What is a good Vitality number?

Monk
Hi all, I am P645 and have been sacrificing vitality for some powerful skills.
I did a GR66 last night and finished in 10 min.
I am wondering how much Vitality is a good number.
I am sitting at about 426k and was wondering where others run at.
I do Bell monk, should I even worry about Vitality?
CHC 40%
CD 440%
CDR 40%
AD 108%

Thanks,
You generally want to have at least 600k HP (enough to keep you from being 1 shot). Beyond this you should focus on Recovery (life regen, LoH, Life on Kill and HP restore skills, i.e. BoH, if it suits your build). Generator builds may want to pick up higher vit in place of LoH/regen due to Simplicity's Strength, which recovers a % of HP per hit, which means vit provides dual benefit in these builds.
Generally, for range build (aka. WoL) you need 600k-800k HP.
For Inna gen monk, you need 1M-1.3M HP.
Others I'm not using currently so I cannot comment of them.
Previous answers have been for your total life. For any build I would recommend 5-6k vitality unless it is a speed build utilizing boon of the hoarder and goldwrap. 4k can work but that is on the low end for pushing the limits of a greater rift and you will find yourself being one shot by a lot of melee enemies and some elite powers like arcane, frozen pulse, and thunderstorm.

Getting new bracers and shoulders that have vitality on them would help you a lot. For the time being, it may be a good idea to put vitality on one of your weapons if survival is an issue.
As a data point for your estimation, I can farm GR70 and clear GR75 with 4K vitality (478k HP). http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wizdro-1873/hero/76865019
Thanks for the replies!
I do not worry about dying now, its as I get closer to 70 that I worry.
I am at 66 and just dropped a ton of Vitality for AD and man, what a difference!
I guess I'll keep it here and add it when I need it, I seem to be doing just fine now.

And Wizdro, thanks for sharing, you make 75 feel possible!

Back to the grind...
06/24/2016 12:59 PMPosted by theNix
And Wizdro, thanks for sharing, you make 75 feel possible!
Glad I can help. Couple of pointers: (1) drop Bane of the Powerful for Bane of the Stricken. The buildup on damage over time is way more powerful, not to mention single target (read: boss) damage is SWK's worst matchup. (2) It's way easier to push with SWK at first wielding a Torch instead of DWing Kyoshiros. I'm basically doing 2x your damage because of efficient use of AS mechanics and higher base damage. It's GR80+ that you start to need Crystal Fist for toughness and thus need to DW. In-Geom is really for farming TX rifts, not pushing.
06/24/2016 01:55 PMPosted by wizdro
Glad I can help. Couple of pointers: (1) drop Bane of the Powerful for Bane of the Stricken. The buildup on damage over time is way more powerful, not to mention single target (read: boss) damage is SWK's worst matchup. (2) It's way easier to push with SWK at first wielding a Torch instead of DWing Kyoshiros. I'm basically doing 2x your damage because of efficient use of AS mechanics and higher base damage. It's GR80+ that you start to need Crystal Fist for toughness and thus need to DW. In-Geom is really for farming TX rifts, not pushing.

Ugh, I have been looking for a new torch ever since I cubed my first one. I was following the one punch monk build concept when I was running TX stuff, now that I'm trying to push GR's a little bit, I keep finding suggestions to wield the torch instead... of course, now I don't have one!

Been upgrading rares and for whatever reason, RNG gods really like to give me The Paddle repeatedly... so many Paddles, some ancients too. Ridiculous.

Hopefully tonight's the night I get my torch...

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm apparently right on a similar path of progression as theNix so I get to just keep following the threads they start. :)