Are Wizards still awkward and clunky?

Wizard
I was thinking about coming back into the game for Season 7, but I have not played in a couple seasons. My last Wizard snap shot was a clunky and awkward class that had no support in group play, but managed to see play because of the that broken tornado sword. I also remember Wizard solo play as being incredibly stressful compared to other "roflbro, what damage Bro? :D" classes. I should also add that I only play Hardcore.

So how are wizards doing ATM?
well, you missed the season in which the wizard was top DPS due to broken mechanics and such.

wizard in season 7 will not be as powerful but still one of the high dps classes.

as far as clunkyness, well, you can say that.. Firebird has changed but it's still powerful, tal rasha is stronger than you'll remember, Delsere and Vyr aren't as strong and it's a shame.

i hope that you have your answers.
You might wonder why you only had 1 reply in 22 hours.
Answer: Everyone left. They are destroying the game completely.

I myself have stopped a while ago and don't plan to come back until they give us some love instead of getting us more and more into clunky sets.

What it comes down to is that you have to use 3 to 4 skills every few seconds for both Tal's and Firebird. As clunky as you can get. While other classes never have to bother with this sh*t.
it's all a matter of perspective.

every game has a down time period where people stop playing it. even WoW has it, with the amount of players constantly fluctuating.

taking some time off from D3 should be considered a bad thing. people are entitled to play what, when and how much they want to play a certain game.
personally, i'm not playing D3 because i'm playing another game. doens't mean that the game is dead or they're killing it because they don't like it anymore.

the dev team of the game has shrunken in the last couple of months. and the fact that most of they're attention is focused on the next WoW and HS expansions, doesn't mean that they think that D3 is a piece of !@#$.

i'm not speaking from a fanboy position thinking that they can do no wrong.
i'm just talking from a perspective of understanding why they're doing what they're doing.
^

The developpers or WoW and Hearthstone are completely different than the guys working on D3...
@You might wonder why you only had 1 reply in 22 hours.
Answer: Everyone left. They are destroying the game completely.

ROFL xD
07/31/2016 04:35 AMPosted by LoBsTeRfOrK
I was thinking about coming back into the game for Season 7, but I have not played in a couple seasons. My last Wizard snap shot was a clunky and awkward class that had no support in group play, but managed to see play because of the that broken tornado sword. I also remember Wizard solo play as being incredibly stressful compared to other "roflbro, what damage Bro? :D" classes. I should also add that I only play Hardcore.

So how are wizards doing ATM?

Very clunky and getting worse! id type up why but Gbrav13 already did that.

08/04/2016 07:32 AMPosted by Gbrav13

And not even fun diversity.

Can someone explain to me the though process of the devs sometimes?

Barb ring: Leap - gain 60% DR for 8 seconds
DH ring: Vault - gain 60% DR for 8 seconds
Wizard ring: When your random (worst) armor spell hits an enemy 30 yards away gain 60% DR for 3 seconds

Freaking garbage. In addition, every other competitive set gives better and more reliable DR than Tal Rasha.

Oh and Power hungry. The 30 yard requirement. Yet the identitical passive (almost) for DH's only requires 10 yards (for 10% less damage).

Wizard passive CC: Temporal flux limited to our worst element: Arcane
DH: All spenders slow enemies.

Archon vs other class ultimate.... ETC.
If you want to play a build where you use one skill without worrying about anything (like WW barb, one of my favorites; useless now), then yes.

Wizard builds revolve around doing a whole bunch of finger dancing, managing timers, cooldowns, buffs..

It's a complete mess, it's like we're playing a fighting game. It's stressful even.

Tal Rasha? Use 4 different skills to keep your buff up. Used to be within 4 seconds, now you have 8.
Firebird? Use fire ski-- oh wait, do the same thing as Tal Rasha now -1 skill, within 3 seconds.
Vyr? People use that? Before it was useless: Manage chantodo stacks, manage archon stacks, mass cooldown reduction, spam generator to trigger zodiac ring..
Delsere? Spam a spender, spam slow time, stand inside them all the time, keep them on enemies all the time.

Use focus and restraint? Spam a generator and spender every few seconds ontop of the other things.

I play(ed) barb/wizard, and it's far the easiest to play WW. But WW is trash, and you have to play raekor, which is as clunky as wizard.

I didn't play S6, and I won't play S7, especially not after the changes in 2.4.2 (and after the removal of the east coast server). Blizzard don't understand their own game.