance of ever being addressed. The insane power creep is still blatantly ignored.

Face it op, this great game is held back by the folks that are supposed to be its greatest supporters and advocates.

It is ironic that many of the changes in the update reverse the effects of power creep?
06/22/2016 09:52 AMPosted by vxmordor
06/22/2016 07:17 AMPosted by adm0ni

It is ironic that many of the changes in the update reverse the effects of power creep?

Diablo 2 endgame weapon damage 430 average for the best weapons in the game.
Diablo 2 actual final damage per strike for the highest damage skills with the highest damage equipment: 8 000 damage per hit

Diablo 3 endgame weapon damage: 3000 average damage for the best weapons in the game.
Diablo 3 actual final damage per strike for the highest damage skills with the highest damage equipment: 200 000 000 000
Seems like true balance will never really exist in a Diablo game - it's one of the few things Diablo 1, and 2 and 3 has in common.
06/22/2016 01:49 PMPosted by KiWeN
Seems like true balance will never really exist in a Diablo game - it's one of the few things Diablo 1, and 2 and 3 has in common.

Diablo 1 PVP:

Hey come here to the entrance ..

1 shot dead

LoL
06/22/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Frostraven
Diablo 2 endgame weapon damage 430 average for the best weapons in the game.
Diablo 2 actual final damage per strike for the highest damage skills with the highest damage equipment: 8 000 damage per hit

Diablo 3 endgame weapon damage: 3000 average damage for the best weapons in the game.
Diablo 3 actual final damage per strike for the highest damage skills with the highest damage equipment: 200 000 000 000

Result 1:
Summon Necro does a LOT. *Taken from Necro Summoner guide by D'Hoost*

Raw damage per skeleton (and you have 17)- 830-834.
Using a mercenary with level 20 might- 230%
Perfect pride weapon gives level 20 concentration- 345%
Total bonus? 575%, which means you get another 4700 damage.
Total damage? 5500. Add on amplify damage, and that's 10,000 PER SKELETON, and
you have 17!

If you plugged fanatacism in as well, you'd have 670% extra damage, which
means you get an additional 2,000 damage per skeleton. >_> at 10,000 damage
per skeleton, added with corpse explosion, do you see why it's beating a
dead horse? I mean, come on! 170,000 damage per swing is QUITE enough, I think.

Result 2:
lightning sorc was either 300k or 600k I can't quite remember. It may have been as low as 140k
Basically you max out lightning mastery and go double dream with a zeal sword. very fun very destructive. can't remember what else I did with it, it was so long ago.

Result 3:
93k now (without skill shrine). The reason is, I was able to obtain 3 moar light GCs. Now I only need a +3 chant fire ormus, and a +6 chant orb (+3 fire, +3 chant). That will add 4 additional enchant points. The orb will be 2 socketed and I can add 2 fire facets. Ormus will also be socketed with a fire facet. Then I will also add 2 fire facets to my volcanic (+3 fire) circlet. Then, I will remove the current fire facet from my Escutch and replace with a light facet. This should give me well over 100k damage, especially with skill shrine and a barb's BattleCommands.

It's been a long time since I played, but some quick results as per max damage in Diablo 2 don't seem on par with your 8k.
Just play the Firbird Bug and Shut up. everyone else is..
06/22/2016 03:29 PMPosted by XxTaiPanxX
Just play the Firbird Bug and Shut up. everyone else is

Not everyone is.....some of us are better then that.
06/22/2016 03:07 AMPosted by vxmordor
Situation: The Wizard class during the last season had far to much damage output resulting in balance issues vs other classes.

Developer Proposed solution 1: Part of the issue was the twister limit was not functioning correctly. The update will properly fix this issue.

They had a full PTR,where main point was to nerf that broken build, and they failed it. Worst, one of the balacing fix was bugged and they only noticed that after half season....

Oh, the devs havent mention so far the main problem of the build, that is the tornados sticking on walls.....

Player Proposed solution: Fix it, you suck. I have nothing to offer in suggestions and I don't even comprehend the issue I would rather not deal with it and just claim, you're so terrible.

You are so wrong, there was a lot of feedbacks about it, A LOT. High GRs players sharing its experiences on how the build broke the game, but the blizz devs didnt listen... Maybe they think the twister playstile ( fight on walls) is fun !

The players requested stash space for a LONG time .... they got it

No we didnt got it. Do you know one stash tab is not enough to free 1 mule ?

They wanted the skill UI cleaned up so buffs would be visible ..... they got it

D3 UI is a long way to be a good one. A indie dev made a lot better UI, but it is not supported by Blizz, so it can cause bans.

They wanted FB and Twister Fixed ... they are getting it

After last PTR fiasco, we cant be certain on that anymore.... We wanted that seasons ago...

Dont take me wrong, i love d3, but the devs are destroying the game patch after patch....
There are constructive posts about Vyr's in the Wizard Forums. It goes into detail about the problems with Vyr's changes and suggests ways to improve it. It's a lot more productive than the you suck threads.

D3's UI is one of the best there is. Especially if you compare it the UI's from all the MMO's over the past 10 years.

Changing the augments is simple, adding removing/combining gems. Even the cube which is a fairly complex menu that does a LOT of things is very easy to understand.

The skill menu / usage and timers are fine too.
Horde for life!
All the changes where in response to things posted on the forums. It's actually eerie how much that's true.

There where recent posts about the multiplicative stacks, FB bugs,more torrents, even down to skipping orbs to gain more exp from a GR
06/22/2016 04:34 PMPosted by vxmordor
D3's UI is one of the best there is. Especially if you compare it the UI's from all the MMO's over the past 10 years.

One of the best there is? Hardly. How can an UI you can't manipulate be one of the best there is?

Also, this is not an MMO. Four players to a game is not massively multiplayer by any definition of the term.

You can't move the UI elements around. You can't resize the map. You can't decided which individual boxes to have open or closed. You can't prevent a gigantic pop up in the middle of your screen when a Boss fight starts.

I'll compare it to a game that came out 20 years ago that makes the functionality of D3's UI look like something a monkey threw at tourist at a zoo.

Ultima Online, which was released in 1996, allowed you to move every window, resize it and place unlimited about of boxes on the screen and anywhere you wanted them.
06/22/2016 04:34 PMPosted by vxmordor

That statement is downright laughable. It shows you have never played a game with a really good (and maybe customize-able) UI. Now you just come off as a fanboi. It undermines anything else you have to say.
Wizard is the DPS Class. its lore of the class to do massiv dmg in a huge area with elements like fire, ice or lightning.

Problem is, Greater Rifts is about who does most damage in a small time to beat this crazy huge HP bars down.
Reflect Damage affix should be feared like the pink lasers of death. Should change the Visualeffect, may make it Pink spikes, so players can see it good in the middle of a million monsters, than bring back its old glory of killing glass cannons in a second. Only change Duration and Cooldown after.

Want see the Firebirds "burn to death" effect kill Wizards if Elite reflects dmg.