Jade 2pc

Witch Doctor
@WD’s

2pc Jade Set bonus does 120 secs worth of Haunt on an already Haunted monster. Haunt itself does 40000% over 12 secs.

Does that mean when you Haunt a haunted monster, it does 40,000% weapon damage? That sounds huge….am I reading it wrong?

Sorry if i sound noob...I'm noob to WD.... :>
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the result calculates from a 40000% weapon damage increase.

Work out what the 4000% damage amount per second is and multiply it by 120. Don't multiply the percentage.

For example;

4000/12=333.33333

Lets assume that 333.333% weapon damage equals 1000

1000 (damage) * 120 (secs) = 120,000

120,000 damage would be the resulting amount.

The normal amount of damage would be 12,000 (1000 * 12)

That's how I interpret it so I hope this helps. If I'm wrong, please correct me....and be nice about it :P
@SightedNZ, after your round-about calculations, you still come back to 40,000% weapon damage, exactly in line with Ryoka's number.

@Ryoka, yes Jade2 has that instant effect, and it can crit.
The only issue about hybrid gearing is the stats needed on each gear slot will conflict (e.g. %Haunt or %Poison).
Let's say you stack Haunt and Poison on a Garg HT hybrid. Your Garg does half damage compared to other players who stack %Garg and %Cold. Optimized gearing always stacks all multipliers. Can your Haunt+Garg out-damage other players' Garg?

IMO, Jade2 was designed against single targets, a situation where Jade6 is weak due to cooldown and lack of mob grouping. Think of the set components where each ability has its own role and purpose.
I knew I can always count on Paul to answer my queries :>

I’m not looking to optimize gear, but to optimize DB’s.

Assuming this data is correct -> www.D3resource.com/difficulties

Helltooth6 might be able to T13 with ease, but I only have 25% to get a 3rd death’s breath. Whereas some form of hybrid with Sages Set can do T10 with 50% to drop 3x DB.

Just brainsotmring ideas now :>
08/18/2016 09:49 PMPosted by PaulNg
@SightedNZ, after your round-about calculations, you still come back to 40,000% weapon damage, exactly in line with Ryoka's number.

Hmm, I probably should have checked that at the end, it was written in a hurry, haha. /embarrassed
I made a fun-wd (in europe):

2pc jade + legend. and only spamming haunt as main damage source.
TXIII playable.
GR 70 done.

Haunt-nuke is hitting very hard.