Offline Mode

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Hurray!!!!

The trolls have awaken!!
09/14/2016 04:28 AMPosted by Steve
Why do you nut jobs buy an online only game and then complain it has no offline mode?

Maybe because the "nut jobs" purchasing an on-line only game expect the game to somehow justify that always on-line requirement?
There's no aspect of D3 that justifies always on-line, not a single one. Don't forget seasons were a post release addition made at the players request, back when the game had an economy to justify seasonal resets.

Counter question:

Why do you morons bother reading and posting in a thread requesting a feature that dose not interest you?
there is an offline mode, its in non seasons:)

but even if there was an offline mode, you could never use that gear while online.
Offline mode >>> Consoles... enuff said..
Not going to happen! Stop asking for offline mode! If you want offline, just go play on consoles.
Offline mode is a bad idea like what happen in D2. I've been playing D2 way back year 2000 using hidden level 99 but the real level is either 900k+ or 2billion! You can see it only at level 99 but it's not. If they make it offline mode, then for sure lots of item editor will come out particularly the "Hero Editor"!
09/14/2016 05:12 AMPosted by Bricktop

Counter question:

Why do you morons bother reading and posting in a thread requesting a feature that dose not interest you?
cause morons like you keep wanting that blizzard makes the game hacker and cheater friendly

in case you havent noticed yet: morons like us (aka the legit players) dont like morons like you (aka the cheaters)
09/14/2016 05:12 AMPosted by Bricktop
Why do you nut jobs buy an online only game and then complain it has no offline mode?

Maybe because the "nut jobs" purchasing an on-line only game expect the game to somehow justify that always on-line requirement?
There's no aspect of D3 that justifies always on-line, not a single one. Don't forget seasons were a post release addition made at the players request, back when the game had an economy to justify seasonal resets.

Counter question:

Because when I buy something, or even play a game for that matter, I purchase/spend time entertaining myself with the product offered. I don't purchase based on what I hope it might be in the future, being unsatisfied with the product in its current state.

Same goes with those requesting that the game be just like (insert game or version).
09/13/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Tchevs
The salt is real in this one.

Offline mode is retarded, you gonna play for 2 days and get bored. There is no offline mode and thats because of security reasons. Even if they made, like I said, if with multiplayer people already get burned out, offline would be even faster.
Considering I've been playing 99% solo since the game was launched, I don't think i'd get bored in 2 days...

The security reasons are laughable. So people dupe when playing solo. Boohoo, no impact on me, as they are not in my game. They can keep the same setup for multiplayer they have now.

Diablo is not a multiplayer game. It's an illusion. There is NOTHING in this game you can't achieve solo. And as was already said, outside of pre-made groups, there is ZERO interaction in grouped games.

An offline mode makes sense. I'd return to HC with an offline mode. Not without, and it's sad, I love HC.
09/14/2016 06:20 AMPosted by Shanso
09/13/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Tchevs
The salt is real in this one.

Offline mode is retarded, you gonna play for 2 days and get bored. There is no offline mode and thats because of security reasons. Even if they made, like I said, if with multiplayer people already get burned out, offline would be even faster.
Considering I've been playing 99% solo since the game was launched, I don't think i'd get bored in 2 days...

The security reasons are laughable. So people dupe when playing solo. Boohoo, no impact on me, as they are not in my game. They can keep the same setup for multiplayer they have now.

Diablo is not a multiplayer game. It's an illusion. There is NOTHING in this game you can't achieve solo. And as was already said, outside of pre-made groups, there is ZERO interaction in grouped games.

An offline mode makes sense. I'd return to HC with an offline mode. Not without, and it's sad, I love HC.
youll have to hack another game though, this one will never be offline
09/13/2016 06:27 PMPosted by hawkkiwi
you bought it as online only so i don't see the point of moaning about it now.
If you wanted to play offline you should have got it on the console.
but you didn't you bought the pc one so tough luck
Another worthless argument.

You should have bought it on the console...

Well, it was not available on console when I bought this PC game! And I was certainly not going to buy a darn console and another game to play the PC game I bought, either!
offline would be nice
09/14/2016 06:22 AMPosted by hucka
Cheating at a solo game is as intelligent as stealing your own cheerios...
09/14/2016 06:25 AMPosted by Shanso
not talking about solo, smartass
09/14/2016 06:25 AMPosted by Shanso

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.
Sigh.... OP.
Because of Diablo 2 results! That's why. If they make offline mode = item dupe and more!
They know the troubles that will brew with it. Personally, I don't want to see that happen again!

