2 cents on stash space tied to seasons

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
I love it that the Dev solution only made things worse....and just wait til players have maxed out their stash tabs from seasons----The following season will be comparable to a bus load of kids going over a cliff...total disaster. Last season was it for me...NS from here on out....they can stuff the tabs.

Bloody
08/15/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Merlin
I agree, it should not be tied to seasons.

But, let's be honest. Many people wouldn't play seasons if it weren't for the stash tab. Lots of people still only play the game to get their stash tabs. The player base, and time played by the player base, would significantly decline if the stash tab wasn't tied to seasons.

Diablo looks like more of a success if more people continue playing, seasons looks like more of a success if more people are playing seasons, so it's all about making the game look like a success. No one at Blizzard cares if the player base wants an alternative option besides seasons for stash tab.

Having said all that, I kind of enjoy the leveling a new character process, but being forced to do those awful set dungeons, go back and kill bosses I've killed 3415908 times already, not really fun there guys....

But their decision only makes the seasons look like a big success. What happens when they tie other QoL improvements to seasons ones that would be similar to the new buff bar and stick it at the end of the season journey. Or even stick whole patches at the end of the season journey. Then you could have millions so disgusted with the decision that they just don't play at all. Then see how successful seasons and this game would look then.
I'll reiterate my whole point on seasons and stash tab stated long ago hen this was first introduced:

If seasons requires any more incentive other than starting over new, seasons in itself is a flawed design...

Stash tabs should not be locked behind any particular game mode, it should be obtainable by playing the way you were always playing this game: non season, season, hardcore or softcore.. It shouldn't matter..
This is nothing more then a lazy carrot on a stick trick to make playing seasons worthwhile...Without this trick, seasons would be as dead as non season!
Before this season I just checked if UE DH was nerfed or not. It was, but just a little bit. Got the stash tab in around 40 hours, zero hype.
these people quoting others and then tryna trashtalk them while trying to appear argueing, shameless
No matter how much stash tab space there is, people will NEVER be happy with how much stash space they have. They will continue to whine about not having enough stash space. At some point, you must consider that you gotta think about stuff you wanna keep and stuff you don't wanna keep. If they gave you six more stash slots, you would still complain about stash space. They already added a 2nd tab. People kept complaining, they added another slot. People still complain. Of course it is tied to seasons......many people ONLY play seasons...such as me. I don't want to play during the off season.
08/16/2016 02:31 PMPosted by CaladynusOD
many people ONLY play seasons...such as me. I don't want to play during the off season

And an equal amount normally only play non season... such as I. I don't want to play in season.

Of course it is tied to seasons

This makes zero sense.. It's tied to a mode in which you have to start all over without gear, without mats.. With a !@#$%^- empty chest!!
What idiot thought to himself: "hey, guess what, let's add the chance to get MORE tabs in a game mode where you start with EMPTY tabs where you don't really need them... AAAND let's NOT put the chance to get these tabs in the game mode in which there are FULL tabs... I'm a *!@#$%^ genius!"
What kind of reverse logic is that??? If I came up with logic like that in my job, I'd get fired on the spot!
I'll apply the logic to my job just to further illustrate the point. I'm a network engineer & consultant, responsible for building new networks or maintaining existing ones.
Let's say I'm working for a client and for future growth of the network we agree to install 2 new switches with UTP cables and patch panels, to accommodate a larger work force. The most logic thing to do would be to install these 2 new switches and patch panels in 1 of the wiring closets where the added capacity will be needed. But instead, I'm going to another office building, where there are no wiring closets yet. So I first start building a new IT room with wiring closets etc. At the same time my client starts asking about his switches because he hired 10 new people and it needs to be implemented. The growth is needed to sustain the business needs. At that point I say: "no can do. I'm installing a new IT room first in another building. As soon as that is done, I'll dismantle everything and put it in the existing IT room where you need it. Hold of your business growth till then. Come join me first in this new building, which you'll never use, and start assembling the wire closets because I already have the switches and I need more room here first to store them. Oh, and do hurry because we only have 3 months time and then they demolish the building at which point we can start moving the equipment. After that is done, you can expand the business."
Yeah, I won't have a job for long when pulling -*!@ like that..
No matter how much stash tab space there is, people will NEVER be happy with how much stash space they have.

This is not true. There is a fixed amt of space needed for sets, unique legendaries, and a couple versions of each for different build archetypes (CDR based dps, APS based dps, and zdps, for example).

Key word, fixed amt.

There is also a fixed amt of space needed to store a reasonable amt of mats.
There is also a fixed amt of stash that needs to be empty for looting, gambling at kadala, recieving a deluge of bounty caches, etc.

