Voice for female Wizard is horribly annoying

General Discussion
I started to play the female Wizard but her voice is so annoying I find it impossible to look past. The female Demon Hunter voice is great and soothing. The female Wizard's voice makes me cringe like fingernails on a chalkboard. I am officially requesting a patch that would allow us to allow us to choose a different voice for her!
You know she's supposed to sound Asian like.

Jiansai is Oriental in lore and design.
I think she is supposed to sound like japanese manga character, but she sounds like a spoiled american brat. Annoying? Most def. Haha. Downvoted by the spoiled brats who play wiz, ofc.
Play male wiz. prob. solved.
She's Azula from avatar. good god she's done a ton of voices! look at her resume!
People play with sound on?
I love her voice, shes cocky and a bit sexy.
09/03/2016 06:35 AMPosted by Tchevs

I agree, but maybe the visuals are influencing your perception? Do you think you would feel the same if the voice was coming from Ghom?
Actually, I'm not sure whether it's the female Wizard's voice that bothers me, like you said, or if it's her dialogue that bothers me most. But. it seems like EVERY time I score a massacre bonus of ten-or-more monsters, she has to shout something arrogant. Who's she talking to? Herself. What if the other monsters hear her? Shh.

Seriously, the female Wizard's voice is the reason why I turned down dialogue volume to the point where I strain myself every time I have to hear quest dialogue. Oh, well.
09/03/2016 06:35 AMPosted by Tchevs
Yeah. I like her voice as well. But what I don't like is how ham-fisted the writing is with many of her lines. Some are so totally out of character. Then again, the writing is pretty terrible across the board considering they had ten years to write it. But the wizards is more jarring than most of the other characters.
It's one of the reasons why I don't like Wizards. Their voice lines are just pretty annoying. The girl sounds like a preppy spoiled brat, and the guy sounds like an insufferable douchebag who's face I'd love to fill with my boot.

Also, bring back the old female DH voice actress. The new one is incredibly fake. The character lost a lot of it's original wittiness with this change, which is quite a shame.
She's arrogant and one of the best in their league, if you follow the lore. Li Ming in Hots is also arrogant, and makes part of their character. And honestly, the skill cap to play a good wizard is one of the highest. "If this were easy, everyone would do it".

And no, is not because of her appearance that i find it attractive. I like the arrogant way she has, and how she can confirm that, not being all talking sh*t but weak.
They probably nerfed the coolness of female DH so that she would be more in line with wuz. But DH still has tons of attitude in comparison. Spoiled brat VS do-it-yourself femme fatale. I know what I prefer.
09/03/2016 03:25 AMPosted by GodessAthena
I started to play the female Wizard but her voice is so annoying I find it impossible to look past.

There's something wrong with your ears then, unless you hear with your eyes.
I support this message.
09/03/2016 06:06 AMPosted by Speckoh
She's Azula from avatar. good god she's done a ton of voices! look at her resume!

She's also the voice for Nova from Starcraft! Mind blown, honestly ... truly.
I love the voice of the female wizard. She's arrogant, has spunk, and sounds Asian which is exactly how the wizard has been portrayed in lore. It's pretty sexy.

I absolutely hate the voice of the female monk though. She sounds Russian, which doesn't make any sense at all to me. I never heard of any Russian monks before. When I think of a Monk, I think of an oriental martial artist, not some Russian bear-wrestler. Also when the female monk talks about Yitar, it sounds so forced like she doesn't even believe the Yitar stuff herself. There's no conviction in her voice. And unlike other characters that say that "I can't do this yet" when a skill is on cool-down, the monk says "that ability is not yet recharged" which feels like the monk knows she's in a game and breaking the 4th wall, thus ruining the immersion. It's really a shame because I actually like how the female monk looks in-game, just absolutely hate her voice.
09/03/2016 06:14 AMPosted by Shivera
People play with sound on?

People play with sound off?
I hate the female wizard´s voice too. However, the female monk probably has the worst voice of them all, because she sounds like a Russian grandmother lol.
The female wizard is my favorite voice actor in the game. Her dialogue is absolutely over the top arrogant and full of herself, but if you have read the character story that is exactly who she is.

I can agree however that the arrogance can get a bit old. Frankly I find every character's lines get old after a while.