I Quit Diablo 3 Because of Firebirds

Wizard
Ive been very vocal about the game, I've been around for a long time but there comes a time when you just have to move on and let the developers continue to dig their own whole to live in. I hope blizzard is watching the number of people that leave because of these continuous changes that nobody wants in the end will hurt future D4 sales alot more than they realize.

Its one thing to add content to a game, its another to continuously change it and force the community to accept these changes. Games are not supposed to be an endless BETA, i did not pay for a beta i paid for a full game. A full game doesn't have its content changed, they just add to it. I should be allowed to quit for a year and come back and find my characters exactly where i left them. The only difference is that they might be less powerful if more powerful new items were added to the game. Thats how a completed game works, what we have is an endless beta.

I wish those who are left the best and i definitely will miss the wizard community and the early era's of the class. I'm sure ill lurk the forums here and there out of habit but i deleted all my characters to prevent me from coming back. The dev's would have to reverse there ways in a future patch for this to happen.

For those who do not believe me that never seen me before here is a photo.

http://imgur.com/a/thEvA

Original Post:

2.4.2 Final Patch Notes
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20149714/patch-242-ptr-patch-notes-7-12-2016

This is my official I quit thread. I've been on vacation for a week to come back and find out that all of our feedback was completely ignored. Everyone complained about how this set is just a duplicate of tal rasha except that its weaker, and has a lot less skill/rune choices. As it is tal rasha already limited us to basically 1 rune a skill. Firebirds was our freedom set where we could use any rune with magic weapon/familiar which is now gone.

I really despise the changes to the set. They fully KILLED off the entire Fire/Rasha WOH lower end GR builds and all Channeling builds with the skill juggling requirement. Why do we even have skills that REQUIRE you to stand still just to ramp up the skill to full power when every set that we have goes entirely against this design.

I might play here and there when I'm utterly bored, but nerfing the only build/only class i play is enough to make me want to delete all my characters and delete this game from my hard drive. I've played other classes, but they are not my cup of tea. It's alot much better feeling when you ignore buffing a build its another to come into a new patch with less power than you currently have (by large margins). I've always been a wizard fan, but the direction dev's have with our class is extremely clear now; they fully intended on turning the Wizard class into D3's version of a "class clown" by making us juggle skills in every one of our sets (Tals = 4 skills, Firebirds = 3 Skills, DMO = 2 skills), and to top it off we have stupid juggling legendarys (triumvirate). This new firebird change really feels like a new punishment for the twister meta (which i hated, never played) in the same way that they punished us for years over the critical mass studder freeze build.

06/13/2016 05:42 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Here are a few questions to get you started:

Are there any complimentary Legendary items you are using with Firebird's Finery? Which ones?

Have you noticed any unusual interactions with other Legendary items or Class Sets?

How do you like the feel of the new Firebird's Finery set? Does it feel similar or different from Firebird's Finery on live?

What's the highest level Greater Rift you have completed with the new Firebird's Finery?

Why did you even bother asking these questions when you made no effort to work with community to design a better set, or at the very least fix the original bug. We gave you our feedback and told you exactly how we feel in your thread about how the set feels extremely bad when its a copycat Tal Rasha set that happens to be alot weaker. Instead of communicating with the wizard class you fully ignored all the feedback about how the 3 skill requirement was bad and you went ahead and pushed the PTR through anyways. There wasn't even 1 blue reply after your initial post. Wizards would rather have the set NOT changed and the bug fixed over the new version!

06/13/2016 05:42 PMPosted by Nevalistis
With that said, thank you to all our PTR participants. Your feedback is appreciated and continues to be integral to our design and iteration process. Happy testing!

Our time writing up answers to your questions was a complete waste of time, Similar to how you said the cosmetic items were in the game when they wern't. I really do not understand how you can ask us to help you then fail to communicate with us when we do. I guess you didnt want to listen to all the outcry's over the new 3 skill fire requirement so it was instead for you to just ignore us. Set are supposed to be diverse! Two sets that function pretty much the same way is not diverse at all.

06/24/2016 12:31 PMPosted by Wyatt Cheng
While we are ultimately responsible for the quality of Diablo III, we can't improve this game without your help.

Apparently you dont need our help at all and never did. You still went ahead with your firebird set change when the wizard class gave better alternatives and as well as mention that we'd rather have the set stay exactly how it is with the bug fixed over the new version.

If the set worked like this, then it would have been acceptable.

[quote]How Firebird's Finery Should Have Been Designed

(4) Set Bonus
Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire for 3 seconds. This effect stacks upto 3 times. If an enemy is burning after reaching 3 stacks the enemy will Ignite, dealing 3000% weapon damage per second until they die

(6) Set Bonus
Your damage is increased by 120% and damage taken reduced by 3% for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.
They should have just nerfed Archon and fixed the Firebird bug.

