A New Wave of Noobs Necroing Posts

General Discussion
What's with all the noobs, with one post, necroing threads from 2012?

Don't they realize that the game has changed radically from that time, and any information contained in those threads is obsolete, invalid, and downright misleading?
I enjoy the comical ones where people offer current solutions to 4 year old questions...
^^ And thus arises the inquiry that Obi-Wan Kenobi would pose;

"Who is the bigger noob; the noob who necro's the question, or the noob who answers him?"
I find it hard to believe many of them are digging back through dozens of pages of forum just to answer an old question (aside from that guy that was mass necro'ing on a daily basis awhile back). I'd be willing to bet most of them are googling for info about something they need help with, and linking directly into an old post.

Doesn't excuse them for not looking at the timestamp, but at least makes it a bit less ludicrous that they ended up in the topic to begin with.
Well... you answered you own question in your own OP.
They are noobs and as such do not know exactly how things go quite yet.

Kind of like when you're a noob at something and are ignorant and unawares.
They should just auto lock any topic a year old.

This will also prevent trolls who just necro topics for the hell of it.
They are just desperate to play Necromancer in D3 --- so they play the Forum Necromancer class.
Suggest web design team set forum threads to auto-lock once 6 months inactive.

04 Sep 2011
Necroing is a pain. Its usually rezzing topics that are no longer applicable; relics of a previous patch. Especially when the threads rezzed are pre-cataclysm threads.

One thing that can be done is threads should lock after a long period of inactivity. Threads that are stickied could be immune to this. Otherwise, after a month I believe threads should be locked, and left to die in page 400 or however deep within the forums of yesteryear.
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2624784234

Apr 24, 2014
It's quite stupid that an auto-lock system isn't implemented if necros are such a big deal.

All it takes is a simple cron job that runs every night at 3am: Update Threads set Locked=True where LastPost > 30 days or whatever time period is considered a necro.

No more Blues having to waste time locking necros.
No more forum police raging about necros.
No more trolls necroing threads.
No more legitimately accidental necros.
No more confusion as to what a necro even is (because they will no longer exist).

Seriously, it really is that simple.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12646904607?page=1

========
Another topic but similar is that Blizzard should add error code lookup to both Battlenet Launcher and Bnet forums. Make it easy for players to read about errors, frequently asked questions, and solutions.
09/06/2016 06:06 PMPosted by SilverFox
Another topic but similar is that Blizzard should add error code lookup to both Battlenet Launcher and Bnet forums. Make it easy for players to read about errors, frequently asked questions, and solutions.

You can already do that on the Support site via the link at the top right. I do agree on locking old threads though.
In this game necroing threads really doesn't work .
They've been told in game to google questions instead of asking them, so now they're using google. Problem is they don't know how old the threads are when they bump them.

No, this is not personal experience.
09/06/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Friday
In this game necroing threads really doesn't work .
Depends what you mean by 'work'.

It certainly annoys a lot of people. It gets people who can't read time stamps to respond as though it's a new thread. It gets attention for doing the minimum needed for a successful troll.

Some people just like being dicks. Not much you can do about it except don't bite when they dangle that juicy hook in front of you.