HT Gargs RoE Will be Problem on Live

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
You know, once I could finally log in yesterday, ht garg with roe does feel more interactive , maybe they did this whole thing by design .
08/02/2016 11:24 PMPosted by OnlyStimOnce
Is it really THAT bad to have WD as the highest DPS class for ONE GOD DAMN SEASON?

What seem hard for people with this passion for power to see, is that I am not mainly speaking as WD compared to the other classes but as it compared to the builds in the class itself.

HT Garg without the ring in group dps would be getting first place anyway with wiz out of the scenario. Just use a little bit of your Whey Protein brain to understand that Bombard Crusaders doesn't make a good group type of play, neither FoK DH.

The WD could still fit provoke the pack in the setup and double its dmg, swap confidence for gruesome feast, and even a BBV slam dance

But yeah, wohoooo, lets go WD lets use capital letters, drink a can of beer in half of a second and smash it against the wall! Its our time!!! Who cares about 2 other sets being useless, who cares about all the other abilities in the HT set itself being useless in terms of dmg. Who cares about a ring design that has nothing to do with pets making them overpowered. Yeahhh! Its our time baby!
Given Blizz history, i'll take the ring as is thanks. U make valid points, but really...i'm happy to have a char in the meta...might change later on...but I'm having fun
HT Gargs RoE Will be Problem on Live

Sure, the problem will be staying alive on the higher grift tiers you now have damage enough to do.
08/04/2016 09:31 AMPosted by Jazz
Sure, the problem will be staying alive on the higher grift tiers you now have damage enough to do.

WTB skills to avoid projectiles? I was expecting this, new players to come try WD since is the FOTM class of the season, and people who never went higher than GR 70 complaining about too much dmg.

Maintain 10 stacks of lakumba, apply wall of death on dangerous minions, using the 50% dr from EW is better than the dmg if you are in a tricky situation, and avoid stuff.

Its not like we are virtually immortal like saders and archon wiz.
^

Yup, yup. I'm fooling around WD for past two weeks, and being Barb main since the day one made my WD baby steps really difficult. Yeah, Barbs may have issues with survival, but overall we ca face tank much, much more. It is mostly because of native armor from mainstat, the way we can heal thru fury spend and overall mechanics of all res rolls o gear. Esoteric works completely different for us that for WD, because it gives sort of "diminishing return" when you have so much all res from INT.

Regardless, I've joined WD side, and probably for a while since nothing seems to be happening in Barb department. This aside, from the day one I was running with amethyst in helmet and could easily clear any 75 with previous iteration of HT Garg. I started to run RoE version last night, and can clear any 75 in 7-9 minutes, so I'm partially happy, given that I have a really a lot of work to do in gear section, I have almost no AD, and I still do it with non ancient weapon. Running snakes and dogs, piranhas seems a bit too yolo, especially for me with very little experience woth WD and "dancing around" mobs, that I use to charge into and destroy.

You writing good stuff man, I've learned a lot from your posts, props for that:)
08/04/2016 09:42 AMPosted by Tchevs
WTB skills to avoid projectiles? I was expecting this, new players to come try WD since is the FOTM class of the season, and people who never went higher than GR 70 complaining about too much dmg.

Maintain 10 stacks of lakumba, apply wall of death on dangerous minions, using the 50% dr from EW is better than the dmg if you are in a tricky situation, and avoid stuff.

Make a softcore WD and come back when you can run grifts in the 90'ies to prove how easy it is.
08/04/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Jazz
Make a softcore WD and come back when you can run grifts in the 90'ies to prove how easy it is.

When did I say it is easy? You want your class the be OP and now you want it to be easy as well? Hell, what else do you want? The RG to hand you the loots, a lollipop and tp back to where he was?

This game in solo is not only about having dmg to push thru GRs, is about SKILLS as well. If you cant maintain the survivability from your hero thru out the run, which is not automatic. You will die. Dealing damage as well, is not only about having damage but about optimising the time when you are dealing it.

Common, Jazz, you can do better than this. Every time you come and try to discredit this thread you end up embarrassing yourself.
08/04/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Jazz

When did I say it is easy? You want your class the be OP and now you want it to be easy as well? Hell, what else do you want? The RG to hand you the loots, a lollipop and tp back to where he was?

