Is the diablo franchise dead?

General Discussion
I feel like the damage done by Jay Wilson cannot be reversed. EVER. All my friends won't even TOUCH this franchise anymore... they say they'd rather double their credit card spending than ever play a diablo game...

What can blizz possibly do?
Bring back patch 1.08. That was awesomeness!
d4+d2hd
08/25/2016 10:51 PMPosted by Enigma
I feel like the damage done by Jay Wilson cannot be reversed.

what !?
and what damage exactly is it ?
Bring back trading, AH and reduce drop rate like 100x times. And it will be the good game again.
hardly dead.. every new season brings back everyone for a solid month or two (take yourself for example). The release of this season coinciding with the end of Overwatch season 1 also helped :-)
yes d3 is dead but i doubt diablo franchise is dead. it depends on the next title if it does well and stuff.
08/25/2016 11:35 PMPosted by WizarD
what !?
and what damage exactly is it ?

He means Diablo 3.

On topic now, the diablo franchise although heavily tarnished, i believe is not dead. D3 on the other hand is dead because blizzard dropped support for future content. If the next game in the diablo franchise is indeed D4, then they need to make amends with the community which they snubbed and mocked all these years.
The overly critical minority on the forums accounts for a mere fraction of the fanbase.

No, the franchise is not dead.

If you think it is there is ZERO reason to be on the forums posting about the game. Move on to something else. It's a game, if you don't enjoy it then don't play it. End of story.
Why is the Diablo franchise so important to you? It's just a game ffs...
08/25/2016 11:06 PMPosted by MerLock
Bring back patch 1.08. That was awesomeness!

this ^^
it would be a shame if they announce d4 now. it would make much more sense if there's another expansion for d3. This game still has tons of potential. They just need to listen to the community on some of the good changes.