As much "fun" as it would be offline, it would just be the same bs you can still find today, even on ebay, selling duped items. It's just wrong. I don't want to see D3 turn into that!

I'll field this one.

For those of us who bought the game day 1 or prior, most of us understood going in that we weren't "buying" the game, but a "license" to play the game on Blizzard servers. Most of us also understood the EULA (yes, some of us actually read every word of it when installing a game) when it said that Blizzard retains the right to alter and change the game whenever they like, with or without prior notice.

Now, that said... Blizzard has continually told us that we should use the forums to express our feelings about the game, good or bad, and to offer suggestions of changes we'd like to see implemented and to note the things we think are perfect as-is and shouldn't be touched. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I had a certain set of expectations as to the quality of the services Blizzard would be providing to go hand-in-hand with their "online only" game.

Chief among them was server stability. Sure, it certainly goes without saying that there will be random disconnects for no apparent reason occasionally. Let me say that again. Occasionally. Any and all online services, from streaming video sites to social media, will occasionally have hiccups and gremlins that make things go wonky randomly. The expectation is that the people providing the service get a handle on it quickly, fix it, and take measures to prevent repeats. When it comes to this game, I don't feel (and apparently I'm not alone by a long shot) that this has happened. For me, a random DC and kick to the authentication screen happens at least once every two hours, and it's been more or less like that for four years running. As a player who plays solo 97% of the time, it's just a thing of "man, this wouldn't even be an issue if I was offline. I gain everything and loss nothing as a trade off."

Secondly, there is the issue of forced changes. Now, I know this is a hard concept to grasp for a lot of players, but not everyone is a hardcore gamer. Not everyone plays this game for the same reasons and with the same personal goals. Some of us "older" players who have real world obligations that take priority over our Diablo playing maybe only get a good few hours a week to relax and play. I'm one of them. For me, it's endlessly frustrating to work on a build that I think is going to be a good build, that I'll really enjoy playing, only to get close to finally acquiring all the gear for it and then have the rug pulled out from under me with sweeping gear and character changes that render that build null and void. Nine times out of ten, it's done under the umbrella of "meta balance." Well, again, for those of us who choose to play solo, this is interpreted as "all my work towards something just went down the toilet to benefit an aspect of the game I'm not interested in." For me, one of the perks of D2 was that if you just wanted to play solo and offline, then you could, and hey, as a really sweet bonus, you don't have to apply patches and updates if you don't want to.

I'm certainly not knocking any player who wants to play in groups or has different in-game goals and ambition than I do. In no way do I think my expectations trump theirs. Those players should absolutely not have to give up their game experience to give me mine. I don't give a fig about leaderboards... but that does not diminish or marginalize those that do, for example.

At this stage of the game's development, with all the changes that we've seen going from an almost fully "open" game with item trading and various types of auction house implementation to the current state of everything being account bound and locked down tighter than a frog's backside, with various options for different character types such as seasonal and hardcore, there is no reason why Blizzard can't offer an "offline" option. Key word there: option.

I don't know the numbers, but from purely anecdotal observation, I feel fairly confident that at least half the player base plays solo more often than not. For us, an offline option has nothing but benefits and no downside. And so we use the forums as Blizzard has asked they be used; to provide player feedback. Until Blizzard quits turning the game on its head every 3 months and actually provides stable servers that are up to par with what we rightfully should be expecting from an online only game, we'll keep asking for offline mode.

That, my friend, is why we nut jobs buy an online only game and complain it has no offline mode.
Offline mode would be great and I fully support it. I also know it's pretty much impossible at this point.

The entire game is built around online connections. Item drops, positioning, levels, actions, everything is written to an online server on the fly. To convert that to work offline would be a mammoth task.

But if you're really upset and just can't take another Bnet auth error just get a console version of the game. The option has been there for you this whole time.
I would like to play d3 right now. I cannot. Servers are down for maintenance that was supposed to be done 5 hours ago.

Offline mode plz.
I want it to go to offline mode for one simple reason - Mods.