But I can't help but feel like this is Blizzard's revenge. They empowered us and many Wizards were too greedy playing in really screwed up ways to push the leaderboards.
07/12/2016 03:11 PMPosted by nslay

But I can't help but feel like this is Blizzard's revenge. They empowered us and many Wizards were too greedy playing in really screwed up ways to push the leaderboards.

I agree with the first point. Blaming us for their lack of vision... Yeah. They got paid to develop this game. We paid to play it

To the OP's topic, I announced my own retirement a little while back over the same issue, and the only reason the game isnt getting deleted is because the last part for my new rig comes on friday. Gotta at least try the game in groups with higher settings :)
07/12/2016 03:34 PMPosted by Gbrav13
07/12/2016 03:11 PMPosted by nslay

I agree with the first point. Blaming us for their lack of vision... Yeah. They got paid to develop this game. We paid to play it

To the OP's topic, I announced my own retirement a little while back over the same issue, and the only reason the game isnt getting deleted is because the last part for my new rig comes on friday. Gotta at least try the game in groups with higher settings :)

I agree, I'll probably still enjoy the game while i still have the chance. Once the patch rolls out thats another story. What makes things worse is that I know the instant the patch rolls out im alot weaker, not sure how much but its huge. At least at 10 grift difference and knowning that the only way to get back to where i was original is to play a skill i hate (Archon) i refuse to jump on that band wagon. I just cant play that setup, i tried to do the bug, i tried to do archon normally but the instant i transform and my teleport goes from right click to button 3 causes me to immediately loose all interest.

Ive never played anything outside of Diablo. It's been my bread and butter game; Can a fellow D3 player who enjoys this game recommend something very similar to D3 or D2? (Must be a non-blizzard game, i will not risk playing another one of there games where i will be nerfed into oblivion continuously (CM was the big nerf)
I'll be honest....I haven't played this game seriously in like 2 months.

I personally hated the twister meta. It drove me absolutely crazy. I understand the changes they've made as a result of this meta, but the overall changes they've made to the Wizard class is certainly a head scratcher.

None of the class' sets have an enjoyable playstyle in my opinion, especially after the new changes to Firebirds. Since they broke Firerasha and nerfed the Swami (effectively nerfing the Tal/Vyr Archon hybrid) even Tal Rasha is now underwhelming. Wizards on the whole have horrendous legendary itemization (Halo of Karini, Starfire, etc).

One of my biggest issues with the class is the complete reliance on Ancient Parthan Defenders and Halo of Arlyse for every set, every build, every season. It's such an obnoxious playstyle after 5 seasons and I long for the day when I can play this class at range.

And finally, with the recent change to the mechanics of sticking twisters Wizards finally go back to having absolutely no good spenders. Seriously. This is a result of the previously mentioned underwhelming itemization this class suffers from in general. Channeling sucks. Nearly all of the runes of Arcane Orb sucks. Meteor is underwhelming. Wave of Force/Blizzard completely unsupported. It's a friggin' joke.
I can only agree, Windgrace.

As a true solo player I'm quite pissed, because the changes to group play are hurting me as well. And hard, at that. OK, that's not a problem of the wizard class alone, but it adds to the picture. If only there was some way for me to get rid of the hilarious wiz sets. Just provide us a band aid to make LoN viable. I don't care what, just do it. It's so damn simple:

Wizard item X - legendary affix:
"While not wearing any class set items, your spenders deal XXX% more damage."

Or add channeling skills to DMO.

There you have it.

I'm seriously thinking about going for a different class next season - and I main a wiz since day one.
07/12/2016 03:47 PMPosted by mat82284
i tried to do archon normally but the instant i transform and my teleport goes from right click to button 3 causes me to immediately loose all interest.

regarding this issue ( sorry, I realize it's not the central theme of this thread ) I almost decided to completely reject archon for this exact reason. But, after making a decision to commit to it for a few days I have finally reprogrammed my brain to accept it and now it's not an issue at all, but it took a good 4-5 weeks of consistent play. all i'm saying is that it can be done.
07/13/2016 07:05 AMPosted by mvhrad
regarding this issue ( sorry, I realize it's not the central theme of this thread ) I almost decided to completely reject archon for this exact reason. But, after making a decision to commit to it for a few days I have finally reprogrammed my brain to accept it and now it's not an issue at all, but it took a good 4-5 weeks of consistent play. all i'm saying is that it can be done.

I went through the same process. At one point I tried remapping my keys so that 3 was 1 (my movement skill has always been on 1) and putting regular teleport on the same slot as Archon teleport, but it really messed with my head when the location of the buttons on my screen wasn't the same as it is on the keyboard, so I reverted to the default binding. But after a lot of time playing Vyr's (really, A LOT), it's second nature to me now. It's weird at first, but you get used to it.

