Anyone tried LoN LTK in GR progression?

Monk
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
I'm undecided if I want to play LON LTK, SWK LTK or R6 generator.

I played both SWK and R6 and they are both very squishy. SWK seems very annoying keeping the sweeping wind up.

How's LON LTK fare? Is it just as squishy as SWK and R6? I can imagine the play style of LON LTK to be less retarded without the stupid 3 stacks of sweeping wind.

I presume also the damage output of SWK and LON are similar.
I geared up all 3 till I got them to GR77 at around paragon 750. R6 and SWK took 11 ancient pieces, and LON needed about 10 of the "right" pieces. LON LTK is less squishy than SWK and a lot less squishy than R6. It's damage output is slightly lower than SWK at a similar gear level, and finding the pieces can be more frustrating. But it's (a lot) easier to play. I think I'd pick LON over SWK almost unconditionally if you're up for finding the pieces, though. As far as I can tell, there are two cases where you might want to take R6 over LON. The first is if you want to play DPS while pushing GR's in a group, and the second is if you care about getting the highest spot on the leaderboard possible. R6 seems to reward a lucky rift more, but the LTK builds are more consistent IMHO. Otherwise, it's much better than R6 for T10-T13 rifts, <GR70 speed runs, bounties, etc, and getting good gear for the LTK builds makes all of this stuff go by much faster while also improving solo GR's.
I prefer LoN LTK :) best multipurpose build ever.
Swk is just a pain to play and R6 is more group friendly when you get to 80+

Nothing really compare to LoN though(for me). I can do 70's below 3 min and 80's ard 5 min. Best was 3.57.
last i checked leaderboards LoN was at gr 97.
What is LoN?
12/11/2016 10:36 AMPosted by GhostPants
What is LoN?

(L)egacy (o)f (N)ightmare... ring set
Thanks never could figure out what folks were constantly talking about with LoN this and that.
This is really nice for fast mid gem leveling :-)

My LoN LTK so far:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rudi1337-2663/hero/86201951

At what GR lvl do you guys start using Crystal Fist?
(hasn't dropped for me yet but I guess ~76)

Here's a Vid I recorded of a GR 72 run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIpLEqraWWU

Still need some better rolls and gameplay but having fun with the playstyle.
Gr 80 is my current breakpoint for using in-goem instead of crystal-fist. At least when i want speed vs survival. Can do it in 4-6min and die from time to time cause of speed/not paying attention.
At 85 i swap nemesis for strongarm also.
Oki thx.

Gonna try 80 soon and see how I survive + spirit management.
Maybe test Replenishing Light and a defensive passive + another roll of res red/ loh.
I can go up to 75-76 with in-geom with way worse gear than you. You could probably do 90 tbh. I think it's fine to use up to around the 8-minute mark. As long as you're killing stuff fast enough, you don't even really feel crystal fist much. Shouldn't need any defensive passives.
09/03/2016 03:42 PMPosted by Davlok
Personally I have only done GR92 (1.4k paragon) in non-season because I don't really want to R6 unless I have to! The version I used was LoN-VCK with Assimilation. It does require density more than SWK-LTK versions, but I feel it is a bit less squishy.

As far as overall potential for solo-pushing, a Korean Monk has completed GR100 with LoN-VCK. He does have some nice gear and 4k paragon, but when you consider the highest Monk clear in the world is GR103, LTK isn't -TOO- far behind. As for Season 7, GR95 was also done by a Korean Monk with 1.1k paragon.

Group-wise, LTK (may) be viable, but no one wants to step out of the "meta" -_-

At one point in the current season (on a different profile) I was running SWK-LTK monk in 4 man 90-95 GR's with a few changes that allowed for quite a bit of dps.

