Blizzcon 2016 predictions

General Discussion
08/18/2016 07:45 PMPosted by Sol
No one cares about Diablo because the storyline is horrible and the gameplay is nothing special, the only thing you do is keep running the same RNG rifts from the same obelisk in town.

Which is exactly why we need D4.
08/19/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Tubs
Man, you guys are harsh, take some chill pills, I feel sad for the devs reading this that may or may not actually have some great surprises there, but then they read this and decide "screw these guys, they don´t deserve it", and then give up and end up doing exactly what you posted above

Have some faith or at least be more optmistic, let it come, and then bring your hate (or not) after it´s over. What you are doing here doesn´t encourage or help anyone to do a better job (even though Micia´s prediction was pretty funny)

They're a billion dollar company. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Why should I? They already have everybody's money with D3(myself included).

If they can't handle seeing people being negative, then it sounds to me like they don't belong in this business/line of work.
Blizzard is keeping their cards way too close to the chest. All we have are rumors and a little bit of stream trolling by Quin during gamescom about D4. Who knows if ANYTHING will be announced in the end. The way I see it, D3 will die a slow painful death, but D4 or D2 remake will be announced but won't come out until 2018 at the earliest.

Even a MMOARPG with a tiny fraction of D3's already shrinking playerbase in Marvel Heroes was able to hire more people and they're constantly at work adding content and reworking their systems. One of their devs is practically foaming at the mouth wanting to say the upcoming content they want to release, but has to wait it out until time is right. And whether you like or hate that game (along with others like PoE), fact of the matter is - those games within the same genre are growing. Whereas D3 is losing staff and basically community morale is pretty low and people just want a new game to take place in Diablo's universe instead of D3 resuming.
Everyone see Blizzard's tweet?!

I'll bet big $$$ we get Diablo news at Blizzcon.
My prediction: NOT an expansion, NOT D4, but instead an amalgamation of all 3 diablo games in 1. You can play as any character type from all 3 games, items drop based on the game your character is from, and all locations from all 3 are playable with all characters. Druids can play with Witch Doctors, etc.
08/18/2016 07:34 PMPosted by Hypersonic
We all remember last years blizzcon where the D3 booth was in the far back corner next to the bathrooms!

The running joke was the booth was smaller than the nearest bathroom.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/october/blizzcon2015Map.png

A BIG THANKS for this map link!
Showed it to my friends and we couldn't stop laughing at the small insignificant D3 booth!!! The titles on the map alone was hilarious!
We literally timed each other on how fast a person would find the D3 booth on the map among all those other HUGE game titles! LOL !!!!
i'm going with 75% chance they talk about d2 re-release, .01% chance d4, 0% d3 expansion
Jay Wilson has been hired back and will lead the diablo 4 project.
08/22/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Kwyjibo
Jay Wilson has been hired back and will lead the diablo 4 project.
Not just NO but HELL NO ! ! !
I predict whoever goes to Blizzcon will have a good time if not a great one!

I try not to have any expectations when going to an event.

Expectations tend to ruin anything they come across. :)
08/20/2016 06:53 PMPosted by Cofu
08/19/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Tubs
Man, you guys are harsh, take some chill pills, I feel sad for the devs reading this that may or may not actually have some great surprises there, but then they read this and decide "screw these guys, they don´t deserve it", and then give up and end up doing exactly what you posted above

Have some faith or at least be more optmistic, let it come, and then bring your hate (or not) after it´s over. What you are doing here doesn´t encourage or help anyone to do a better job (even though Micia´s prediction was pretty funny)

They're a billion dollar company. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. Why should I? They already have everybody's money with D3(myself included).

If they can't handle seeing people being negative, then it sounds to me like they don't belong in this business/line of work.

I think Jay Wilson's " F*&% that loser" comment and all the rest of the Diablo team's comment on the facebook page a while ago was proof they can't handle even constructive criticism from anybody, even if the criticism is politely said by the person who pretty much created the franchise.
2.4.5 50%
2.5 30%
3.0 19%
D4 1%
08/18/2016 07:21 PMPosted by Wilson
Where do you predict the booth will be this year? Will its size be bigger or smaller than last year?

Considering all the exciting things that has happened in the past year, I'm surprised they even had a booth.

So what to expect of the coming year - well if no D4 I'd be surprised if they have a booth at all, maybe a computer where you can look at the website and see all the cool stuff that has happened.

If they have a proper Diablo title on the cooking, then a grand show could happen and take all attention. Their job postings however suggests that it's going nowhere.
So people are predicting Diablo 4 announcement? I say thats unlikely.

D3 came out in May of 2012, correct? Thats not enough time to call it a night and start a new one, even if most opinions view D3 as a disappointment.

D2 remake? How would that work exactly? Honestly, graphics are a pretty big thing for me. I would hate to start at those crappy graphics for hours on end. Not to mention the clunky playstyle... I mean, its a curious idea. Would it make them more money than a D3 expansion or D4? Eh...I don't think so. I look at it this way...you hear everyone clamor with nostalgia for the good old days concerning whatever games they are interested in. And then when they get something even resembling the good old days, they find out that it doesn't work in today's environment. Wildstar tried to go back in time to Vanilla WoW with attunements, 40 man raids, etc. People like myself said that it won't work and people are looking at it with rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. Once they get a dose of reality, they'll turn on the game. And they did. And Wildstar is sunk. Desiring to go back to anything resembling D2 is a step backward and you'll realize it after the fact.

What intrigues me is, possibly, a Diablo MMO? Imagine this game, all its lore with all of the lords of hell...all of the characters we've come across.. in a dark, grim, MMO open and persistent world. Nothing bright and poppy like WoW is...a dark and ugly world where humanity tatters on the brink of annihilation. Imagine fighting Siegebreaker or Diablo in a raid environment. Or the Skeleton king as a dungeon boss. This intrigues me more than anything. Would pre order in a heart beat.
08/18/2016 07:21 PMPosted by Wilson
We all remember last years blizzcon where the D3 booth was Smaller than the bathrooms! And hidden in the far back corner barley even recognizable on the map!

What's even worse is that it was next to the pet adoptions! They had to use cute kittens to get you to see the Diablo 3 booth. Every other blizzard game, even Starcraft had booths/arena's 10-20x the size of the d3 booth.

Where do you predict the booth will be this year? Will its size be bigger or smaller than last year?

My prediction: The D3 booth will be located in the far back corner of the blizzcon parking lot, using up a single parking spot.

I think it ill be in the bathroom. More precisely in the small basket next to the toilet.
08/18/2016 07:34 PMPosted by Hypersonic
We all remember last years blizzcon where the D3 booth was in the far back corner next to the bathrooms!

The running joke was the booth was smaller than the nearest bathroom.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2015/october/blizzcon2015Map.png

holy !@#$ it took me a couple of minutes to find it...
What can we expect:
D4: ok, what does it mean for D3? Seasons with even minor patches than 2.4.2 that will last for halfyear+, because everybody will be working on new project and no attention to current game.
D3 exp: kill Diablo one more time? Even in the same game? Yeah, I know, we can kill same bosses in WoW, but there was a huge time gap between. 4 years a little to early.
2.5: not a huge news. New goblins, new cosmetics, set reworks, wizards gonna be broken, bugs not fixed and Wyatt talking about past and greatest of their creations - set dungeons.

And after all. Do you really want new project from devs that lead game to current state? Devs that smile at your face while presenting nothing.
08/19/2016 10:07 AMPosted by Coleslaw
Don't give up boys! Just have hope....have.....hope....

have.........hope.

hope......

keep hoping......

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.lol