[Blizzcon Speculation] Just a new class?!

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
This is just a thought that I had.

They will probably not announce a new expansion because it was already dismantled and we probably will not get an announcement for D4 because not enough time would have passed for the development to already show reasonable results.

BUT, what if we get a new class?
It could make sense:
Josh Mosqueira could have left after the class was finished and now the team just has to create sets for this new class.
Also we would get it for free at the 20th anniversary of Diablo.

And what would make us loose our sh*t more than the Necromancer?
No, game is baked.

D3 won't have any more major content releases.

Outside of minor season changes, don't expect much more for the current title/generation.
I'll give you some Blizzcon speculation.

Anything Diablo will be near nonexistent. All the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.
i know this is of topic supper happy thx blizzard support for helping me with my trouble so happy
As the game is now, with Blizzard having such enormous difficulty with balancing each of the 4 sets for each of the existing 6 classes... do you honestly think they will release a 7th class with 4 more sets they have to somehow balance?

Only way they will release another class is if they decide to release another expansion. That way they are getting paid for this... A new class is on an entirely different level of difficulty to develop than a new legendary, more cosmetics, or even a new area.
The Archivist is the newest class to be introduced to Diablo 3. >.>
na if any big diablo announcement that will happen at blizzcon would most likely be D2HD, they did say there is a diablo thing being shown at blizzcon, and broodwar hd is already confirmed and being shown there, so having 2 hd remakes to showcase a new engine on major differences it can do would be whats goin on (in my opinion)
09/08/2016 06:43 PMPosted by clueso

LoL
Über bosses which are supposed to be extremely hard, die in the hardest difficulty under few seconds. I couldn't care less about the class I'm using to re-create games and stare at the loading screen.
Funny, this story is turning out more and more like Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

I bet they will come out with a bunch of wonderful plans for D3. Players will be ecstatic and all giggly.

Then in a few months announce they are shutting down all development on the game.
Just give us a Stand alone copy of the game.
09/09/2016 04:11 AMPosted by Madrox
na if any big diablo announcement that will happen at blizzcon would most likely be D2HD, they did say there is a diablo thing being shown at blizzcon, and broodwar hd is already confirmed and being shown there, so having 2 hd remakes to showcase a new engine on major differences it can do would be whats goin on (in my opinion)

Source please for starcraft broodwar hd confirmed. I heard it was just a rumor. If it is true than the job listings in november of last year WERE hinting at remakes of sc:bw, d2 and wc3...
I would bet anyone on here 100 bucks that there will be a new Diablo game announcement (and no, not a cell phone game) this blizzcon. Now the game itself will probably not be out for another 3 years or so, but I would take that bet with anyone.

Anyone thinking that Blizzard is just going to ignore this cash cow and no longer make games in series that proves to sell is being a little ignorant.

There will be another Diablo game for PC that also comes out on the new gen systems. Guaranteed.
This is just a thought that I had.

They will probably not announce a new expansion because it was already dismantled and we probably will not get an announcement for D4 because not enough time would have passed for the development to already show reasonable results.

It could make sense:
Josh Mosqueira could have left after the class was finished and now the team just has to create sets for this new class.

And what would make us loose our sh*t more than the Necromancer?

"losing our ****" would mean they are remaking all the old classics(sc:bw, diablo 2, and warcraft 3) in hd. I would buy and play all of them, espcially warcraft 3 as that is arguably one of the best games blizzard has ever made(for me at least) They are all excellent games though and even @ 20$ a piece blizzard would make a fortune.
I have a few speculations: (needs an edit)

[1%] There's nothing but an event with party hat cosmetic and a real party in the toi- I mean Diablo 3 panel room.
What if there's nothing in the name of D3, but they make an event with cosmetic party hats for characters? We could still lose our $#!7 right? Right? There's a caek 10/10. (ps. I lied)

[9%] new class only; Necromancer with cosmetic shop
As OP said, so I'm including. Yay. Who wants to run through the same season with a whole new class that you'll drop in a month? Set items are not guaranteed to be balanced or any underpowered because Blizzard will want it to be played by everyone and bring it under the spotlight if that's the case.

[10%] a new diablo title but with mobile gaming.
Lately Acti-Blizz bought company King which is Candy Crush Saga's developers. "Diablo Jewel Hunters with microtransactions" or more likely "Diablo Card Game: Devil's Hand Edition". Blizzard still would print money.

[20%] Diablo 2 HD Remake (may be) as mobile game in the name of "going back to roots"
I mean it IS nice, but I don't see the point unless they really go there and add specific END cinematics for each and every character to complete a story.
Also ad was pretty clear about "a new" project. They'll sharpen the graphics increase the resolution and make it a mobile game? What about servers? D2 crossplatform? What will ever happen to bots? Still I would prefer the birthday cake in a broomcloset (or freezer, cuz "cool") room over D2 going mobile.

[20%] There's a second expansion announce even if they didn't promise anything.
Title will take part in Skovos' Isles where voluptuous Amazons reside and we'll get a new class, PvP-balance options or a higher max level limit. New class either Druid or Necromancer, my pick will be Necromancer. Because I don't think the freakish undying dude we see at Greyhollow resembles anything closer to Druids, but we met quite a few Necromancers both in Act1 and 2.
Two thumbs up from me, Blizzard; that'll be nice, my vote goes here. But to be realistic, developer team scattered to other projects like WoW (yet again), Wyatt gone, Josh looks like he hardly cares anymore, we saw the job application announces about "a whole new" Diablo project and sadly their art director friend died.

[20%] Diablo 4 title announcement
Bet your money on that one. I think D4 will be announced with a similar system like in D2, WITHOUT underburden MMORPG system and skill trees. From what I watched from tons of conspiracy videos about eastereggs old characters of D2 and D3 may return in unexpected positions. Game possibly start with naughty Diablo trying to stir it up, like always.

[20%] A surprise we never see it coming?
Really? Is that even possible?
It could be anything, yes anything at all. It could be from D4 to a remastered D2. Even though I would love an expansion for this game. I don't know if we will be getting one. The bean counters might not let it happen. More so since Hearthstone has done so well. This means they know that they don't have to release a huge game like this one or WoW in order to make a good game.

This could be a new chapter for them. Where they try to get as much money that they can off of doing as little work as possible to get it.
Necro would be cool
I'd hazard a guess at more like:

09/10/2016 08:09 AMPosted by naksiloth
[20%] A surprise we never see it coming?
Really? Is that even possible?

[80%] Absolutely nothing mentioned about D3's future
My bet just Diablo 1aniversary crap.Basicly same D1 just runs on windows 10.Diablo is not cash cow they dont care about it anymore.

09/08/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Phatty
D3 won't have any more major content releases.

09/08/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Kukiri
Anything Diablo will be near nonexistent. All the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.

Rekt.