I love Diablo but I just cantplay the game much anymore

General Discussion
Hello

I might try S7 but my play time has seriously gone from 8 hours a day to maybe 8 hours every few weeks or so.

I was on twitch earlier and see d2 is more popular than buried d3.

I will never turn my back on the series but I'm anxiously waiting for new content or d4

I hope in d4 they go back to the origins of the franchise. Not this WOW/Diablo hybrid.
That seems to be a lot of people's hope nowadays.

But prepare to be downvoted by everyone that loves this new Diablo Arcade Edition.
Just finding the same thing myself; having spent pretty much 100% of what " game time " I get on D3 this year, and mostly enjoying it, the other week I jumped into some other games for a change, and to see what was new. Having spent just 5-6 days away, I jumped back in and did one GR. One. Exited and played something else. I just found myself completely unmotivated to keep grinding exp for paragon, for the first time it just seemed monotonous and pointless. Now when I sit down in front of the PC I have the intention to play D3, but when it comes to selecting a game I somehow always click on something else. I've been a big fan of this game and probably put at least as much time into it as any other game I've ever played, and it feels strange that I haven't just 'drifted away' from it like I have from others, I've just gone complete cold turkey on it. Maybe all this time it really has been as hollow and shallow as others have been saying, and I was just too invested to realise it. Or maybe I just need more time away?

Maybe I'll get back in when season 7 starts, but it doesn't seem like there will be much in the way of new content to try out, more like same old, same old - particularly for the 'meta'. It's probably going to take more than a patch - more than this patch anyway - to get me started again.
This game is at the mercy of it developers. The only thing season 7 offers, is season journey and stash space. So expect a few days and then wait for 3 months.
07/10/2016 01:55 PMPosted by spacecadet13
Just finding the same thing myself; having spent pretty much 100% of what " game time " I get on D3 this year, and mostly enjoying it, the other week I jumped into some other games for a change, and to see what was new. Having spent just 5-6 days away, I jumped back in and did one GR. One. Exited and played something else. I just found myself completely unmotivated to keep grinding exp for paragon, for the first time it just seemed monotonous and pointless. Now when I sit down in front of the PC I have the intention to play D3, but when it comes to selecting a game I somehow always click on something else. I've been a big fan of this game and probably put at least as much time into it as any other game I've ever played, and it feels strange that I haven't just 'drifted away' from it like I have from others, I've just gone complete cold turkey on it. Maybe all this time it really has been as hollow and shallow as others have been saying, and I was just too invested to realise it. Or maybe I just need more time away?

Maybe I'll get back in when season 7 starts, but it doesn't seem like there will be much in the way of new content to try out, more like same old, same old - particularly for the 'meta'. It's probably going to take more than a patch - more than this patch anyway - to get me started again.

^^ this... So much this.
I came back after being gone and not playing Diablo since season 1. Having that much time away from the game, and seeing some new content, it brought me back because it felt kind of fresh again. Well, after one season and seeing the next patch and what it has to offer (or not offer), i'll probably be putting down the game again. I will see if I ever pick it back up. There is just no fun in it anymore unless some changes are made or something else new is introduced.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what content they release. Unless you find yourself enjoying the game you won't play it for long. I used to put hours upon hours in Diablo. Non stop played multiple classes. These days I only play very casual. I don't I used gr. I play a class I want to play with a build I enjoy. Once I'm bored I love along to something else. Like counter strike. I enjoyed counter strike since 2002. When I hit a wall of frustration in cs I play overwatch. Once I'm tired of overwatch I play Diablo hc. And repeat everything all over again.

Its simply if you're not having fun don't force it upon yourself to play the game. Take a break.
When you say "I played ~8 hours a day for months, then I got bored..." that seems pretty normal.

If you spent 8 hours a day helicopter skiing with supermodels, after several months, you'd get bored.
At $80 for both the game and the expansion, having played thousands of hours, I think you got your money's worth...
07/10/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Imperium
8 hours a day

there is your problem... why do people have this mentality of "i'll play this game the whole day for the rest of my life"?

the problem is not in the game, the problem is that you played it too much and now the game has nothing compeling to offer you.

imagine watching deadpool five times a day.... how long will it take for you to get completely sick of it? doesn't mean there is a problem with the movie.
07/10/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Imperium
I might try S7 but my play time has seriously gone from 8 hours a day to maybe 8 hours every few weeks or so.

hehe, back in the D3V days, i always played it several hours a week, ever since they changed the game to RoS i often forget that this game even exists....
07/11/2016 06:04 AMPosted by Bianchi4Me
When you say "I played ~8 hours a day for months, then I got bored..." that seems pretty normal.

If you spent 8 hours a day helicopter skiing with supermodels, after several months, you'd get bored.

you would ski with them?

Wow :)
Sadly I have to agree with this. I have been playing since the game started in 2012. I may have reached burnout after 4 years, but I will probably play a bit each season, just so that I have participated in each a bit.

Been spending more days logged out than playing lately. I can't even bring myself to earn a stash tab this season. Set dungeons are just too annoying to bother with, I hate those so much I just rather not have one. I figure if I play long enough to blaze clear TX (soon to be T13) and level Leg gems over 60, that's good enough for me. haha

This account of course is another story!

07/12/2016 08:25 AMPosted by VPenguin
07/11/2016 06:04 AMPosted by Bianchi4Me

you would ski with them?

Wow :)

Yeah, that's kinda a Doh! moment.
I'm done. Couldn't even do last season, was bored before it even started. This game is dead to me. Please make Diablo 4, and please make it a real Diablo game. We've waited too long for a real Diablo game...
Guarantee you, if you spent more than one hour with the average, vapid, vain, IQ of a shoelace supermodel doing anything other than the "obvious" with her, you would want to gouge your ears out with a spoon. You wouldn't need several days to accomplish this...
I play 16 hr a day for 3 yrs but it got me i guess I got bored of the game.

but man did I have fun playing it most of the time i did play solo.

not that I did not like playing in teams i love it but just can't do it with my 3m internet lagging like crazy but ya it can get to us all in the end i guess. hoping to see something new soon.
I quit ages ago. I pop up to check what's new but I really don't enjoy the way this game was designed and bandaid content such as paragon levels and ancient items is just not appealing. I am really hoping Diablo 4 will be awesome.
i played for like 3-4 days this league and even with stash tab right there and guardian like 5-10 hours away i can't even bring myself to care

insert fart noises
please don't tetra, please don't even xD
07/12/2016 11:07 PMPosted by Silentstar
I quit ages ago. I pop up to check what's new but I really don't enjoy the way this game was designed and bandaid content such as paragon levels and ancient items is just not appealing. I am really hoping Diablo 4 will be awesome.

I quit a long time ago too. All my friends tried to convince me that RoS was going to "save the game" but I just didn't see it. And now none of them play the game and they pretty much all regret spending the extra money on RoS.

I want more out of Diablo than just combat, I personally want a big game to explore, and an awesome leveling system that provides lots of rewards for people that work at it. I thought that D3 was going to expand on everything that D2 did and make it bigger and better. Kind of like how D2 expanded on D1 and made the game bigger and better.

I was hoping for a massive world to run around in with tons of caves and crypts to explore. But now I feel like this game is even smaller than D1 because GRift offers the best rewards so there isn't really any reason to go into the game world and do anything there.

I was hoping they would fix the leveling system in D3, but paragon leveling just doesn't cut it. If they do make a D4 I hope they take the character building aspect of the game seriously and don't try to make another vapid leveling experience where ultimately all you do is farm mainstat or the same sets that everyone else is wearing.