Game not starting up.

Technical Support
Diablo 3 won't start up after i press the Play button in the Launcher.

It says the game is running in the bottom of the launcher, but will not actually open. The problem started today. Is anyone else having problems like this and is there a fix?
Having this problem
same here
Yes my game is doing the same and it also does it for the ptr version also. Shows the logo then says game is running but it's no where to be seen.
Same here.. glad its not just me. Probably a problem on blizz's end.
Got mine to work by trying something from another thread. Delete battlenet folder from your program files directory. Launch diablo from the launcher and reinstall battlenet. Disable streaming from your game settings. Mine worked after that. Good luck!
HERE IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE Do not do what Nemo said at all! Just go to the battle.net box and click on setting in the menu box top left. Then go to streaming and simply unclick enable. Then click play and game should show again. It's simple as that. Problem solved.
Yep, not working for me.
I deleted my diablo 3 folder and did a fresh install before trying Nemo's fix. That said, the fresh install did not work. I quit out of everything and did the settings update (turn off streaming), quit the launcher, and when I relaunched the game was working again.
the same here!!
got it to WORK!!! i disable streaming in my game setting.
Worked for me also. Something is obviously wrong with the new streaming feature.
I just found the best way to do it
task manager lookingfor the one
taking most memory and then click diablo 3 and end task
Can't get it to work.
Tried to delete D3 folder.
Disabled streaming and saved changes.
Logged off and on to my Battle.Net account again.

Now I am able to play on the PTR server only (thou it looks quite weird in the graphics) but NOT on my European server. It seems like it happened after a Windows 10 update the day before yesterday.

All it tells me is "the game is running" and the "launch game" button is greyed out for the same reason whenever I start up the launcher.

What to do next?
I tried all the above with no luck...I used device manager and updated my graphics driver and i'm on
08/26/2016 10:48 PMPosted by Overkill
HERE IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE Do not do what Nemo said at all! Just go to the battle.net box and click on setting in the menu box top left. Then go to streaming and simply unclick enable. Then click play and game should show again. It's simple as that. Problem solved.

this worked for me
The same problem as Torep

Can't get it to work.
Disabled streaming and saved changes.
Logged off and on to my Battle.Net account again.

It seems like it happened after a Windows 10 update the day before yesterday.

All it tells me is "the game is running" and the "launch game" button is greyed out for the same reason whenever I start up the launcher.

can anybody help me?
I am having same problem need help
reset your game settings in the options and disable streaming
I Changed to 32 bit Client in the Game Setting section of Battle.net settings and it worked for me after trying all these other fixes