Season 8: Patch 2.4.3 or 2.5?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I don't think that this game will ever see a patch called 2.5. If we do get an expansion and they are greatly changing the game to even redesigning everything then maybe a 2.5 could come out as a pre-patch to 3.0. That is if there will ever be another expansion for this game. Now if the expansion does come but doesn't change much then a patch 2.5 may not be needed.
@ShadowAegis: Expansion would come 100% with a big patch including 70 -> 80 level progression and a complete redesign of the paragon system. I also expect runewords to be introduced with the next expansion, which should drop 2017/18.
08/15/2016 02:06 AMPosted by ercan
or do you think that it will be a major patch (2.5)?

of course 2.5.0! if Blizzard present it to gamescom they would have nothing to show for BlizzCon
08/16/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Skelos
@ShadowAegis: Expansion would come 100% with a big patch including 70 -> 80 level progression and a complete redesign of the paragon system. I also expect runewords to be introduced with the next expansion, which should drop 2017/18.

To me that depends on how big the expansion really is. You might not have enough content to warrant a level bump and don't go by what they do with WoW. Team 3 said before that if the new content warrants a level bump then they will do it. I have seen other games that have had expansions that have not bumped the level cap.

The same would be true for any 2.5 patch or pre-expansion patch. I say it depends on what is in the expansion. If a pre-patch is warranted then we will get one. Just because Blizz typically pre-patches things before expansions doesn't mean that they have to do it all of the time.

08/16/2016 10:16 AMPosted by ParaBellum
08/15/2016 02:06 AMPosted by ercan
or do you think that it will be a major patch (2.5)?

of course 2.5.0! if Blizzard present it to gamescom they would have nothing to show for BlizzCon

A major patch at gamescom wouldn't prevent them from talking about their new project which could be either D4 or a diablo inspired game like Skovos Isle.
I need 2.4.8, because binary is good
You might not have enough content to warrant a level bump and don't go by what they do with WoW. Team 3 said before that if the new content warrants a level bump then they will do it.

The level bump is needed if they want to fix the paragon system. And I think 90% of the player base want a diverse paragon system with more than auto-assigning points to main stat only. So I expect them to change it. And also implement runewords.

08/15/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Skelos
@OP: Depends what news we get on Gamescom. After it we would be able to guess with 90% certainty which is the case. So just wait a few days more.

If these are the news about Diablo at Gamescom then I go with: S8 will be patch 2.4.3 and S9 (after Blizzcon) will be 2.5. Also, potential expansion date at Q3 2018, if they don't announce a new expansion at Blizzcon.
08/17/2016 04:19 AMPosted by Skelos
The level bump is needed if they want to fix the paragon system. And I think 90% of the player base want a diverse paragon system with more than auto-assigning points to main stat only. So I expect them to change it. And also implement runewords.

I say that they don't need to change the level cap to fix the paragon system. They could keep it at level 70 as cap, but make a paragon system that would function as skill trees that could be a mix of D2's and Path of Exile's. Of course they could also cap paragon system as well as GRs. Then they can greatly nerf the sets. Then have all builds that they want as viable builds set for T13 and GR60. That why you can try out a lot of different builds. Heck then you would have a lot of LoN builds that would be good to use.

I don't think that we will be getting runewords at all. If they ever did that then they would have to give us even more space which is highly unlikely to happen. Also they couldn't call them runewords they might get away with changing them to gemwords. Here is my backstory that I would use to introduce what I would call World Gems.

After Tyrael destroyed the worldstone fragments of it starting appearing everywhere in Sanctuary. After many long years of studying them it was learned that they could empower weapons and armor in a way that no normal magic could. So now heroes will have new weapons and armor to help them push back the darkness that is foretold in the horadric text.

I know that if I knew more about the lore of the game and had more time I could come up with a longer backstory. But you get the idea, you have to change them from runewords because you cannot all of a sudden have runes without changing the name of what we are using for our skills. Changing that might be too big of a change for the players to handle.

That is unless you are removing them from the skills and letting skills have sockets for the runes so they could still function in a similar manner as they do now. But with the added feature of being used as a runeword. Then you would really have something.

My idea is there just in case you want to keep our skills with runes.
08/17/2016 07:24 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I say that they don't need to change the level cap to fix the paragon system. They could keep it at level 70 as cap

They can do whatever they want of course, but then the players with 5k+ paragons will scream "omg, where is my main stat? my char dps is so low now!". Hence the logical 70 -> 80 progression. But anyway, let them first announce the expand, then we'll speculate.
08/17/2016 08:13 AMPosted by Skelos
They can do whatever they want of course, but then the players with 5k+ paragons will scream "omg, where is my main stat? my char dps is so low now!". Hence the logical 70 -> 80 progression. But anyway, let them first announce the expand, then we'll

Speculating on what is possible is what is fun. Just thinking about the possibility of them capping paragon, GRs, and legendary gems. Where the power of the character could not go any higher than GR60. While capping the GRs to level 60. So since there is nothing higher than GR60 and the fact that the monster's health is not that high as it is in GR61+ then that means you don't need all of that power.

You only need more power when the monsters have more health as well as do more damage.
08/15/2016 07:11 AMPosted by LuuMor
They are developing an unannounced Diablo project that will be announced at this year's Blizzcon (20th Diablo year). So 2.4.3 would be my guess.

The "unannounced" project is just a revamp of D2 to use HD sprites and support modern PC's better (see Starcraft HD announcement).

Release notes:

1. Intern accidentally kicked off a build, he's been fired
Eu acredito que seria mais viavel um pequeno pacth 2.4.3
Yang was moved to another project, so was Don Vu. Wyatt probably too, they might not have anyone left simply to work on it. No one knows if there is anyone left simply.

I miss Yang and his passion for the game, really made DH fun to play.
08/15/2016 02:16 AMPosted by Silvern
Realistically, if it's not a major patch (2.5) or content of major patch sufficiency, season 8 is going to be more dead than season 7.

Without new sets, characters, ALOT of new items, the game is just going to continue to stagnate. No-one wants to play 'slightly' modified builds that were run 4 seasons back. (I'm looking at you monks...)

Yup, most of my friends are not playing this season, because nothing new really. I am trying to play through and get my stash tab but it is painful. If there is not much new next patch, I will likely hang it up and hope for announcements of D4 and play Civ 6
Considering how much Wyatt keeps talking about the past in all his recent interviews, instead of future content....I'm going to guess that he's going to rollback the game to patch 2.2 in order to buff the wastes set.

"Remember what we added in patch 2.2? Wasn't it great?"
It's all about Blizzcon now. If there's nothing revealed, I accept that D3 is not getting anything anymore.

Economically wise I think they should've done expansion by now and release it close to Blizzcon in order to sell it a lot before fotorealistic ARPGs would outplay D3, and then take their time to make D4 in ten years because when they make D4, it needs to wipe floor with Lineage Eternal and Lost Ark and their kinds.

I think it's safe to say that if they're going to announce an expansion, it's almost done already because there's no way they would start making one now and release expansion to 2012 game after new arpgs.
09/07/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Ruined
Economically wise I think they should've done expansion by now and release it close to Blizzcon in order to sell it a lot before fotorealistic ARPGs would outplay D3

Marketing wise it's better for them to make bigger pause between D3 exp1 and exp2, so I expect an announcement of D3 second expansion at Blizzcon and potential release at Q3 2017 (aka season 10/11).
Blachthornes for everyone? It is the only one left.
season 8 will probably be just minor update, they are saving stuff for blizzcon
of course 2.5.0 \(^_^)/ yaaay!!!