Diablo 4 or expansion?

Wizard
Will we as a class exist in D4?

Will we have CM?

Or you think we'll have expansion again, and some new class?

Yeh, random questions again. :)
D4, and Wizards will become another class. Like Mage, for example. :)
Probably an expansion or D4 with Witch as a the magic user.
I dont think they will call it Diablo 4 though. More likely Return of Diablo or Diablo Ascension or something horrible title like that ;)
D4 Return of the necromancer. Yep i went there. I have this friend that is a janitor at Blizzard and gave me all the facts. ( i think he said blizzard) :P
D4: Rise of Squirt
D4, guaranteed. D3's engine is old, and they need to start fresh.
D4 will be the next release.

I always thought that it was odd of them to release all those new zones in A5/A3 along with the cube randomly at the start of one of their seasons. Someone had mentioned to me that it might be the remains of an expansion that they never wanted to complete, which makes sense. I personally believe that the cube and everything that came with it were meant for an additional Xpac that was cancelled.

As for D4, it will likely be a mage.

I personally hope they keep the same combat style (I understand the love people had for D2 and now PoE but that sluggish, slow crawl just isn't for me).

And they need to bring back trade. People can banter and bicker all they want about how they didn't like trade or the AH, but trade is what keeps a game alive for decades. Trade is what makes reseting seasons exciting because it refreshes the economy and makes the hunt for that mega rare item exciting again. Trade is what develops a community outside of your 3 friends in the party. Trade keeps discussions lively and people involved when they log off the game.

A game without trade ends up with what D3 is now. Eventually the power creep of gear and the availability of items (They drop far more often to ensure that people can gear their characters by themselves without needing trade) makes the end game come up way too quickly. I drive 5 hours to my buddy's house for every seasonal reset and spend the weekend there and typically it takes 48 hours (From Friday at 8pm when Season resets to Sunday night when I get ready to leave) for me to be at the point where there is nothing left to do but grind GR90 to augment gems. That's boring

As someone who played from day 1 vanilla I could see a devistatingly noticable difference in the community from the moment trade was removed. It was like walking from a bustling market square into a corn field. The community quieted down and slowly vanished.
I rather have an expansion. Else I'm doing seasons for extra tabs all for nothing :P
There better be a auction house in diablo 4. I love selling items i find for real monies. I bought a ferrari with my last earnings
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> ????

I'm guessing 2024 lol
06/27/2016 05:28 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> ????

I'm guessing 2024 lol

What if it's exponential?!?

Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> 2144

Need more data points to extrapolate. If we include Diablo 1, we might be able to get a better idea of the trend in the series.

Diablo 1 -> 1996
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> 2048?

Hmmm. Still #NeedsMoreData
06/27/2016 08:08 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> ????

I'm guessing 2024 lol

What if it's exponential?!?

Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> 2144

Need more data points to extrapolate. If we include Diablo 1, we might be able to get a better idea of the trend in the series.

Diablo 1 -> 1996
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> 2048?

Hmmm. Still #NeedsMoreData

If they announce it in November, at Blizzcon, I would expect it about 2 years later. So...2018? Perhaps.
I'm not even going to guess when it would come out, but at this point, it's safe to say Diablo 4 would be in the works opposed to an expansion. But who knows! I'm just waiting, as usual.
Maybe both :)
Diablo 2 -> 2000
Diablo 3 -> 2012
Diablo 4 -> ????

I'm guessing 2024 lol

I'd guess winter 2017/spring 2018.

Need to remember that D3 was basically entirely scrapped late into its production and rebuilt.
Trade was never the issue with the AH. The problem was being forced to use it because good drops were absurdly rare and usually what dropped was crap beneath your level (pre-start loot).
Diablo 4 without a doubt.

The game mechanics of D3 are so far of track it would constitute no less then a complete redesign to make it actually work again and in that case I rather to put their effor in a new Diablo game and trying to resusitate this dying one.
@Ebonbolt, what usually happened was I would get a great drop but not for my Wiz. I could start another class or "trade" it to gear up my Wizard.

But the super rarity of good drops really made it exciting when I did get a good one. I remember the first Legendary Staff for my wizard and what a game changer that was for me. Of course the original formula of Normal -> Nightmare -> Hard (can't remember name) was actually pretty fun. It took our group a couple of months to beat Diablo on the hardest level. It really felt like an accomplishment at the time. :)

As for next up I would hope for an new game at this point. Looking forward to new challenges.
@Theoldred29 I believe that was Inferno. I share the same sentiment that at least the old design had something to work towards (Diablo on the hardest difficulty) which back then actually felt hard.

The new design is just an endless grind. It HAS it's benefits but I also feel the lack of motivation (or something to work towards). I guess season journey helps with that a bit.