How do some players manage to do so much in a day?

General Discussion
They clearly are unemployed, children or streamers.

Patches always launch on a Tuesday so for any normal adult with responsibilities, accomplishing all of what the OP listed is literally impossible.
10/09/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Esquilax

Patches always launch on a Tuesday so for any normal adult with responsibilities, accomplishing all of what the OP listed is literally impossible.

Yeah gotta be that because heaven forbid they might just be more switched on than you, eh?

Douche.
10/09/2016 07:59 AMPosted by Franky
The biggest "problem" average players have is that they are average. Diablo is like anything else: there is a huge difference between someone competent and "average".

Blizzard has caved to a lot of complaints by casual players about how difficult some things are and has made it a lot easier to achieve things. But, it made things easier for competent players as well.

So the bar has been raised and the average players are again, far behind.

There is no RNG, grouping, whatever involved. As in previous seasons, I've solo'ed the stash in 20 to 30 hours and completed the whole season journey in about 40.

you claim to be a competent player, good for you
-but the average player is the big majority of the playerbase
-btw there's a difference between average and casual

'The biggest "problem" average players have is that they are average.'
-not true;

'So the bar has been raised and the average players are again, far behind.'
-this is their biggest problem

should it be like this, catering the game for an elitists core?
-i think not

note, i left the multiplayer fake competition part out, only because you did
10/09/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Esquilax

Season starts friday evening
10/03/2016 10:42 PMPosted by jimbo
[quote]
Not magic, but requires to be focused on the game all day; in the end not possible for people who work, have family and the likes.

those people shouldn't even be playing the game then. they should just stick to solitaire or other card/puzzle games

who in the hell are you to tell anyone how or what to play? a quick visit to your profile showed a seasonal char at roughly p400, and a ns paragon level near 800. now i'm no expert, but i do fairly well considering my limitations (being a father, husband, work, friends, etc..) and i find it ridiculous that anyone would ever tell me not to play because i can't devote my entire life to a video game. i can't anyway, i fall asleep doing grift after the third or fourth one. they're boring. p400. HA! i have nearly double that and can only give x hours per day. and i'm mostly solo, even in a clan.
10/08/2016 12:28 PMPosted by Khragcrew
...Considering I have both a full time job and a family...and I still have twice your paragon levels... I think it's time you stop farming normal!

Just to complete the seasonal objective to do all the bounties in one session, that's not doable for the casual player, or hasn't been doable by this casual player lol. And yes, D3 should be casual friendly.

That's because NOBODY likes bounties, and everybody does them in a split-farm group. 4 people, each goes separately to a bounty in the current bonus act. First one done starts to do the last bounty up (usually the 'kill x ' boss one, kill butcher, etc.) As people finish their shorter bounties, they should help on really long tedious ones. If you don't know bounty names well enough, just tp to somebody and see what bounty it is. If it's easy, tpo to somebody else, or go start the boss run. Pand. Fort. and hallf of agony go a lot faste with 2 poeple trying to find the boss door. If you're not in the middle of finishing your bounty that is very inconvenient to backtrack to, please accept to kill the boss. Some people build straight for SPEED, and have adequate damage for bounty's and slaughtering waves of trash mobs, but really just isn't built to kill the westmarch bossess quickly. Shouid only take 1 person extra, but you're not doign anything anyway. If I am speedbuild with lack of single target DPS, and clearly would contribute jack to the boss kill (2x speed 0dmg = 2•0= still 0)cnI'll type that and say looking for goblins/shrines, will wait till al done with boss if I find anything. Low chance, but the group is happy if you do find one.

But, rambling. Point is, look into the communities, searching for 'bounty' , 'split' 'splitfarm' 'bounties'. All separately. and variations on those you can think of. The commmunity seach tool is actually really bad and m will for example match pineapple, but not Pine Apples.

Once you find a group, you can fullclear all 5 acts with bonus bounty from each act, so 10 bags, in under 20 mins. Some faster, some slower. Just an average from pub games.

Achieve your dreams my casualaifu waifu. GO FORTH TO VIcTORY. plus, if you disconnect, you can get back in without losin ga whole act of progress to bounties since the game onnly went down for you and didnt' create a new one for all players. Just rejoin and coninue.

Cheers, bounties are garbage and nobody enjoys them, but we have ways to do it in a fraction of the time than grindeing them solo.
in reference to infiniteice's response, just join pub games where you can run through stuff with ease. if you can solo t7, maybe join t5 or 6.. but split bounties are so easy. pick an act and run it. everyone should have their own act and not share an act until the last 1. only turn in in bonus order. when looking at the 5 act map, it will show you the bonus act. it changes as each bonus is turned in, so check first.
By sitting in front of the pc all day with a 6 pack of Gatorade on the desk and several jugs of piss on the floor.
Its all about experience. The only think I get help with is a power level to 70 and once I get myself geared I do a few public bounty runs. Everything else I do solo. And for me its easy because I use a DH and Ive played a DH so much that I know what I need to do and when to do it. Its just like anything else, the more you do something the better you get at it.
10/03/2016 07:41 PMPosted by DankDoctor
Like whenever a new season starts, i already see like many level 70s by the end of the day, and the next day they are already doing greater rift 70s -90s.

It's easy just leech your clan members and friends use the hell out out of them untill you meta geared
Generally it's quite simple.

For example me. On EU server I have 4000h+ Barb gameplay. I always pick Barb at season start. In 2man party 70lvl is 5-6h gameplay. Try to get Leos crown and signet.

One mate can run campaign for guaranteed Crown on 1st Leo kill. I'll advice DH as he clears fast. Then he invite the rest mates to Leo fight. So crown down. That's halfway already.