Basically, all these fixed quantities are the bare minimum required TO PLAY THE GAME. That's all most players are asking for, stash-wise. Hundreds of tabs clearly aren't needed.
No matter how much stash tab space there is, people will NEVER be happy with how much stash space they have. They will continue to whine about not having enough stash space. At some point, you must consider that you gotta think about stuff you wanna keep and stuff you don't wanna keep. If they gave you six more stash slots, you would still complain about stash space. They already added a 2nd tab. People kept complaining, they added another slot. People still complain. Of course it is tied to seasons......many people ONLY play seasons...such as me. I don't want to play during the off season.

There is a point where you have to ask yourself is the stash space that is available enough for the game. If it is not then more is needed. Obviously they added as much as they have added, for those that will eventually earn all 10 tabs, because they knew that the five we had wasn't enough.

Why would it hurt season players to allow those that love playing non season to have a way of earning the stash space. It could be something that would take about as long as it would in seasons.

Oh wait a minute Blizz won't do that because then seasons won't look as successful. Because the ones that want to earn it non season would be doing that. But the problem here is what do they do to make seasons still seem successful after almost everyone has their 10 tabs? Do they start putting in other QoL features maybe something like the new buff bar, Paragon 3.0, etc.. tying them to earning Guardian, finishing the season journey.

I say that players will only take so much before they reach their breaking point. Which would mean that players would quit when they hit that last straw. You have enough of them then Blizz would have no choice but to do something spectacular to keep them from quitting or to get them back.
08/15/2016 11:26 PMPosted by Nectum
Stash tabs should not be locked behind any particular game mode, it should be obtainable by playing the way you were always playing this game: non season, season, hardcore or softcore.. It shouldn't matter..

Well when you all complained that china can get 10 stash tabs, where's ours, the community shouldn't of said we'll do anything to get it. Well guess what. they got their wish and need to do season journey to get it. The community should of not said they will do anything to get it.

08/15/2016 11:26 PMPosted by Nectum
Without this trick, seasons would be as dead as non season!

In your opinion, if it wasn't for seasons I would of left this game ages ago. Once my character is set up the way I like and their is no real point in playing, there is nothing left to get.

08/16/2016 10:55 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Obviously they added as much as they have added, for those that will eventually earn all 10 tabs, because they knew that the five we had wasn't enough.

They added the extra stash tabs because you were butt hurt because china got 10 and you didn't, No other reason.
But hey!!! Season 8 is the last season i have to play!! Then i have all 10 stashtabs weeeeeeeee

I did season 7 in 40 hours now i wait for seadon 8
08/17/2016 03:59 AMPosted by Steve
They added the extra stash tabs because you were butt hurt because china got 10 and you didn't, No other reason.

Wrong again, they don't add anything like this unless the game really needs it. And trust me it does or they wouldn't add it to begin with.
Stach being tied to seasons is as fun and awesome as Set Dungeons.

Proof that whoever pulled both of these stupid designs out of there lower posterior crevice have no clue what fun is.
Easy solution if you don't want to play seasons and earn more space

Pay for collectors edition to get 15 character slots.

Make 1 of each character to use, clear inventory

Make 1 of Each character to store extra gear

Make 3 characters to store generic ancient items.

Add this extra storage to whatever stash space you have now and if you are still running out then you hoard too much !@#$.
Stash space is intimately tied to good gear load that isn't readily replaceable or reforgeable without a lot of effort. Example: dagger of darts with 7 percent attack speed and area or damage increase over 3k.

You don't salvage that dod because it's very cumbersome to replicate with mats or rerolling. A person who has a piece like that should be completing grift say 75 or even 80.

Devs could lock stash space behind achieving certain benchmarks, like complete all set dungeons and grift 80 per class to unlock each stash tab until all 10 are open.

There's many ways to skin the cat. Blizzard has the metrics to design the gateway so that it keeps the masses away from easily getting the stash tab.
08/17/2016 04:58 PMPosted by r3s
Add this extra storage to whatever stash space you have now and if you are still running out then you hoard too much !@#$.

