Why I can't find games? Is there no players??

General Discussion
09/20/2016 05:35 PMPosted by Gurudas
05/08 or 08/05 are not the same:

Incorrect. In Europe, indeed in most of the rest of the world, they use a DAY/MONTH/YEAR format, instead of MONTH/DAY/YEAR.

So they are in fact the same date
09/20/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Gurudas
Actually, Season 7 started September 5th. Exactly a month and a half ago.

please stop posting; you are in a different reality, and your responses are meaningless to any human on this forum.

thank you.

ENOUGH!
09/17/2016 04:50 PMPosted by Mack
So, season 7 started on 05/08/2016, about one and a half month ago, I just started playing and I can't find any games on T6, I know a lot of players might be high level already, but that is not a explanation, since some months ago when I was playing it was a lot easier to find games, even on T1

As a Season marches on, it's natural for more and more players to be challenging higher difficulties, which can make it harder to find people in public games who are playing at lower difficulty levels.

That said, here are a few options if you're joining later in the Season and need a hand:

• Find a friend to play with
  • Join a Clan or Community

Both of these can yield results, particularly if you're in a Clan or Community (or broadcast a message to your friends list) and don't mind asking for help.

Even if people won't take a drop in difficulty to play, many won't mind joining up to help you tackle a slightly higher difficulty. Hope that helps, and good luck in your search!
[quote="207472900164"]

Both of these can yield results, particularly if you're in a Clan or Community (or broadcast a message to your friends list) and don't mind asking for help.

Even if people won't take a drop in difficulty to play, many won't mind joining up to help you tackle a slightly higher difficulty. Hope that helps, and good luck in your search!

That's my FAVORITE part of Diablo is that difference between it and World of Warcraft. In WoW, Blizzard went through extraordinary efforts to nerf higher level players giving lower level peeps a free ride or more chances for good loot. In Diablo the friend to reach the high level tiers first simply has more power to help his lower level friend gear up.

Best way to play this game "casual" is to make good friends with the hardcore players, LOL!
09/23/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Tyvalir
09/17/2016 04:50 PMPosted by Mack
So, season 7 started on 05/08/2016, about one and a half month ago, I just started playing and I can't find any games on T6, I know a lot of players might be high level already, but that is not a explanation, since some months ago when I was playing it was a lot easier to find games, even on T1

As a Season marches on, it's natural for more and more players to be challenging higher difficulties, which can make it harder to find people in public games who are playing at lower difficulty levels.

That said, here are a few options if you're joining later in the Season and need a hand:

Or, you know, they're bored with the 3rd season in a row of the same thing, and quit early / didn't even bother to play this season.

Or they simply can't log on / stay logged on.
09/23/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Tyvalir
As a Season marches on, it's natural

It's not natural Tyvalir, it's just that the current PARAGON system is totally killing the reasons to start a character mid season. This paragon system is UNNATURAL in any possible way. The natural is more and more people to start playing the season as it progresses, not the opposite. If it happens for you to read this, please redirect it to the right people. And do NOT ever say it is natural, if you don't equal bad game design with natural.

P.S. Do not consider my replay as offending in any sense. The capped/bolded words are not displaying anger. They are there to turn on your attention on a problem that had to be solved long time ago.
Paragon levels ruin any sense of community. A 500 paragon character will not want to play with a low paragon due to being able to naturally handle higher Grifts/torments. Paragon levels were a !@#$ing horrible idea from the start and they are still a horrible idea. All they do is increase the distance between power levels of all players.
I have friends and I'm in a clan, but they don't play anymore. Can you make them play the game Blizzard? Can you? Pretty please?
So many people are just doing season for the stashtab. I got it in under 5 days. I managed to play the game litte bit more after that. But after 1k paragon the game became "farm paragon like mad man everyday" or "just stop playing til next season cuz you will never have a chance on the leaderboard". Don't even try the "just play for fun" cuz doing same things over and over again isn't fun anymore after 1k paragon.
09/20/2016 05:33 PMPosted by HELLBOUNDMAN
09/19/2016 06:33 PMPosted by noQuarter

This is why it's hard to find people. That many difficulties is absurd.

Should have never added more torment levels, just adjust the ones we had to compensate for the power creep.

Also, they should remove some of the levels before torments.