Then bounties as it's really decent exp. And obviously set objectives. Set=fast farming. Normally I'm done with stash tab around Monday. S6 in the morning s7 at the evening. And both times I did Divinity conquest so for s7 75gr solo. At 4th season day round 500para.

And here. Always like ALWAYS head for ancient weapon in 1st place. It's HUGE dmg boost. The rest will come. And you don't need to run meta for higher efficiency. At the end of last era I've started to roll on US as well. Within 3 weeks I hit Leaderboards at 808para.

In the end, it's all bout practice and some skills. And ofc lil knowledge of at least one class.

If U have any particular questions, feel free to ask, Brother. I'll try to help as much as I can.

Peace
Gotta say its also quite a difference to play a game that thrills and excites for 12 hours, but then play d3 for 12 hours.

Repititiveness makes the brain want to sleep quickly. Perfect example was alkaizer slept in in a livestream while doing a high tier grift a while back lol. That was indeed symbolic for how hard d3 tires the brain when playing for a longer time.

That may however also apply to several other games, but in d3 its extremly noticeable due to its permanent repitition.
I've no clue. This games way to repetitive with no real carrot to chase after. Ya get loot, ya get power, ya can't do anything with it. Keep going down the vortex with no ending in sight. No trading/no pvp is the cause of this staleness. Player to Player trading and competitive pvp would have prolonged this game so much longer then D2's longevity.

But, yea, we sure showed them bots who was boss. Oh wait... They just started trading accounts instead. Well we did get better loot percent drops... Oh wait, we can't do anything with them. !@#$...
10/03/2016 07:41 PMPosted by DankDoctor
Like whenever a new season starts, i already see like many level 70s by the end of the day, and the next day they are already doing greater rift 70s -90s.

It is all about the planning. My friends and I, all with family, wives, jobs and the like, start planning a week or two before the start of the season. We take the family out for an early dinner on Friday, and make sure all of the chores that we would normally do on the weekend gets done before the start time.

With everything we needed to do already done, we play the game hard for as many hours as we can stand until we need sleep, then we nap for a couple hours and start again. Usually by Monday, we have 600 paragon levels and the stash tab is complete or close, then it is back to playing at a more natural pace.
Your account's status becomes negligible within a highly optimized group. I remember when botter Gabynator made a new account after a ban wave and achieved some silly thousand paragons in less than one week. If you're part of an elite community, you can easily be carried through the most efficient channel(s). This logic applies to most online RPGs but it's rather gross in D3.
Some of us been playing games for years now & just know what to do.

BTW, some of us know what Pong is like me!
When you play solo, luck is a factor because of finding the right gear. But mostly it is just about being able to kill things as fast as possible, then getting gear to kill harder things as fast as possible.

It really has nothing to do with playing 24/7. Even solo you can get the bank tab in a week or less, while having a life. It's all about choosing a build that works, built from the best gear you find first. Save the fun builds for off season or for when you have already got the rewards you want for the season. And, do not be afraid to jump into a public game for bounties, and the speed rift achievements.

People assuming you have no life because you get far in this game are obviously choosing subpar builds, or spend too much time in town rather than killing. If you cannot finish all of your town related tasks before the rift closes, you are taking too long.
competition can be totally ok (never for me :p)
-if players take the choice to build their scores over a whole season, instead within the first 2 weeks
-relax, while you crush your opponents with your constant improving stats :D
-and ofc, ignore the first 200 players on the leaderboards
10/08/2016 08:08 AMPosted by InfiniteIce
If you are lucky, or have a friend/guildmate/random in chat who is ahead of you in levels, you may find a level 61 weapon drop as early as level 43, with a -18 level requirement secondary affix. Similarly you can ask somebody to spam rare (yellow) 2H weapons your class can equip until a -level req of sufficient level reduction requirement is rolled for you, and drop on the ground in town. Crafted Magic/Rare items are not soulbound.

Obviously if this is not the very first character you are levelling, you can simply do this yourself, so long as your blacksmith is at least level 11, and you have the materials for it.

Look I leveled a WD in season 7 and it took about 5 and 1/2 hours to do without any crafted gear at all. It would've taken shorter if I had mastered playing the leveling build before jumping into season 7. Might've taken around 3 and 1/2 hours or less. I leveled in that time with the gear that I found. Now if I can do that with a character where my overall knowledge of self power leveling is low along with the proper practice. Then think about what I can do when I master the techniques.

The player in the video that I watched took under 2 hours. But that was because he knew what he was doing. I don't remember seeing him standing at a artisan at all. I will watch the video again to make certain. Even if he did still that is only about 3 and 1/2 hours slower due to not mastering playing the build before season and not having any crafted gear. Which I think is good for someone that before season 7 didn't self power level any character to 70.

So now you are saying you must use crafting and enchanting both together. Great now you are not only out of one type of mat you are also out of gold as well. Plus the time standing doing both to get the results that you want.

those people shouldn't even be playing the game then. they should just stick to solitaire or other card/puzzle games

who in the hell are you to tell anyone how or what to play? a quick visit to your profile showed a seasonal char at roughly p400, and a ns paragon level near 800. now i'm no expert, but i do fairly well considering my limitations (being a father, husband, work, friends, etc..) and i find it ridiculous that anyone would ever tell me not to play because i can't devote my entire life to a video game. i can't anyway, i fall asleep doing grift after the third or fourth one. they're boring. p400. HA! i have nearly double that and can only give x hours per day. and i'm mostly solo, even in a clan.

hey if your happy with the game then play it all i'm saying is if people don't like the challenge of the game then they should find an easier game or maby make their own game I don't play the game all day every day either but I still don't have any complaints about it because I ENJOY the challenge of the game!!!