But it's not just Firebird's. Pure Vyr's lost over 5x damage and over 10 GR levels too. The other Archons didn't get hit nearly as hard as Vyr's did by the Swami nerf. Vyr's is absolute trash compared to either FB or Tal's Archon now. Yes, both of those builds got nerfed too. But Vyr's got hit way harder (because it has more Archon/Swami stacks). Why is Vyr's 15 GR levels behind Tal's or FB Archon? That's just not right.

07/12/2016 06:22 PMPosted by Windgrace
Channeling sucks. Nearly all of the runes of Arcane Orb sucks. Meteor is underwhelming. Wave of Force/Blizzard completely unsupported. It's a friggin' joke.

Yeah. I've made this comment before, but if you completely took away twisters and Archon from our class, it would really highlight how weak we are in comparison to other classes. I doubt we'd break GR90 without Archon and twisters propping us up.
yet... people still go into the 90s in Grift....
Doesn't bother me, they change, add, alter, and nerf stuff all the time. Just roll with the punches.
07/13/2016 04:30 AMPosted by Lexa
I can only agree, Windgrace.

As a true solo player I'm quite pissed, because the changes to group play are hurting me as well. And hard, at that. OK, that's not a problem of the wizard class alone, but it adds to the picture. If only there was some way for me to get rid of the hilarious wiz sets. Just provide us a band aid to make LoN viable. I don't care what, just do it. It's so damn simple:

Wizard item X - legendary affix:
"While not wearing any class set items, your spenders deal XXX% more damage."

Or add channeling skills to DMO.

There you have it.

I'm seriously thinking about going for a different class next season - and I main a wiz since day one.

LON was a big mystery for our class. It highlighted the design flaws that our class had and how weak our skills were, but after blizzard buffed 4 out of 6 classes skills they decided to stop doing that and add the buffs to items instead causing our class to have extremely high set bonuses to compensate which made LON completely useless for us and never an option. I was originally very excited for it, but after realizing it was a set for all classes like blackthorns is i soon realized that they will nerf it into the ground for practically every class since one class will be OP with it and another will be weak with it. They really should have had individual LON sets for each class, that was especially needed for our class.

07/13/2016 07:05 AMPosted by mvhrad
07/12/2016 03:47 PMPosted by mat82284
i tried to do archon normally but the instant i transform and my teleport goes from right click to button 3 causes me to immediately loose all interest.

I understand that it can be done, its the fact that we are required to that really bothers me. My brain has already trained teleport to my right click through automaticity and its can take a long while to train your brain to do the same behavior a different way. Blizzard really should have made archon just like how Akarat's Champion and Wrath of the Berserker work, but instead they wanted us to be overly unquie and delete our skill bar. If they let us retain our 1-4 skills they wouldn't have needed a duplicate teleport/slowtime skill set. They could have even added skill mapping to allow us to keep, or remove archon skills. After playing a crusader and barbarian and how well designed there's are this really made me hate archon.
07/13/2016 09:52 AMPosted by mat82284
If they let us retain our 1-4 skills they wouldn't have needed a duplicate teleport/slowtime skill set.

On a somewhat related note... it'd be nice if the Archon skills were treated the same as our regular skills. How great would it be if the Archon EB was the same as the regular EB and benefitted from Wand of Woh? Same thing for Archon Teleport. I'd love to have Wormhole/Safe Passage/Calamity whatever while in Archon. Or if Deathwish worked for the Archon beam. I can dream, right?
07/13/2016 10:46 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
07/13/2016 09:52 AMPosted by mat82284
If they let us retain our 1-4 skills they wouldn't have needed a duplicate teleport/slowtime skill set.

On a somewhat related note... it'd be nice if the Archon skills were treated the same as our regular skills. How great would it be if the Archon EB was the same as the regular EB and benefitted from Wand of Woh? Same thing for Archon Teleport. I'd love to have Wormhole/Safe Passage/Calamity whatever while in Archon. Or if Deathwish worked for the Archon beam. I can dream, right?

That's how unfair the wizard class has been treated, we shouldn't have to dream about a feature other classes have. The same goes with sets, no other class is forced to juggle skills with there sets! That's why convection of elements was created, that should have been the incentive to juggle not force it upon the entire wizard class. This class design reminds me of the division we have in America, we should all be treated equally not treated differently! Wizards lives matter!
Tals offhand: 25% to meteor. Demon hunters DML: MS hits enemies under 60% 2X and 100% to MS.

Meteor 2h: Reduce ONLY meteor costs by 50% and up to 50% to meteor. DH: MS fires twice as fast, reduce ALL costs by 50%.

