What about DMO?

Wizard
I see everyone constantly go on about how amazing the bugged set up and twisters are. Do people just...not run DMO? I've been running it since I managed to get it from the Season 6 package and I'm honestly loving it. I can currently do T6-7 Grifts with relative ease and figure with a few more pieces of gear I can push up to 8 and 9. Is DMO just that much worse than the current meta that no one bothers?
DMO is my goto wiz set... you're not squishy, and you can deal some damage... I do melee wiz build (because good luck keeping them at ranged with teleport/ fast/ etc)... but yea... the damage isn't there to really compete against FB/ Archon.

With the new items in the works, it might be usable next season simply because everything else will be nerfed to the same level as DMO. Of couse, then another class will take the place of wiz in the meta (if there is one)...
You're talking about running T6-T9 rifts so you must not be playing the meta builds. Every set can run TX in less than 5 min. It's the high level (GR90+) that most people are worried about. DMO just can't compete.
I'm using DMO and it seems to be falling off around GR 55-ish. I'm sure I can get to GR60 with more ancients, better stat distribution, higher gem levels, etc.-- but I don't see getting up to GR90.
06/28/2016 02:16 PMPosted by kozikuru
I'm using DMO and it seems to be falling off around GR 55-ish. I'm sure I can get to GR60 with more ancients, better stat distribution, higher gem levels, etc.-- but I don't see getting up to GR90.

I can do 75 solo (IIRC)... it's no 5 min run, but it's doable.
06/28/2016 02:19 PMPosted by Rasalom
06/28/2016 02:16 PMPosted by kozikuru

I can do 75 solo (IIRC)... it's no 5 min run, but it's doable.

With twisters?

Good luck with that next season.
You might be looking for this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20745424346

It has the tanking of DMO, with the addition of mobility, and much higher damage.

DMO was used in the past seasons, but it's far to weak now. Even after the upcoming nerfs this build will probably beat DMO. Especially for quick GR's/Keys which DMO isn't the greatest at.
DMO was doing mid 80s last season. With high paragons and augments it's probably capable of close to 90. It's not that it's not good, it's just that archon is better.

Correction: DMO was doing mid 90s last season.
I like my Obliterate ranged DMO build, it will be even stronger next patch and do the deeps it's lacking with new Power Hungry. We'll see how Area damage plays and 'herding' mobs but I can still Ranslor pull so I'm not too worried.

DMO should have a better place next patch however it's still going to be highly Firebird dominated, especially since they just baked 60% DR into it, although you won't have that on trash which could be an issue next patch with more limited CC.

With all the wizard dps nerfs, they're not nerfing our CC while they're nerfing all support CCs so Crown of the Primus and DMO might be in much more of a demand we'll see.
Problem with DMO atm is that its slow, and for higher GR it just dont cut it.
You say you do t7, t8. Almost any TR or FB or Vyr build run t10 in 2min~.
TR+FB EB (solo/duo) can run gr 65s in 2min. FB archon (group) can do 80s in 2min, 90s in 4min.

DMO is in the kindergarten league here.
Mby next season it will be viable for high GR. But for speed, never.