This isn't entirely true.
While there may be too many levels, thus spreading people out; The problem is that all combined there's maybe 100-150 active players, and that's on a really good day.

While reducing the amount of difficulty levels would help, it would also make things worse while in group as you would get more campers and more people running levels they're not ready for.

if your numbers are to be believed as accurate, our clan makes up roughly 1/2 - 1/3 of the active player base as we have around 50 members and had at least 27 on at one point tonight, and you get removed from the clan after 10 consecutive days inactive lol so we're definitely active.
09/23/2016 05:41 PMPosted by Shinespark
Paragon levels ruin any sense of community. A 500 paragon character will not want to play with a low paragon due to being able to naturally handle higher Grifts/torments. Paragon levels were a !@#$ing horrible idea from the start and they are still a horrible idea. All they do is increase the distance between power levels of all players.

Paragon worked perfectly fine in Vanilla, because it didn't give character power. It gave "time power" to players, which is as equally important..but doesn't alter the dynamic of group play or game progression. The only terrible part about the old paragon system was it being hooked to your character, instead of your account like it is now.

Paragon needs to go back to benefiting "cosmetic" things, not player power.

That way players still benefit from continued gameplay, but it doesn't affect their desire to group with other players, who can be at the top, or which builds can be "Play it your way".

In my opinion:

Break up the "themed tabs" , they're pointless.
We don't need 4 tabs of 4 stats each, just make one single window.
And while we are at it, get rid of the pointless 50 point cap ( or at least extend it to 200 points )

• Gold Find: up to 400%
  • Magic Find: up to 100%
  • XP Find: up to 100%
  • Pickup Radius: up to 40 yards. ( Make it cap at 20 for WD skills )
  • Run Speed: up to 50%
  • Item Find: up to 100% ( Increases quantity of drops )
  • Resurrection Cooldown: up to 50% ( Reduces timer for character / followers )
  • Rare Spawn Find: up to 100% ( Increased chance of Rares, Goblins, etc. )
  • Quest Reward: up to 100% ( More xp, gold, materials, etc. for Quest / Bounty / Rift )
  • Class Drops: up to 60% ( Reduces "Smart loot" chance. 75% class drops vs 15% )
  • -
    To name just some off the top of my head as bonuses that players could want, but doesn't adversely affect the game in any way ( just gives "time" to the player ).

It pushes the importance of player power back into the items themselves, not some grandfathering system that more often works as a "Gear Score" check rather than it's intended purpose. While also not trivializing / ruining the paragon system in doing so. ( Because, as pointed out, the original paragon system did just this, and it was great; just not user friendly )
    In my time it was easy to find tons of ppl in any lvl...i guess since than the game lost its playerbase so now u have to play in silent hill :D
    The reason it is so hard to find players is that blizzard made a bunch of unpleasant changes and so a lot of people quit playing early in this season either after they got the stash tab, or having quickly got sick the game as a result of the changes.
    09/24/2016 12:18 AMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
    09/20/2016 05:33 PMPosted by HELLBOUNDMAN

This isn't entirely true.
    While there may be too many levels, thus spreading people out; The problem is that all combined there's maybe 100-150 active players, and that's on a really good day.

While reducing the amount of difficulty levels would help, it would also make things worse while in group as you would get more campers and more people running levels they're not ready for.

if your numbers are to be believed as accurate, our clan makes up roughly 1/2 - 1/3 of the active player base as we have around 50 members and had at least 27 on at one point tonight, and you get removed from the clan after 10 consecutive days inactive lol so we're definitely active.

Yes, but this does not imply that all you active members are in open games.
    Clans typically run in closed groups, or solo.
    Kinda defeats the purpose of being in a clan if you're running pubs all the time.

Open pub games are what I was referring to.
    I play almost exclusively pre-torment 7 difficulties, just to help newbies out. While I enjoy doing regular/populated tX-t13, personally I get nothing out of them, as I have all items and materials And when I say help lower difficulties, I don't mean steamroll everything so they kill nothing. I mean slow-roll and play along side people, while still being awesome. Just don't be an *##!@**%!* and everything is fun and turns out well.
    I like doing this as well.. If anyone needs help hit me up on NA servers
    Go play Diablo 2, there u will find more ppl to play with, while even less play... Sounds insane? FeelsNaturalMan
    Necro is not just an upcoming D3 toon