Tals Multiplier: 3000%, UE: 3440%

Meteor costs 40% of our base AP pool. And has a delay. Not to mention the vastly superior passives DH's have. Oh and they can use a 2h with an offhand.
07/13/2016 11:22 AMPosted by Gbrav13
UE: 3440%

There's another 1.6x from the 4p. So it's more like 35.4x1.6 = 56.64x multiplier. Or 5564% if you prefer.
07/13/2016 11:22 AMPosted by Gbrav13
Tals offhand: 25% to meteor. Demon hunters DML: MS hits enemies under 60% 2X and 100% to MS.

Meteor 2h: Reduce ONLY meteor costs by 50% and up to 50% to meteor. DH: MS fires twice as fast, reduce ALL costs by 50%.

Tals Multiplier: 3000%, UE: 3440%

Meteor costs 40% of our base AP pool. And has a delay. Not to mention the vastly superior passives DH's have. Oh and they can use a 2h with an offhand.

Our class has always been cheated out of fun. The dev's complicate our class on purpose as if they see us as a clown class. Its really disheartening to see continuously happen over and over again. I'm not sure if they are doing it on purpose or they don't play our class much to realize how bad this type of gameplay really feels. Our class requires bugs/gimics/or not intended mechanisms just to compete. If we were designed correctly we wouldn't need those cheats to keep up or get ahead.

When you compare our sets to other classes its truly disheartening to see side by side how clunky and bad our sets truly are. Lets compare the top sets for each class.

Wizard Sets

Tal Rasha Juggle Set

4: Set Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each increase all of your resistances by 25% for 8 seconds.

6: Set Attacks increase your damage by 750% for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.

Firebird Juggle Set, No automatic Max damage

4: Set Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, dealing 3000% weapon damage per second until they die

6: Set Your damage is increased by 120% and damage taken reduced by 3% for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.

Now lets take a look at the other ranged classes. WD/DH. Look They dont require Gimics to achieve their bonuses. A ranged requirement is far better than skill juggling. Skill juggling limits skill choices, Teleport for example is crap because were required to use calamity.

Demon Hunter (no stupid juggling requirements)

4: Set Gain 20% damage reduction and deal 20% increased damage for 4 seconds if no enemy is within 10 yards of you.

6: Set
Your generators and Multishot deal 15% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

Marauder's

4: Set Sentries now cast your Hatred spenders every time you do.

6: Set Your generators, Chakram, Cluster Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Impale, and Multishot deal 100% for every Sentry you have active.

Witch Doctor Again no stupid skill juggling requirements

Zunimassa's Marrow

4: Set You and your pets take 3% less damage for every Fetish you have alive.

6: Set Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 1500% increased damage from your pets for 8 seconds.

Hell Tooth

2: Set Enemies hit by your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, or Wall of Death are afflicted by Necrosis, becoming Slowed, taking 1500% weapon damage every second, and taking 20% increased damage from all sources for 10 seconds.

4: Set After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds.

6: Set After casting Wall of Death, gain 1400% increased damage for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.

I can literally continue on with all classes but instead of posting them ill just link them and yet again, no one else has to juggle.

No juggling (Barb)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-eternal-reign
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/cuirass-of-the-wastes
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/raekors-heart

No Juggling (Sader)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/breastplate-of-akkhan
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/heart-of-the-light
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/rolands-bearing

No Juggling (Monk)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sunwukos-sou
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-vast-expanse
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ulianas-heart

Wizards are the Class clowns of D3 thats all there is to it. Whether the developers have done this on purpose or not is unknown, i just wished that they would recognize the discrepancy's and stop segregating our class. It's not starting to make us feel demoralized for being treated this way.

07/13/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Jumpman
That's how unfair the wizard class has been treated, we shouldn't have to dream about a feature other classes have. The same goes with sets, no other class is forced to juggle skills with there sets! That's why convection of elements was created, that should have been the incentive to juggle not force it upon the entire wizard class. This class design reminds me of the division we have in America, we should all be treated equally not treated differently! Wizards lives matter!

Agreed
That's exactly how I feel, wizards are treated badly and it really shows with the firebird change.
At this moment I'm making ready the egg-shaped escape pod for launch and cryo-freeze with me and Mister Bigglesworth
I only played Tal's for speedrifts, as you didn't have to really juggle between skills with the unlimited teleport and spectral blades. So it wasn't that annoying.

I never bothered Tal's for higher rifts as I kind of hate the toggeling idea.
Now we have to do that with Firebirds too and it will be even weaker then it was.

Those reasons and nothing really new added to the game, I don't see any reason to start playing the next season to be honest. So I will probably retire myself as well.
pretty much sums it up. I quit playing as well. The changes to FB/ Vyrs really did it. Nothing about the class sounds fun. I never got a FOD with all primaries too :(

i will note that the archon multipliers are still big with Tals set. I'm guessing that will take the wiz solo over FB. Should have removed Fazula's belt and built it into Vyrs. The Fazula/ Swami combo is too strong with Tals 31 multiplier.