Diablo 4 or Diablo 3 expansion?

General Discussion
Although a D3 expansion is not likely but it is still not impossible, anything can happen in games. In fact the Necro's move to the end of next year could mean that the devs see that there could be enough sales that would warrant and expansion. Also they could have their new project that is ready for showing at the next Blizzcon.
11/30/2016 08:37 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Although a D3 expansion is not likely but it is still not impossible, anything can happen in games. In fact the Necro's move to the end of next year could mean that the devs see that there could be enough sales that would warrant and expansion. Also they could have their new project that is ready for showing at the next Blizzcon.

From the looks of it, it going to be DLC all the way for D3 from now on. Once DLC starts it is a fairly good sign that it is the direction the game is going to go.
D4 for sure, I might be 50yo though when it happens and if it happens at all.
I'm pretty sure they confermed a big diablo project wether it was a expansion or diablo 4 we don't know for sure. But they stopped or slowed down production when half the devs left the team.
08/01/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Volrath222
I'm pretty sure they confermed a big diablo project wether it was a expansion or diablo 4 we don't know for sure. But they stopped or slowed down production when half the devs left the team.

this project is called d2 lod remastered and will be released 2018

will be announced at blizzcon this year
According to Rykher .. This year Blizz hired 16 new employees from important positions for the Diablo team. Do you know what it means?

I dont now..

But i hope it means something..
08/01/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Toxn

Doesn't take a full team to do a remastered version of an old game. A remake, yes, you're doing everything new from the ground-up. A remaster? no, doesn't make sense to start hiring new leads for a project, expanding the team larger than what it currently is.

Assuming the D2: LoD remaster is a legit thing to be shown off at BlizzCon - That's most likely to shut majority of us up while we wait for Diablo IV in 2025.
08/01/2017 12:37 PMPosted by Toxn

hopefully.
With that said, WTT D3:RoS for D2 LoD remastered ^-^
D4 created with the love of everything good from all of the games within the series.
D1, D2, D3 all have good things that would blend well together.
When Diablo 4 does come (and it will, lots of recruitment postings for Diablo team), I hope they revert to the art style in D1/D2. Dark brooding locales with enthralling guitar scoring (Matt Uelmen pls), light and shadows, rich lore through ancient scripts and hearsay. None of that "you've beaten my best lieutenant, but you will never beat me muhahaha" crap.

Yes, none of which happened in D3 is canon. Erase all that rubbish. Cain back in some way or form, Tyrael not some wimpy !@#$ (aka Tyrone), and Adria... I don't even know, just erase that whole blotch of a story and start afresh.

D3 had great combat mechanics, keep the Kanai cube/Mystic enchants/Kadara gambling, as well as rifts, but other things please look to D2.

Also it seems the D4 lead designer job hasn't been filled. David Brevik please, your return will be perfect. Blizzard take heed, Brevik has indicated his interest in a recent interview, do the right thing.
Neither... Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Remastered, please.
Diablo 3 isn't getting another expansion. More DLC perhaps, but certainly not an expansion.

The next game we see will be D4 or some other game set in the Diablo IP.