Legendary Gem

Wizard
Is there any consensus on which gems are the absolute best for Wizard, specifically the Tal Rasha set?

I've currently using Bane of the Powerful, Bane of the Trapped, and Gem of Efficacious Toxin.

For Bane of the Trapped I'm using the Legendary Power of Etch Sigil to caste Blizzard (Frozen Solid Rune) whilst casting my Disintegrate so enemies at range are slowed and suffer the increased damage.

Bane of the Powerful and Gem of Efficacious Toxin pretty much speak for themselves but I was wondering if I should use something else. Like Bane of the Stricken, Taeguk, Zei's Stone of Vengeance, or Pain Enhancer.
A couple quick steps for you

1) Read the affixes on your legendary items
2) Repeat step one
3) Put meteor on your bar
4) NEVER run more than one sig spell on a build. Ever. For no reason.
5) Repeat step one

You have a couple ways you can go, you seem to want to run a ranged channeling, but have the weapon that facilitates a close range Spectral Blades build (which is viable up to T13)

Let us know which one you intend to run, because legendary gem choice changes significantly depending your route.

For a ranged channeling build - Trapped, Zeis, Taeguk/Powerful - Taeguk if you have the channeling belt and can perma channel, Powerful if you are speed farming and can kill elites quickly enough

For melee SB, Simplicity Strength, Trapped, Pain Enhancer/Defensive Gem/Powerful.
Tal Rashas Elements? Bane of the Powerful ∩ •́ヮ•̀)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚PEW*
08/27/2016 07:37 AMPosted by Gbrav13

2) Repeat step one
5) Repeat step one

You have a couple ways you can go, you seem to want to run a ranged channeling, but have the weapon that facilitates a close range Spectral Blades build (which is viable up to T13)

Let us know which one you intend to run, because legendary gem choice changes significantly depending your route.

For a ranged channeling build - Trapped, Zeis, Taeguk/Powerful - Taeguk if you have the channeling belt and can perma channel, Powerful if you are speed farming and can kill elites quickly enough

For melee SB, Simplicity Strength, Trapped, Pain Enhancer/Defensive Gem/Powerful.

Thanks for the advice, not sure why you felt the need to talk down to me with your "repeat step X" comment. Maybe your tone just isn't translating well.

As for the multiple Signature spells, I use them to tick the full elemental spectrum on Tal Rasha's set without spending Arcane.
08/27/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Virgo4Ever
08/27/2016 07:37 AMPosted by Gbrav13

2) Repeat step one
5) Repeat step one

Thanks for the advice, not sure why you felt the need to talk down to me with your "repeat step X" comment. Maybe your tone just isn't translating well.

As for the multiple Signature spells, I use them to tick the full elemental spectrum on Tal Rasha's set without spending Arcane.

Wasnt trying to be rude, you have my apologies if I came across that way.

In your case, it was actually intended as literal advice. You have several legendary items that boost your damage in significant ways, for instance your meteor boots can boost damage by up to 4.5X. In addition, you seemed to be far enough along to ask which legendary gems to use, which isnt a question a brand new player would ask, so your build/gear/question doesnt match up.

If you arent wedded to your build, here is an example of a decent end game approximation of a channeling Tal rasha build. It can push into the mid 70's very easily, which is more than enough for the stash tab.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gbrav13-1250/hero/37794097

Edit: Just saw your reasoning behind the signatures. There are several items/passives which will drastically reduce your arcane power costs/restore it more rapidly. There are also several skills which can be cast without breaking channel : EB and Frost nova, frozen mist. Both of which can grant a stack.
There is never a consensus, since different gems serve different purposes, even with the same set and gear, depending on your teammates and what you're doing (GR vs neph, what level, etc).

Bane of the Trapped is a great gem, can't go wrong with that.

Bane of the Powerful is better than Stricken for the most part, until you start pushing into high GRs where the boss takes so long to kill and the Powerful buff drops off.

Toxin is good in group play if nobody else has one, but so too is Iceblink (Iceblink has the additional advantage of increasing APoC returns). Unless they got nerfed and I didn't know about it. :p

Zei gives the biggest damage buff for long ranged builds. But most wizards play short ranged builds, so you're more likely to see it on UE DH's than on a wiz, but for your build, perhaps it could replace Toxin or Iceblink in solo. You'd have to try it and see. :)
If you're not sure the answer is almost always Trapped, Stricken, Powerful. Sometimes you can drop Powerful for Zei's Stone of Vengeance if you're a Demon hunter, but that's about it.

also something something speedfarming builds, but don't worry about those too much untilo you're like paragon 1000 and you're looking for bounty materials.