jade after roe nerf is broken

Witch Doctor
Are you just trolling? There majority of the posts say that Jade is not working now with RoE ring, if this is a trolling attempt, it's a very poor one...on the other hand, Helltooth Gargs already proved they can reach GR100 with the old play style... I wouldn't say the WD got nerfed, but this sure is a !@#$ty move. There have been hundreds of posts if not more of people asking defensive capabilities to be added to Jade to make it viable...no answer in months and months....Your hex nerf affects Arachyr as well, basically WD is burried in a pool of monotony.
08/05/2016 07:00 AMPosted by Selkath
There majority of the posts say that Jade is not working now with RoE ring

The majority of players are reactionary and don't test things themselves. Jade + RoE is fine. Not sure how many times it has to be said.
Why?
Any kind of serious Answer? Blizzard??
Why you destroy a complete class ? A few houers before the season beginn?
There is no way to undestand your reasons, sorry but im verry sad of this Nerf=(
08/05/2016 06:13 AMPosted by NightRaven
Blizzard = S...H...I...T

congratulations
#RevertTheHotfix
08/05/2016 04:00 AMPosted by eichlot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTRAagg02s8

this was brilliant
And after the nerf I wanted to play Jade.
08/05/2016 08:53 AMPosted by itsFood
And after the nerf I wanted to play Jade.

You can. Jade is fine and working as advertised.
The damage bonus from Ring of Emptiness now only applies to damage dealt directly by the Witch Doctor, and not pets or followers

RoE only applies to direct damage from the Witch Doctor. The damage from Jade is from the Set Bonus and is activated by using a specific ability while wearing the Jade set.

Working as Intended.

Blizzard have stated every season that they will not make drastic changes to builds once a season has started. This will not be fixed the same way the wizard firebird bug wasn't fixed last season. The bug could be discovered a week before the season ends, or it could be discovered 2 hours after the season has started on the asian servers but not on the american or eu servers.

Blizzard is a professional high class world renowned multi billion dollar business. They do not lie on official forum posts or on official twitter posts. They stand by their word because they believe that their decisions are for the betterment of the game and they only deliver quality products to paying customers.
Suck it Tchevs and Devs
08/05/2016 10:16 AMPosted by Novalia
Suck it Tchevs and Devs

It''s funny you think that Jade is broken because someone put it in a thread, but didn't even test it...

08/05/2016 09:23 AMPosted by CoffeeMaid
RoE only applies to direct damage from the Witch Doctor. The damage from Jade is from the Set Bonus and is activated by using a specific ability while wearing the Jade set.

Jade is working fine with the ring. Maybe people are unaware of how the set works, mechanically. The DoT damage of both skills increases, you can watch it tick 4x higher than the two individual skills combined. Your Soul Harvest damage from the 6pc set simply takes that tick damage (the stack together when displayed) and runs it off 450 times (assuming you have Quetz on). It works just like everyone thought it would, and should. There is literally nothing wrong with the combination except for a misguided thread and players claiming "good job" because they read, but don't test.

I read, said "wtf" and then went and tested. It's fine. Smooth sailing 85s this patch when I could barely get 87 on a good map/mob combo last patch doesn't happen without RoE working as intended.

*edit: read that second one incorrectly. Fixed to provide clarity to peeps.
So the haunts that move on after the initial target arn't being affected by RoE? WoW, WD gear adds to the * count for our gear.
*Depth Diggers great for all primary skills except for you WD's your primary builds would be too powerful?. (you mean up to par) (Rhenho Flayer, DoD)
*Ring of Emptiness great damage buff for using both haunt and locust swarm. except for pets...no fun for you! (make it so the bonus only applies if you have both skills on your bar...or it is directly cast by you..that would force one of the WD skills off our bar nerfing the build without destroying all the testing we've done, would hit our survivability hard if you want dps to feel the threat of affixes that would do it.
[quote]

Blizzard is a professional high class world renowned multi billion dollar business. They do not lie on official forum posts or on official twitter posts.

Do you actually believe this load you just tried to feed us?
After playing on the PTR for a few weeks and giving feedback, only to be told that they are aware of the problems but they aren't going to fix them, I made a decision to ignore Diablo 3 for the first time since seasons started.

My addiction forced me into coming back to the forums to see if by some miracle anything had changed, and lo and behold, typical Blizz twitch nerfing something last minute after months of PTR testing. And it breaks the very thing it was designed to improve.

Classic Blizz.
08/05/2016 10:23 AMPosted by ButteryNub
Jade is working fine with the ring. Maybe people are unaware of how the set works, mechanically. The DoT damage of both skills increases, you can watch it tick 4x higher than the two individual skills combined. Your Soul Harvest damage from the 6pc set simply takes that tick damage (the stack together when displayed) and runs it off 450 times (assuming you have Quetz on). It works just like everyone thought it would, and should. There is literally nothing wrong with the combination except for a misguided thread and players claiming "good job" because they read, but don't test.

I read, said "wtf" and then went and tested. It's fine. Smooth sailing 85s this patch when I could barely get 87 on a good map/mob combo last patch doesn't happen without RoE working as intended.

Thanks for doing the testing, ButteryNub. I really appreciate your work. :)

Just to be absolutely certain, I shot this over immediately to our development team to do another review. Ring of Emptiness indeed working as it should be. Since this thread is highly misleading, I'm going to go ahead and lock it to avoid spreading additional misinformation.