Long time, no play.

Technical Support
Similar to other posts I have read, I have been away from the game for a very long time. Got into the game with Diablo. Beat 1 and 2 (which was an awesome improvement), was in a car accident (at 14) where I died of an extremely severe closed head injury and subsequently had years of recovery to perform.
I recovered better than anyone ever expected (Doctors still don't know !@#$ about the brain - at least they had no right to make the assumptions they did about my circumstance; sorry, not your issue) That having been said as a possible reason for my technical ignorance, I keep getting error codes while attempting to log on to battle.net.
I just bought Diablo 3 and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Please help
Similar to other posts I have read, I have been away from the game for a very long time. Got into the game with Diablo. Beat 1 and 2 (which was an awesome improvement), was in a car accident (at 14) where I died of an extremely severe closed head injury and subsequently had years of recovery to perform.
I recovered better than anyone ever expected (Doctors still don't know !@#$ about the brain - at least they had no right to make the assumptions they did about my circumstance; sorry, not your issue) That having been said as a possible reason for my technical ignorance, I keep getting error codes while attempting to log on to battle.net.
I just bought Diablo 3 and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Please help

Uh. I'm sorry what? Also what error codes?
Hey there JackHammer,

Lets first make sure that you are logging into Battle.net using your email address and not your BattleTag name.

I am not seeing a copy of Diablo 3 on the Battle.net account that you are posting from. If you have purchased the physical retail copy of the game you'll want to first register the game key to your Battle.net account. You can do that in your Battle.net account management here.

If you are still having trouble logging in or downloading the game after that please just let us know what specific error message or error code you're getting so we know exactly how to help.

Thanks!
Why does it take so long to download PTR and after it indicates it is ready to play nothing loads. Even the program load indicator is taken away so how do we know if anything is working. Should I let it run for several days or terminate it now.
the game is in a state of disarray. no one wants to accept responsibility for this just collect your money and tell you to beat it or use frustrating "support" to troll you with fake solutions and provoking remarks till you leaver their resources alone. Run from this and all BLizz titles they are not into providing service just cashing checks.
Is there a way to stop a download after it has been started? Right now I would settle for that my computer has ben locked for over 24 hours.