The people demand... pvp

General Discussion
Add some stupid achievements so that people actually want to get obliterated in pvp. Stash tab for fighting? I bet people would do it. Also, who gives a !@#$ if its balanced... it would be pvp and it would be diablo. You guys are killing me (not just my toons).
I want hardcore PvP. If someone gets killed, they lose that character forever.
Even presented with the widest view, you still have to squint on a bright and sunshiny day.
nice enthusiasm... but let's take baby steps. cant go from puppies and kittens to gremlins and snookies that fast.
While PvP would be a nice addition, this game is more
about unicorns and bright pony levels.
I honestly couldn't care less about PvP. This isn't the type of game I want to PvP in, and I'd much rather have the focus on adding content to current PvE endgame that everyone wants rather than a PvP system that only a small portion of the player base wants.
06/22/2016 10:26 AMPosted by Savage
I honestly couldn't care less about PvP. This isn't the type of game I want to PvP in, and I'd much rather have the focus on adding content to current PvE endgame that everyone wants rather than a PvP system that only a small portion of the player base wants.

You know what they say about assuming...
there already is pvp
The only PvP that would matter is it being hardcore ONLY! You don't want to split the playerbase too much!

In other stories ... F### PvP!
Bob for BOBS!!
06/22/2016 10:32 AMPosted by hucka
there already is pvp

zzz... yeah it exists in the game and no one creates game modes for brawling. it exists but no one plays it. as far as humans go not using it means it might as well not exist anyway. which brings me to the point: the people demand pvp.
Not sure if you noticed, but the D3 development team has mostly transferred onto other projects or left Blizzard. We've been in "maintenance mode" for months now, with more of the same planned for next season.

Considering it is taking them multiple seasons to address major bugs in the existing game, I think the outlook for any major new additions to the game at this point is pretty grim.
no, PVP is useless !
If you want PVP go play another game !
06/22/2016 10:35 AMPosted by silentbob
it exists but no one plays it.

06/22/2016 10:35 AMPosted by silentbob
the people demand pvp.

So, the PvP that exists is something no one uses, that's really a great incentive for the company to spend resources expanding on it.

Oh wait..
Do they still "demand" it after all this time? Poster above me sums it up best.
How would pvp actually work? Right now the average health a player has is about 1mil. The dps hits are in the billions. It would come down to who hit who 1st and who pops the immunity cd the fastest.

To get pvp to work in this game would require allot of balance tweaks between power vs monsters and power vs players from the dev team.
they cant add pvp, the powercreep and buff skill of the day makes it impossible to add it in any sensible form.
They took that route, its done. The people want powercreep, let it go.
06/22/2016 10:33 AMPosted by Shanso
You don't want to split the playerbase too much!

This is a strange one coming from a guy who:

06/16/2016 05:31 AMPosted by Shanso
I play only solo

06/22/2016 11:02 AMPosted by Kargon
So, the PvP that exists is something no one uses

The PvP that exists is not the one that was supposed to be, and that one is currently HoTS.
The problem with HoTS is that you are forced to play in a team, there is no free for all and the likes of it.

The only truth here about PvP is this:

06/22/2016 12:16 PMPosted by vroom
they cant add pvp, the powercreep and buff skill of the day makes it impossible to add it in any sensible form.

If only they would open a private server for D3 vanilla (as in those with RoS can play vanilla without bying a new game) and put this PvP in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk
I demand no PVP, dont waste money to develop a game mode for a game that was never designed to be PVP in the first place. Spend the money on improving the current gameplay and let the PVP people find something else to do elsewhere if need be. Dont try to ruin a game just because you want an irrelevant feature that barely anyone wants.
06/22/2016 12:35 PMPosted by igor10
If only they would open a private server for D3 vanilla (as in those with RoS can play vanilla without bying a new game) and put this PvP in it

That got scrapped way before release.

The PvP that exists is not the one that was supposed to be

No, no PvP was supposed to be as it was scrapped way before release.