Anyone tried LoN LTK in GR progression?

Monk
Prev 1 5 6 7
12/27/2016 04:06 PMPosted by silverfire
I was really hoping to solo 90 this season, but it looks like it's not gonna happen. I can't even finish an 88 on time to save my life. 12 augments, 45% RCR, 33% CDR, nearly 2.8M sheet DPS. It looks to me like the stats should be enough. Vit is very low, no diamonds in the gear, both determination and RA, and yet, survivability is not the problem. Killing mobs is like watching paint dry, and I feel like I've squeezed all the DPS out that I possibly can, save for another slot of AD somewhere. The other frustrating thing is that I did an 85 pretty easily with only 5 augments, yet after adding 9 more, 3 levels higher is still extremely difficult.

My gems are below 90, how big of a deal is that? And my boots have only 285% LTK damage, which I guess is a bit of a deficiency as well.

Any tips Yuna, GAK, Superfool?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silverfire-1855/hero/80882562

Well, your stats look pretty fine. The immediate upgrades, given limited time, would be main gems. It would not be hard to join a group, with your zmonk, to get them to 95-96. There are 3 of them only anyway

Next thing I would suggest is to tone down RCR for more AD. I have 33CDR/39RCR and still feel fine. I had 90AD. The trick is to always fight in big group, >10mobs, for your STI and FD proc. When you reach your limit, e.g. gr88-90 in your case, it is about killing trash, not elites. Elites are for conduit/power/shield pylon. Try to time your DS and CS to be in sync with the Oculus ring.

I also found that picking up pylon earlier than later. Once you group them up, don't wait until trashes die. Trashes help you to survive

In short
1. Up your AD, 3 main gems, pull mobs, kill trash, drag elites, stay in Oculus
2. More importantly, fish for open rift with good trash mobs
12/27/2016 07:43 PMPosted by YunaKim
Next thing I would suggest is to tone down RCR for more AD. I have 33CDR/39RCR and still feel fine. I had 90AD.

I spent an hour or two with the RCR on my scar rolled to AD, which made my stats almost exactly match your leaderboard run, but it was really problematic for me. Seems like I was always out of spirit. How do you deal with the rift guardian?

Yeah, I'm going to try to get the gems to ~95. Got them to 91 over the course of an hour. Hopefully it'll make a difference.

When you reach your limit, e.g. gr88-90 in your case, it is about killing trash, not elites.

That's a good point...I seem to waste a lot of time waiting for a single elite to die.
12/27/2016 07:55 PMPosted by silverfire
Next thing I would suggest is to tone down RCR for more AD. I have 33CDR/39RCR and still feel fine. I had 90AD.

I spent an hour or two with the RCR on my scar rolled to AD, which made my stats almost exactly match your leaderboard run, but it was really problematic for me. Seems like I was always out of spirit. How do you deal with the rift guardian?

Yeah, I'm going to try to get the gems to ~95. Got them to 91 over the course of an hour. Hopefully it'll make a difference.

I found that the spirit problem is solved with bigger group of trash mobs. Between pulls or when the group gets thin, I also have spirit problem. That's why it is quite critical to keep pulling for big group and move when the group get thinner

Well, for RG, wish for one with adds :) That would help with STI and FD. If RG does not have adds, don't CS. The less number of skills need refreshing, the faster your BF is up.
Have to agree with yuna. At this point it's a matter of picking/skipping a fight.
I usually try to drag elites and let them suffer from ad%. Most of the time its enough to wear them down. Getting to that occulus is really important. Spend a few seconds to aggro nearby emenies.

3 gr lvl's is a big deal when you push the limits. If you watched my 90 vs 93 clear then you will notice the diffenrence in how i deal/skip elites.
Rewatched your 93 and noticed how few elites you killed. So I just focused on trash, and barely got an 88 done with a very good rift, 0 deaths, a conduit, a power, and channeling. It felt like all the stars needed to be aligned. Still think this gear should be good for 90 from looking at you guys. I'll swap RCR for AD again and see if I can make it.