Halo of Arlyse - how the hell to get

Wizard
How did you guys get this ring? 5 weeks (only weekends though) of playing, mostly solo, and not a single halo or arlyse drop yet.

Haven't seen a single furnace either this season.

Having a horrible season.

Any ideas?

I do play pubs for group - bounties and rift keys but not GRs.
1. Use the cube to reforge rare rings to legendaries.
2. Spend all your shards on rings.
3. Farm farm farm.

You are waiting for a rare ring to drop, while reforging and shards should give you a much bigger chance to get it. Especially reforging. You're wasting time by only trying to get it by farming.
07/03/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Motions
3. Farm farm farm.

This and for #3 I'd say do some GR at the level you are comfortable with (ideally max. 7-8 min per run) coz u can stack shards faster than in normal rift hence gamble more to get your "precious" ! ; )
07/03/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Motions
3. Farm farm farm.

Was doing 2 & 3.

Completely forgot about Point 1. Thanks for your reply.
07/04/2016 12:08 AMPosted by Gelador
This and for #3 I'd say do some GR at the level you are comfortable with (ideally max. 7-8 min per run) coz u can stack shards faster than in normal rift hence gamble more to get your "precious" ! ; )

I am able to do GR65 in 4-6 minutes. So that I will continue. Even 70+ is doable but I lose about 2-3 minutes in dying and rebirths - rofl.

It doesn't matter if I do the firebug build or the chantodo's archon build. Situation is same for me. I guess HoA is the one that will help me go higher for now + getting AR in the slots where I don't have currently. Until then using Unity as a crutch.
Yaaa that damn Halo Ring or ring of hold me back 30 GR's lol, fun stuff when that's your last item so you're spending 50 shards a pop and reforging rare rings. I feel your pain, but yah point #1 in post #2 is very important...although luck have it I finally just found it after reforging 35 rare rings...Thirty five! You don't realize how many useless legendary rings there are till you're missing your Halo for archon lol.

And this is what we had to do before Kanai's Cube, with less drop rate too...we're so spoiled these days *shakes cane furiously*
07/04/2016 12:36 AMPosted by MasterJay
we're so spoiled these days *shakes cane furiously*

:)
None of you gives the correct solution.. What has happened to this forum? Get off my lawn!

OP. You can craft rare rings at the jeweler for only 2 gems. Far cheaper and easier than spending blood shards.
07/04/2016 05:22 AMPosted by Gbrav13
OP. You can craft rare rings at the jeweler for only 2 gems. Far cheaper and easier than spending blood shards.

@Gbrav how are you bro? I think I've seen you on the forums for a very long time - at least 2 years or more unless I am mistaken.

That is an awesome idea. Let's see if I can crack that HoA soon. I am assuming I need to craft Sovereign Ring (lvl 70 duh!).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/#type=ring
Gbrav has been participating in this forum this year, a lot. :)

By the way, I'm having the same problem with the other Halo, the Karini one.

Over 5k shards, over 1k DBs and nothing so far. Since I'm searching it to complete my cube collection, I'm not willing to spend more resources, but I know your feeling.

Good luck, bro. :)
07/04/2016 05:33 AMPosted by Anwin
07/04/2016 05:22 AMPosted by Gbrav13

@Gbrav how are you bro? I think I've seen you on the forums for a very long time - at least 2 years or more unless I am mistaken.

That is an awesome idea. Let's see if I can crack that HoA soon. I am assuming I need to craft Sovereign Ring (lvl 70 duh!).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/#type=ring

Ive been around since Vanilla. Only started posting when RoS hit, and joined Fray 8 months or so ago? Not quite sure. It was back during the SC monk days. I ran a heal monk and ran a few score rifts with Henry and a bunch of fray guys I met in a random pub. Which explains how a wiz main ended up in Fray. lol.

Im good, how about you? Good to see not everyone is quitting.

And yeah, that is the way to go. It also works for amulets! A great way to get travelers pledges or set amulets for new classes/builds.

@Machado, Im at "end game" where I spend a lot more time on the forums than in game. Beats actually working at work.
I don't remember Arlyse being too difficult to find, although we all have that ONE item that finds a way to elude us. Have a friend that plays a lot lend you a ton of mats, make a bunch of rare rings, and upgrade them in the cube. You'll get it quickly. The blood shard angle is going to take a while. Seems like I don't get the legendary items that I used to from Kadala.
You can also try running a lootshare. Should be plenty of wizards this season, so just enter a rifting community or other and ask to lootshare.

For a more tinfoil approach, make a new wizard and farm on that one. I'm not saying loot tables. But honestly, sometimes it works. Also I was once told that due to the nature of coding, RNG can only be so random. So in a sense, loot tables.

For further tinfoil purposes:
slot in Ice Armor even without Halo of Arlyse. I once ran with pure DMO skills one season and my DMO drops increased significantly.

Restart game (not D3 just your personal game)

Talk to Tyrael while sitting upside down IRL.

Either way good luck OP. Took me a full month to find Tal's pants for my speed farming and I was playing around 2-3 hours a day. I got full ancient Vyr's and DMO before I got 1 Tal's pants. Couldn't even re-roll my alt Tal pieces into pants (-.-) Sometimes RNG likes to mess with you, bu
thanks a lot guys...hopefully will get the HoA and furnace soon. Looks like I have to go the same way for a furnace too...craft 2Hers and reroll in cube.

07/04/2016 06:00 AMPosted by Machado
By the way, I'm having the same problem with the other Halo, the Karini one.

I got this one and don't need it...wish we could exchange ;-)
Not to be unhelpful, but I get a damn Halo every time I buy $40 worth of gas.
07/04/2016 09:55 PMPosted by Venaliter
Not to be unhelpful, but I get a damn Halo every time I buy $40 worth of gas.

Would be even funnier/more accurate if gas was still $5.50 a gallon.
@Gbrav I can see why you are a forum warrior now :)

And since you are a clan mate I hope to hit you up if you play weekends and hopefully get a few drops ;-)
07/05/2016 06:08 AMPosted by Anwin
@Gbrav I can see why you are a forum warrior now :)

And since you are a clan mate I hope to hit you up if you play weekends and hopefully get a few drops ;-)

That is mostly when I play! I usually play solo due to having a crappy computer, but Im nearly finished putting together my new one, so when I do, Ill hit you up in game. If we had trading, Id kit you out but... :/
Anwin- the master of Barb and skorn. Find me in game and I'm happy to loot share :)
07/05/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Gbrav13
That is mostly when I play! I usually play solo due to having a crappy computer, but Im nearly finished putting together my new one, so when I do, Ill hit you up in game. If we had trading, Id kit you out but... :/

Bro that was an awesome tip man...fricking C.O.O.L.

I got all the three items i was missing within the half hour yesterday. It was f'in briliant. I am so pissed i missed this trick before.

Didn't have Arlyse
Didn't have Furnace
Didn't have Aether Walker

Until yesterday.

Today I have all 3.

Thanks dude!