BULL.

i have 2+ of each class, all slots filled, with all their gear, and i still don't have room for all of the crusader shields and fist weapons. AFTER PLAYING FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

just because we need space doesn't mean we are hoarding useless items. i'm not hoarding, i'm COLLECTING loot, here in the LOOT GAME.

go ahead, play one class and get the tab in 30 hours and then don't use it because you only play one class and "don't hoard"...

i'm sorry i wanted to play the whole game instead of 1/6 of it. if china has 10, we should have 10. there's no excuse at all, including server space.

all you "don't hoard" people don't even need to play this game more than 40 hours every 3 months anyway, just go away. no one cares if you won't use the space, because I WILL.

but, no, since this one guy doesn't need it, then neither do we.
08/17/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Fenix
08/17/2016 04:58 PMPosted by r3s

BULL.

i have 2+ of each class, all slots filled, with all their gear, and i still don't have room for all of the crusader shields and fist weapons. AFTER PLAYING FOR OVER 2 YEARS.

just because we need space doesn't mean we are hoarding useless items. i'm not hoarding, i'm COLLECTING loot, here in the LOOT GAME.

go ahead, play one class and get the tab in 30 hours and then don't use it because you only play one class and "don't hoard"...

i'm sorry i wanted to play the whole game instead of 1/6 of it. if china has 10, we should have 10. there's no excuse at all, including server space.

all you "don't hoard" people don't even need to play this game more than 40 hours every 3 months anyway, just go away. no one cares if you won't use the space, because I WILL.

but, no, since this one guy doesn't need it, then neither do we.

Someone has sand in their !@#$%^.

50%+ of the items in the game are useless past leveling up, i bet you keep 1 of each and never use any of them, don't whinge about stash space.

Last season i ran
DPS wd
DPS wiz - firebug
DPS wiz - twister
DPS wiz - firebirds/chant
DPS sader- Rank2
supp monk
supp monk2
supp wd
supp dh
geared supp barb, never used

I hardly play 1 class, having a break this season after going hard for 2 seasons on the same META group build, got the stash tab for something to do not because i need it.

I play with plenty of people like you, always dropping -*!@ in town, sorting out their inventories every time you try and do speed runs, never have space to even spend shards, multiple trips to the blacksmith to gamble 500 shards.

It is because you think everything is going to be good at some sage down the track, News Flash - IT ISN'T!!!!.

I play hardcore so keep backups of gear for multiple characters as well and still don't run out of space, people who play softcore and have backups of the same gear are obviously just not very bright which is shown in their rant threads/posts on stash space issues they have.
they should add seasonal only items again for seasons. stash space can be tied to NS only achieves. this way people have a choice, new items that will eventually roll over into NS, or stash space that some may need.
however you can play both NS and unlock stash space and it will count for seasonal play as well, but seasonal items being unlocked wont appear in NS till the season ends.

the fact that devs listened to whiny players and removed seasonal items is just sad. Seasonal items made devs think of creative builds and additions to enhance gameplay or skills. without it devs can just be lazy and unimaginative.

reminds me of Zoltun Kulle "a hidden waterfall, how unimaginative"
good post op +1
08/16/2016 03:12 PMPosted by Nectum

[quote="207469682977"]Of course it is tied to seasons

This makes zero sense.. It's tied to a mode in which you have to start all over without gear, without mats.. With a !@#$%^- empty chest!!
What idiot thought to himself: "hey, guess what, let's add the chance to get MORE tabs in a game mode where you start with EMPTY tabs where you don't really need them... AAAND let's NOT put the chance to get these tabs in the game mode in which there are FULL tabs... I'm a *!@#$%^ genius!"
What kind of reverse logic is that??? If I came up with logic like that in my job, I'd get fired on the spot!
I'll apply the logic to my job just to further illustrate the point. I'm a network engineer & consultant, responsible for building new networks or maintaining existing ones.
Let's say I'm working for a client and for future growth of the network we agree to install 2 new switches with UTP cables and patch panels, to accommodate a larger work force. The most logic thing to do would be to install these 2 new switches and patch panels in 1 of the wiring closets where the added capacity will be needed. But instead, I'm going to another office building, where there are no wiring closets yet. So I first start building a new IT room with wiring closets etc. At the same time my client starts asking about his switches because he hired 10 new people and it needs to be implemented. The growth is needed to sustain the business needs. At that point I say: "no can do. I'm installing a new IT room first in another building. As soon as that is done, I'll dismantle everything and put it in the existing IT room where you need it. Hold of your business growth till then. Come join me first in this new building, which you'll never use, and start assembling the wire closets because I already have the switches and I need more room here first to store them. Oh, and do hurry because we only have 3 months time and then they demolish the building at which point we can start moving the equipment. After that is done, you can expand the business."
Yeah, I won't have a job for long when pulling -*!@ like that..

Everyone starting from exactly the same point is why it is locked behind seasons only.

If it was non season I could have completed it well within the first 2 hours as opposed to around 40 hours played.