Is a Diablo 4 really necessary?

General Discussion
08/10/2016 01:03 PMPosted by soulidarity
New content to an old game does not generate nearly as much excitement as an entirely new game. When they get around to making D4, it will generate a lot of buzz and sales will far exceed what another d3 expansion would

I guess you weren't around for Diablo 2 then. Your insane if you think a Fresher Diablo 2 won't sell as many copies. It'll be sold out everywhere it's released (Hard Copy Wise). Digital copies will be rekt'd as well. Newbiles to Diablo franchise underestimate just how many D2 Veterans there are.
I think they will make a H&S with MMO elements.

Bcs "Lineage Eternal" and "Lost Arc" are waiting in the wings, Blizzard has to catch up the same train.

Means they will bring a Diablo 4, where u can play with 100ts of friends and people at the same time.

So I think the next project is a Diablo MMO.
But not like WOW,.....graphic, gameplay and loot will be the same like in other Diablo games (only better....hopefully). ;)
We DO NOT need a D4. D3 still looks great for an isometric game. New features with a new expansion will draw people.
My thought on this is that I don't want another game with Diablo in it. I'll play another game in this style from Blizzard, but I'm done with Sanctuary. Give me something fresh and new in terms of story and setting.
And let me keep playing D3, because it is fantastic.
08/24/2016 05:34 AMPosted by Urgle
08/10/2016 01:03 PMPosted by soulidarity
New content to an old game does not generate nearly as much excitement as an entirely new game. When they get around to making D4, it will generate a lot of buzz and sales will far exceed what another d3 expansion would

I guess you weren't around for Diablo 2 then. Your insane if you think a Fresher Diablo 2 won't sell as many copies. It'll be sold out everywhere it's released (Hard Copy Wise). Digital copies will be rekt'd as well. Newbiles to Diablo franchise underestimate just how many D2 Veterans there are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games
What was that about how many D2 veterans there are?
it is called expansion, not D4
Your answer would be "World of Diablo", since WoW is nearing it's deathbed.