I ran assimilation instead of FoF, cubed cindercoat, FD and RoRG. Wore Gungdo's and ran the holy EP instead of BoH (or instead of epiphany, your preference). In density the EP works like a channeling pylon and only required you to use Assimilation to maintain stacks every 5 sec, otherwise it was straight spender spam. In smaller packs maintaining SW stacks became a problem but the same logic could be applied to a LoN build with no stack problems. You can essentially drop CDR for this setup since spirit generation isn't an issue in packs so you could cube CoE instead of zodiac and run something else in the cube in place of cindercoat since you would be wearing it. Spirit guards are a possibility if you were having survivability issues, but with even a little LPH I was quite tanky in 4 man comps. If you wanted to drop stricken you could run PE, Trapped and BoP (or something else if you wanted). Conceivably you could also equip FD and cube Scarbringer with enough attack speed from PE to keep your FD procced and be APS capped with enough density.

The only problem is that it does the same type of damage as a firebats WD which is super fast trash clearing and terrible RG damage. With the firebats buff coming in season 9 I find it difficult to see this being competitive, but the potential exists for super high damage output if anyone can tweak the build. Food for thought.
Firebats has a radius of 15 yards versus LTK 10 yards, so firebats covers more than twice the area. With area damage this means more like 5 times the damage. One reason why firebats shines in a group with good pulling - and is pretty bad at a lone RG.

LTK also gets much less benefit from a group. It already has a large amount of skill bonus in the helm. This waters down groups damage bonuses.
There is no DPS gear that can be switched in to take advantage of zdps defensive support.
LTK only getting its big weapon bonus on 7 targets makes it useless with big pulls you get in a group.
LTK is simply ineffective in a group compared to R6 or Firebats or Firebirds. I've tried it with very well geared LTK LON and using assim.

And unfortunately LTK cannot be used effectively with the new buffed I6. It's not possible to equip the LTK weapon and helm and dancers and crudest boots and FD and I6. You have to drop an item even with Rorg.
Just did my 94 with 1291 paragons :)
Tried the gen monk build and almost killed the keyboard ... got back to LON LTK and got 93/94. LON LTK is much more enjoyable build
12/22/2016 09:36 AMPosted by YunaKim
Tried the gen monk build and almost killed the keyboard ... got back to LON LTK and got 93/94. LON LTK is much more enjoyable build

Seems like you're pretty low on CDR. Is it much of a problem? How high can you go with an unlucky rift?
12/22/2016 12:39 PMPosted by silverfire

Seems like you're pretty low on CDR. Is it much of a problem? How high can you go with an unlucky rift?

The CDR is fine. It was 38, then I toned it down for more damage and it is still fine. Also toned HP from 700k down to 600k and still fine. I can keep all buff up and kicks 100%, except for RG. For certain RG (i.e. no adds/no FD) I can survive with Epi and DS and no CS so it helps maintaining kicks. If RG has adds or you have FD procs, it is GG

I can do 90 consistently regardless of rng.
I have been doing best in groups with Inna full set. Still need to farm several more pieces of ancient gear to make LoN worthwhile. I tried SWK and Uliana sets but way too squishy and I was getting one shotted too much in GR.

Awesome! Not too far off of 106, keep going and keep us posted!!
I was really hoping to solo 90 this season, but it looks like it's not gonna happen. I can't even finish an 88 on time to save my life. 12 augments, 45% RCR, 33% CDR, nearly 2.8M sheet DPS. It looks to me like the stats should be enough. Vit is very low, no diamonds in the gear, both determination and RA, and yet, survivability is not the problem. Killing mobs is like watching paint dry, and I feel like I've squeezed all the DPS out that I possibly can, save for another slot of AD somewhere. The other frustrating thing is that I did an 85 pretty easily with only 5 augments, yet after adding 9 more, 3 levels higher is still extremely difficult.

My gems are below 90, how big of a deal is that? And my boots have only 285% LTK damage, which I guess is a bit of a deficiency as well.

Any tips Yuna, GAK, Superfool?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silverfire-1855/hero/80882562