How to propose to my boyfriend?

General Discussion
Ok, so i want to propose to my boyfriend and i was trying to think of a way to incorporate Diablo 3. Its the first game we played together and we still play it all the time. Looking for ideas. Or if you know of another way that might be good. Hes into overwatch too right now. Thanks!
You should cosplay into a D3 character and ask him to fight the force of Hell together.
[Ok, I am removing the main body of the post as the implied/intended humor obviously got totally lost in translation]

In the meantime, see this Overwatch-related video for a few laughs, if not actual pragmatic ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8bjvoHOSFs

P.S. Congratulations!
Shouldn't it be the man who proposes?
09/18/2016 09:17 PMPosted by Worldoflies
how do you know that she is not he?
I thought about a solution to your issue. I hate it when you ask a forum question and people just say your asking the wrong questions/not spending enough money/looking in the wrong place etc. However, I don't believe your taking the right course of action. I would be so happy if my girlfriend just came and proposed to me. Maybe not at a fast food joint or a costco, but in a relatively calm and secluded place that was special in other ways. Breaking standard traditions is very romantic and sentimental, you've got the right idea there.

I understand (trust me I do) that a realm of fantasy such as this is special for many different reasons but there is still room for decorum in love, however abstract you want to make it. Your marriage will exist in reality, so should the announcement of your intent. If you love someone, don't put up a barrier with which to communicate that love. Tell him what you want and why you want it. Love is a conduit, it needs no complication. That you can share interests is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Don't let the fantasy of Diablo connect you but let it spark when you need a jolt of connection to remind you that you share interest and love each other. My congratulations and I wish you the best of luck.

JB
09/18/2016 09:17 PMPosted by Worldoflies

Not necessarily. It should be whoever feels like doing it first. I always hated the idea of a woman pondering when a man is going to "pop the question".
09/18/2016 09:12 PMPosted by Etelen
Bad news is, that I am currently reeling from the idea that you have a boyfriend, you know that he plays Diablo 3 (or any other computer game for that matter) and instead of leaving him, you want to actually propose. As a result of my jaw being completely dropped, I am pretty short on actual ideas atm.

The good news is that (and I am operating here under the assumption that you are a woman), should things turn sour with your current love, I will be willing to marry you instead, just on the very principle of you actually liking Diablo 3.

In the meantime, see this Overwatch-related video for a few laughs, if not actual pragmatic ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8bjvoHOSFs

P.S. Congratulations!

That's a bit low. Were talking about a level of happiness that makes someone want to commit to another person for life. Also you just leeched off of that to promote yourself playing a video game, posting it on youtube and casually asking people to care about watching you play a video game on youtube. I don't blame a soul for playing games; video games are awesome. And as we know youtube has more content than can be watched in a lifetime. So I'm not blaming you for posting anything. However, you're asking a complete stranger to marry you out of context or common sense by blaming their partner of a romantic laziness that you're just assuming exists because they play the same video game that you do. They probably don't post videos though. Then again, I don't know that for sure.
09/18/2016 09:03 PMPosted by DoomBringer
You should cosplay into a D3 character and ask him to fight the force of Hell together.

I like this idea. You could do it like when Michael proposes to Holly in "The Office". Your friends could dress as demons and ask him "Does your soul belong to me?" and you could be dressed as Tyrael and ask him last. Think of something a bit more specific though. Any guy would be a bit bewildered by a display like that. Which is a good thing.
Depending on where you live, but if there's some place that looks a bit like mountain/volcano, Yellowstonish (or Arreat Crater), it would be a nice thing. Why? Well just cosplay like Lilith and propose to your Inarius angel, at the entrance of the Hells. That would be the perfect lore, also. See what I mean? Both of you would found a new home (Sanctuary) with the worldstone (engagement rin) and a lot of cute Nephalem will be born. As Malthael said, with his fingers crossed: live long and prosper. Uhm, maybe not him, I must be confused with another charismatic villain ^^
Ok, so i want to propose to my boyfriend and i was trying to think of a way to incorporate Diablo 3. Its the first game we played together and we still play it all the time. Looking for ideas. Or if you know of another way that might be good. Hes into overwatch too right now. Thanks!

Yep. What about dinner.
not sure if serious... you asking us to teach you how to propose? don't you have friends to help with that?
Make two paper mache ( or another artsy way ) giant rings with his battle tag on them.

Then you just nonchalantly bring up that you've found two rings ...but they're Bind on Equip

Let him put two and two together.
Make real life artisan to craft both of you the Unity ring replicas.
09/18/2016 09:03 PMPosted by DoomBringer

As this is the post of the month, you could also combine it with the following one:

09/19/2016 06:48 AMPosted by Ruined
Make real life artisan to craft both of you the Unity ring replicas.

"All the damage taken is shared between the wearers of these items."

How beautiful.

But if you want to do it in-game, simply play in party with him until you find Unity ring. Go to some special place as silver spire or mysterious cave, kill everything there so it's just you two. Shout "follow me!" or "Stay close!" (Numpad3?) and give him Unity. If he agrees, he will farm you one. The alternative item is Arcstone.
09/19/2016 04:23 AMPosted by SteLitY
not sure if serious... you asking us to teach you how to propose? don't you have friends to help with that?

Maybe his/her friends aren't into D3?

"...and i was trying to think of a way to incorporate Diablo 3."
Drop him/her an ancient Unity lol
Propose to make a cosplay duo at Blizzcon and do it when it's your turn to showoff your cosplay right on stage. I don't think anyone has ever done this, so that's as special and memorable as it gets.