This game in solo is not only about having dmg to push thru GRs, is about SKILLS as well. If you cant maintain the survivability from your hero thru out the run, which is not automatic. You will die. Dealing damage as well, is not only about having damage but about optimising the time when you are dealing it.

Common, Jazz, you can do better than this. Every time you come and try to discredit this thread you end up embarrassing yourself.

Looks like a spoiled little brat to me saying, "be the best and then you can come talk to me",
"NOW that we have damage, we die one shotted by everything". Ht garg already had the damage to go 90s+ on S6, I personally did 85 on HC. And the toughness is still the same.

It's weird discussing with you Tchev. You are the one claiming that wd is too op in 2.4.2... That's the whole basis for this discussion. Like people with around 600 paragon and low gear will be able to run through the 90'ies in no time.

And you're the one acting like a spoiled brat when your assumptions are challenged. So who's embarrassing himself?
07/23/2016 01:24 AMPosted by Tchevs
Now, I think blizz intended to make jade and maybe arachyr more competitive with gargs by boosting roe.

This was certainly the intention.

I forgot to add a suggestion to this ring. The ring should apply the 300% dmg only to you and not your pets.

And this is a great suggestion - one we've seen from a lot of great Witch Doctors who gave feedback, and it lines up with the change we have in store. The Helltooth/Gargantuan build surfaced during a time on PTR in which we were already submitting our final builds to the production line. This means changes we could make were limited for the actual deployment build, so an adjustment didn't make the patch launch.

The good news is we've been working on a hotfix instead. Ring of Emptiness now only works on damage dealt directly by your Witch Doctor and not your pets. This hotfix should hit servers momentarily, well before the launch of Season 7.

I do want to thank the community for your discussions and testing. Your passion, dedication, and pursuit of fair play are a valuable contributor in making Diablo III the best it can be!
08/04/2016 05:11 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Now, I think blizz intended to make jade and maybe arachyr more competitive with gargs by boosting roe.

This was certainly the intention.

I forgot to add a suggestion to this ring. The ring should apply the 300% dmg only to you and not your pets.

And this is a great suggestion - one we've seen from a lot of great Witch Doctors who gave feedback, and it lines up with the change we have in store. The Helltooth/Gargantuan build surfaced during a time on PTR in which we were already submitting our final builds to the production line. This means changes we could make were limited for the actual deployment build, so an adjustment didn't make the patch launch.

The good news is we've been working on a hotfix instead. Ring of Emptiness now only works on damage dealt directly by your Witch Doctor and not your pets. This hotfix should hit servers momentarily, well before the launch of Season 7.

I do want to thank the community for your discussions and testing. Your passion, dedication, and pursuit of fair play are a valuable contributor in making Diablo III the best it can be!

Awesome.
Laaaame. Finally a way to make the garg build a bit more active and the day I start using it, it goes away!
Season 7 not up yet ?
Tomorrow night.
Well, for a second there I thought we were actually going to viable as DPS in completing higher GRs and not just have a support role but guess we're back to the same ol' meta now just wait and see. It'd be nice if 1 freaking season we get to DPS as WD is that to much to ask? Btw even with the ring of emptiness buffing jade etc it's still going to be lackluster to HT anyhow, fun fun. Well, I'll play monk or something else this season blah

P.S Nice addressing this "bug" when you left the firebug bug in the game through the whole last season good job blizzard.
*sarcasm* Just lovely.
So twister sword gets to live for a year and this gets taken away the DAY BEFORE THE SEASON. After we've put in the time to test and build around it. Frustrating. I was looking forward to NOT being a support character this season. That statement might be premature but really - the day before the season???

Blizzard

Knows about firebirds set bugs for 2 seasons before fixing

WD doing too much dmg? HAHAHAH... no. not anymore. Fixed before season starts.

GG

G fking G

Literally flipping off my monitor.
That really sucks, I liked the RoE a lot, now again its crap. Way to undo a great change
Soo.. did anyone try Arachyr+RoE yet? :)