New forum look

General Discussion
end game 2.0 congratulations
I hate this new simple format everyone is moving towards now. Mobile friendly...
This isn't a new issue.
Forums eu/de, eu/en and us/en: The order is completly arbitrary and annoying.
I really tried to find a pattern - but it doesn't exist at all.

https://abload.de/img/wtf6qunh.jpeg

http://abload.de/img/duhlinesk7ee3.gif
All I want to know is, is there a way to get better than iPhone resolution?

I have a 1920x1200 monitor and the new forum looks like it's 800x600. Where are the forum settings?
Well let's see what the Diablo lovers will be playing in next few years.
Maybe, it's bye bye for us.
Maybe not.
Now let us also change our avatars..!
09/27/2016 12:27 PMPosted by Kukiri
All I want to know is, is there a way to get better than iPhone resolution?

I have a 1920x1200 monitor and the new forum looks like it's 800x600. Where are the forum settings?
Yes! Thank you. I immediately started looking around for the new options button that I assumed they must have installed.

I also miss seeing the username of the last person to post in a thread... all I see now is the thread creator.
09/27/2016 12:21 PMPosted by EnergyIsMass

i think it looks fantastic. the forums function should be "easy to read" and "easy to have a conversation and post on"

the old forum did that, the new one appears to do it just as well as far as I can see.
many websites and forums are run by complete idiots who just love making things more complicated than should be the case.

Of course I would love to hear the insight of the rest of the forum goers to see if they see something I missed...
It's much easier to read, but the old light brown lettering on dark brown background was spectacularly bad in that department.
09/27/2016 12:32 PMPosted by Shurgosa
09/27/2016 12:21 PMPosted by EnergyIsMass

i think it looks fantastic. the forums function should be "easy to read" and "easy to have a conversation and post on"

the old forum did that, the new one appears to do it just as well as far as I can see.
many websites and forums are run by complete idiots who just love making things more complicated than should be the case.

Of course I would love to hear the insight of the rest of the forum goers to see if they see something I missed...

Not arguing about the look. That depends on your personal taste. I don't care about the look.
Of coursethere will be a lot of hate because people got used to the old design.

Bad:
-If I go to the us site (I'm from germany) and click on forums the software autodirects me to the german forum. So I do have to type in URLs manually now.
-The name of the last poster isn't shown. Which is really bad, as you don't know anymore if there was a reply at all. Not everyone has a synced browser cache on all devices. Name of the last poster is IMO more important than the name of the threadstarter.
-Size: Not a big issue for me. You can set scale in firefox and chrome and the browser remembers it. What sucks is that the basic site has a different UI and scale. So the basic site will be super tiny.
09/27/2016 12:41 PMPosted by Bianchi4Me
It's much easier to read, but the old light brown lettering on dark brown background was spectacularly bad in that department.
It's much easier to read because the words are children's book/visually impaired sized.

Please let me have some control over the settings, Blizzard.
so they got time to work on the forum but not the game itself..lol fail company crap game
09/27/2016 12:44 PMPosted by Kukiri
It's much easier to read because the words are children's book/visually impaired sized.

Yeah, I was just thinking how looooong some of the crazy long rants are going to be now. If they took up 4 screens at the old resolution, it'll be... what, 10 screens now maybe? Better lube up your mouse wheel...
09/27/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Kindergarten

-If I go to the us site (I'm from germany) and click on forums the software autodirects me to the german forum. So I do have to type in URLs manually now.
or just use bookmarks

oh, downvotes. Da ist der Name wohl Programm
PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE MONITOR!

85% of that font size is quite enough for the most popular pc resolution atm. Blizzard web designers you know how to add this in the css file right?
Kukiri, just tried the seperate version for mobile. Letters are even more humongous than desktop mode. Now I'm wondering why they made the desktop site quite so simple, if they were gonna have a "hi-viz" mobile version anyway.
Oooooh, Responsive. I like that.

Although I'll agree the font is a bit too big. I have 20/100 vision and still think it's unnecessary.
Still beta avatars.
Has no Diablo feel to the looks at all. Very generic.
It's almost like they're discouraging use from a computer.