[Blizzcon Speculation] Just a new class?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 24 Next
11/04/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Nevalistis
09/08/2016 06:43 PMPosted by clueso
BUT, what if we get a new class?

09/08/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Phatty
D3 won't have any more major content releases.

09/08/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Kukiri
Anything Diablo will be near nonexistent. All the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407"]Rekt[/url].

Rekt yourself, what a CM are you?

The disappointment is real and the upcoming content is pathetic, also paying for the Necro Pack is disgusting.

I loved D3 but im so full of sorrow to what it become

I want to express my deep disappointement.

D3 is starting to show it's age. I am repulsed by it's graphics after getting used to those of Grim Dawn. It's gameplay is far too focused on sets and kill build diversity. And we're really lacking a decent skill tree, PoE or GD style...

D3 has become boring, and adding only a new class and a few maps won't change that.

Is that how your counting on D3 to keep the playerbase happy on the coming years? With the increasing number of quality H&S alaivable and some very promising ones currently in their beta phase?

You dropped the ball, Blizzard.
11/04/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Drothvader
11/04/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Endeavor
RoS was a nearly complete reimagining of the game, it wasn't just a new class and a couple new zones. I'd happily pay $40 for a full d3 expansion, or $60 for d4, if they would just bring one of those things out.

You're talking about a meta design change that only changed gear by making it roll a different way and binding it to your character.

As for the rest of the reimagining, it was mostly reused assets with a feature redesign.

Either way, the point of my post was that developing a new character is a rather large portion of the development commitment to the game both before and AFTER that character is released. Features usually don't need to undergo changes beyond their initial release unless you want to change them. Character MUST be balanced in accordance to the other characters in the game adding to the development complexity.

Now they have to make sure 7 separate classes all perform at the same level. That's a lot of extra development.

You realise that Blizzard is just selling us whatever left of the scrapped expansion. Either that, or they're tearing down the expansion bit by bit, selling them to us one at a time.
11/04/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Imperium
Nobody was rekt here. More like the Diablo series as whole though. That was sad.

True story. Blizzard Diablo Developers got REKT.
Hopeless dead game.
There is noway i will buy that Necromancer and support further developments of this god awful game. I hate the paragon system and how it affects competition in Grater Rifts. I hate the itemization in this game and the fact it is build around sets. Look, it sucks and no Nercomancer is going to ever fix that. Diablo 3 has some serious core issues that ruins the game, and only an expansion or a new title could ever save it from the ruins our devs brought it to. Blizzcon is over even before it really began, so sad, so disappointing. !@#$ this. Goodnight.
11/04/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Hughes
The worst possible outcome. Seriously disappointed. I can PAY to play a new class in the same game? Amazing display of ignorance from the devs.

You had to pay for Reaper of Souls for the new class. What is wrong with selling just a class for cheaper than an expansion?
11/04/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Hughes
Because they currently make sure all 6 classes perform at the same level, right?

Ok? Balance is bad so they shouldn't add something to the game that players have literally been asking for 4 years?

I played a Necromancer in D2 so I'm excited about their return in D3.

11/04/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Hughes
Do you even play this game?

Not anymore, I don't find this game fun. However, that means I need to constantly lambaste Blizzard even though they've done something I've wanted? Please...

Just an FYI, you're also getting 2 new stash tabs, and 2 character slots when you purchase the Necromancer.
11/04/2016 12:50 PMPosted by Connatic
The worst possible outcome. Seriously disappointed. I can PAY to play a new class in the same game? Amazing display of ignorance from the devs.

You had to pay for Reaper of Souls for the new class. What is wrong with selling just a class for cheaper than an expansion?

There's nothing wrong with it.

Don't you remember? This is Diablo... ideas are only popular if you're telling Blizzard how awful they are.

Anything Diablo will be near nonexistent. All the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.

You mean, the company is Rekt? The game is Rekt? Your reputation is Rekt? Who is rekt here i ask myself.

Your marketeers build up hype among the playerbase for a grand announcement with subtle hints and quotes aiming at the playerbase that we would "loose our !@#$". And you come up with a PAID class that should have been added from the start. We are still going to repeat greater rifts until our eyes bleed but just from a different class? This is what we we`re waiting for all those years? Insulting. I got nothing more to add. Insult.

