Will the Wastes set ever be great again?

Barbarian
I get that the Wastes set has already been buffed a couple times. And when you do the set dungeon it almost feel like the set is meant to be used as a ranged and semi-melee build. Like you're supposed to at times, aim your dust devils at the target in order to kill them effectively. But then you have the Skull Grasp ring which rewards you being in melee range and hitting the target.

My other question is, instead of trying to make new builds out of old gear (it's great to give them legendary powers...), why not add dimensions to the sets we already have? Give us options to choose set bonuses or add bonuses to sets from legendary gems. Or create other types of Kanai's Cube augment recipes so we can stack powers more efficiently. Right now it's all about going to Google and finding who is running the highest GR using specific gear. Unless you're a Wizard it seems that's usually some full ancient build using the Legacy of Nightmares set. To me the game setup for characters (especially Barbarians) are still extremely one-dimensional.
I am almost 100% sure it will get really awesome, since barb and ww are so iconic to the diablo universe, you know. When wastes and Ik set do get redesigned and buffed, I am pretty sure I won´t be playing anything else for a long time hehe.

However, at the moment, I am just gonna chill with my helltooth pet wd this season, and have fun with my friends in group meta.
Will it be great again sure it will. Do we know when? Nope. It only needs that one key item aka bracers to be on par with other sets atm. Also bk weapons buffed
Bliz will never allow any WW to ever do what it did in the past. They can't stand the heat from the player base, allowing the Barbs to just run 2-3 screens ahead of everyone else,.. Killing some and leaving the cripples to be finished by others.
Now, with that said, there is certainly the possibility of Wastes set changes providing a more powerful WW build, it just can't and won't go fast as before.
Sadly Wastes will only ever be good in our dreams.
What if wastes played more like IK/W slow wind style. Use rend to buff ww or the other way around. Would a more tanky deliberate style make wastes return to blizz favor.
08/03/2016 01:43 PMPosted by Malamess
Sadly Wastes will only ever be good in our dreams.

So I came here because I am trying to decide if I want to play Wastes or not in S7 till I can make LoN Frenzy work. And what I hear is wastes cannot do anything? Even solo play? Is it viable at all if you don't care about pushing into GR90's which seems to be the new "meta"?
S7? Either run tX till ya drop or my suggestion farm MoTE and do this sheeeet. Then U can farm t13 and 70gr. Take your time at bounties in decent group play and 1st get ancient Blade of Tribes with high %eq roll and then reforge Hack and Oathkeeper. Farm norm rifts and bounties for mats and daily craft 10-20 1h mighty and upgrade them in cube.

And next farm farm farm and spend bs on armor slots. Remember 1st all ancients and cdr in first place. Then loh, thorns and ias last. In short ;).

Good luck on season Brothers. After I'm done with stash tab, I'll be making Invoker support thorns boost. So feel warm welcomed at EU s7 :)

And Wastes WW to compete with other setups? Honestly and sadly maybe in d4. As for zdps support yeah why not. Should be good build.

Peace
It can take you high in group play. I feel like that should count for something.
08/05/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Gaidin
So I came here because I am trying to decide if I want to play Wastes or not in S7 till I can make LoN Frenzy work. And what I hear is wastes cannot do anything? Even solo play? Is it viable at all if you don't care about pushing into GR90's which seems to be the new "meta"?

Wastes can easily crack 70. Check out this guide: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18706416963

Nothing's changed for 2.4.2
Just realized that WW is the season set and all the sad pandas that will be lurking here to find out how to do the WW Dungeon Mastery.

Use HotA IK imo. I've read the guides on the WW Dungeon. I'm no Jako. ;(
08/06/2016 05:13 AMPosted by Tao
I'm no Jako. ;(
wtf is this what the forums have come to, we have fallen on dark times when one has to say "im no jako"
Need a good bracer for WW to be good again.
Jako got a DH.

A DH was carrying me through 55's. The shame is too much to bear. Thank God I lift.
The true sad state of WW. I geared out a UE DH. Only one good ancient piece. Yangs Recurve. I am using my Endless Walk from my Barb so they are strength rolled. I threw a dex aug on the Unity and Yangs. I am using a random belt. Screwy skills.

Comparison.

Waste. All ancient including jewlery.

Result.

My UE DH is stronger in every way.