GNK question.

Monk
Sup guys, I need some advice on GNK with the SWK set.
I am wondering what's better between:
- 89% LTK dmg and 1238% fireball dmg.
- 78% LTK dmg and 1385% fireball dmg.

I read that the fireball does a lot of dmg, but I'm wondering if that makes it better than LTK dmg% Thank you!
Go for LTK dmg first.
Technically speaking higher fireball damage is always better. 1400% + 75% LTK will always beat 1050% + 100% on paper.

In reality 1 LTK doesn't always equal 1 fireball due to a bug with the Rivera Dancers 50% attack speed increase. (which may or may not be real, the only way to tell is if blizzard confirms fireballs don't stack on top of each other and shoot out 2 at a time).

If you want to play it safe then whichever has the higher LTK damage will be "more consistent in practice". But don't be stupid and drop 300% fireball damage for 5% LTK damage assuming they have identical crit/dex/single resistance.

You gain more theoretical DPS by having 0.5% extra crit because it means you maybe wont have to spend ~3 seconds dashing out of melee range if you drop sweeping wind stacks.
08/15/2016 11:10 PMPosted by Glacius
- 89% LTK dmg and 1238% fireball dmg.
- 78% LTK dmg and 1385% fireball dmg.

I read that the fireball does a lot of dmg, but I'm wondering if that makes it better than LTK dmg% Thank you!

Mechanics of Scarbringer and Gyana Fireball:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=25#482

Sort of a round-about answer, but due to the way Gyana & Scarbringer interact and assuming typical melee usage - I vote for the helm with higher LTK damage (~2-3% more damage) assuming they have the same crit/dex and a resist ^_^;

edit: fixed spelling fail and some added napkin maps.
10% LTK vs 147% fireball? I would easily go for fireball assuming other stats are similar.

Seeing how you have davlok saying otherwise I'd trust his answer. But as always try it out in game see what's better.
Fireball by far. It does more damage than LTK and the percent gain in much higher.
I would go for the higher LTK damage, for the reason that the fireball is already so powerful it is going to 1shot things, so for the rest of the kicks you do where your dmg is less it is most helped.

You can only 1 shot so much, all the extra dmg from the fireball is wasted (overkill) above what's needed to 1 shot. so boost the regular kick more or less is what I would go by.