In all fairness, with your personal attitude towards the critics in this forum that hold valuable points i am disgusted by this response.
I'm not paying half the price of what I paid for the entire game for 1 character, never mind the fact that it's something that should have been in the game 5 years ago.

We got rekt alright...

What an awful response. Especially considering D3 rekt itself even more. I guess for the 1 person that likes what is upcoming for d3 there are 25 that don't, yeah way to go. You sure showed them.

I think the problem people are having, is that the game needed an expansion to shake things up, and make large changes that an expansion allows. At least, that's my opinion.
REALLY READ THE WORDS FROM THIS ARTICLE ABOUT THE NECRO.

This comment:

"he Necromancer will be the next fully-playable class introduced to Diablo III: Reaper of Souls."

That means MORE ARE ALSO COMING.

Or this comment:

"Now Sanctuary has need of their unique power, and the Priests of Rathma will answer."

This means a new evil is coming soon, we already beat the most recent evil, Mal, so this tells me that the Horadrim are recruiting heroes of past to help destroy the Nephalim.

There are plenty of other hints in this article if you simply read it.
I am disappoint
11/04/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Tristaris

I think the problem people are having, is that the game needed an expansion to shake things up, and make large changes that an expansion allows. At least, that's my opinion.

THEY ARE GOING THE DLC ROUTE.

This means they can release tons of MINI EXPANSION on a whim for a much smaller fee than a full expansion. Things that actually fix and make the game better.

That is what games like PoE and Grim Dawn are doing, and it is very successful, and I am excited to see D3 follow suite. (PoE is more Pay to Win which is bad, I hope D3 does not follow that!)
11/04/2016 12:51 PMPosted by Telamon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You mean, the company is Rekt? The game is Rekt? Your reputation is Rekt? Who is rekt here i ask myself.

Your marketeers build up hype among the playerbase for a grand announcement with subtle hints and quotes aiming at the playerbase that we would "loose our !@#$". And you come up with a PAID class that should have been added from the start. We are still going to repeat greater rifts until our eyes bleed but just from a different class? This is what we we`re waiting for all those years? Insulting. I got nothing more to add. Insult.

In all fairness, with your personal attitude towards the critics in this forum that hold valuable points i am disgusted by this response.

couldn't agree more with this statement even if i tried. Definitely no a good look for Nevalistis or D3 for that matter. Was hoping to get something that would make me want to play more Diablo (D2 remastered on its own not in D3, D4, D3 expansion, not 2 zones people will skip to get to paragon leveling as fast as possible).

You're an idiot.

I'm not one to say things like this, and I almost always give devs the benefit of the doubt, but come on man. Everyone was expecting an expansion, d4, a d1/2 HD remake, and blizzard gave us 2 zones and a necromancer. That's not "rekt" and honestly, this is the first time I feel a bit embarrassed by a blue post. This IS near nonexistent content. In fact, it is nonexistent for those of us who don't like the necromancer fantasy.

You do get points back for what I assume was a "necro this thread" reference, though.
11/04/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Neogeo
You realise that Blizzard is just selling us whatever left of the scrapped expansion. Either that, or they're tearing down the expansion bit by bit, selling them to us one at a time.

And?
11/04/2016 12:55 PMPosted by Demonmonger
11/04/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Tristaris

THEY ARE GOING THE DLC ROUTE.

This means they can release tons of MINI EXPANSION on a whim for a much smaller fee than a full expansion. Things that actually fix and make the game better.

That is what games like PoE and Grim Dawn are doing, and it is very successful, and I am excited to see D3 follow suite. (PoE is more Pay to Win which is bad, I hope D3 does not follow that!)

1. PoE is literally not pay to win at all, unless you count the currency stash tab, which, come on.

2. I agree that a regular content update model like PoE is a good idea, starting off that with a content update that's less than when PoE released the Scion (for free I might add) is not the way to do it. I hope the d3 discussions go through some more plans, such as a much needed paragon revamp, and possibly even a complete endgame revamp (which PoE just did with their last "mini-expansion").

I guess its your job to think that but no xpac, no d4, no d2 hd remake and this d1 thing sounds like its gonna be just a long rift with the current items dropping, no Wirt and co, if they had at least did a full hd remake of D1 it would of been something but this Necro character pack with stash space and stuff is only marginally better than announcing nothing. they didn't wreck that guys post, you just face palmed with your quote though, so theres that.