D4 NO&D3 EXP NO => Overhauled D2:LOD ?

General Discussion
My bet is there is not going to be any D4, clearly no D3 expansion so that leaves us with D2:LOD overhauled by up to date graphics and improved gameplay...

What do you guys think?
08/23/2016 12:07 PMPosted by elPadron
What do you guys think?

Not worth it. Game play is too clunky and if they change anything but the graphics it wouldn't be D2 and players would hate it.

Not to mention

"I already have D2, why would I pay for it again?"
I'm pretty sure they're making an updated D2, but it's not gonna be a "remake". Gonna be the exact same game from what I heard, but just a bit updated (BIGGER STASH FINALLY???).

They plan on refurbishing a lot of their old titles. I think it's awesome.

However the hiring they've made do not make sense for that type of project, and I don't know why they'd make a whole new game called D2.

I wouldn't take that Vine report seriously if that's where you got the idea from. Total garbage source. They're about as reliable as buzzfeed or a blog.
15% possible in my opinion.

Blizzard has never really been known to remaster a game they made. they'll update it for 20 years straight, but never rebuild to resell. That being said Activision get's the final say on marketing and they are known to remaster games quite frequently. I sincerely doubt a remade D2 will ever come out unless Activision thinks development costs would be a thousand fold lower than estimated sales.
If it was/is D2 HD why would you put out new patches for compatibility issues on the older version hmm?
08/23/2016 01:16 PMPosted by AshyLarry
Gonna be the exact same game from what I heard, but just a bit updated

Heard? From who?
08/23/2016 01:16 PMPosted by AshyLarry
I'm pretty sure they're making an updated D2, but it's not gonna be a "remake". Gonna be the exact same game from what I heard, but just a bit updated (BIGGER STASH FINALLY???).

They plan on refurbishing a lot of their old titles. I think it's awesome.

However the hiring they've made do not make sense for that type of project, and I don't know why they'd make a whole new game called D2.

I wouldn't take that Vine report seriously if that's where you got the idea from. Total garbage source. They're about as reliable as buzzfeed or a blog.

They'll bank hard on D2. Making a shared stash for your account and improved pvp functions would alone cause a huge quake in the Diablo community. Mhm, getting my key farming shoes out.
08/23/2016 12:42 PMPosted by Exodus
Not worth it. Game play is too clunky and if they change anything but the graphics it wouldn't be D2 and players would hate it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Its not 2001 anymore, players have different expectations of what a game should be. You see a lot of nostalgia for D2 on these forums, but the gameplay certain posters hold up as the golden age of Diablo is way to grind oriented for a modern audience (level a whole new toon to fix misplaced skill/stat points, really?).

More imporately though, remastering D2 while D3 is still an active title (again, despite the opinion of certain forum posters) would not bring more players to Blizzard. There would be a great initial sales boost granted, but D2 and D3 would be competing for the same player population, which would weaken Blizzards numbers vs. competitor ARPG games. Not a good thing.
I would prefer a D2 HD remake over a D3 xpac but not over D4 personally.
They should offer a Stand Alone copy of D3 and let Mod Creators, Like Brother LAZ, create a complete overhaul of this game, like he did with D2.
Most players hate anything that has to do with purchasing something, but I for one, would buy it.
08/23/2016 12:07 PMPosted by elPadron
What do you guys think?
I am thinking "NO" : >
F*** D2
08/24/2016 06:59 AMPosted by Shanso
F*** D2

I found Jay Wilson guys!
enjoy your HD diablo 2, complete with auction house, housing, and bind on pickup
Do NOT ask them to "improve" gameplay of Diablo 2 if they make a HD version. You will not like the "improvements" they will make.

To be honest, the only thing they should touch is the graphics, because those guys got some talent. Blizz art devs make amazing work every damn game, the others though... their work is questionable.