Diablo III: Realms of Evil?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
http://gear.blizzard.com/blizzcon-2016/diablo-3-realms-of-evil-tee
Looks like second expansion to me =P
Also, there's a description:
This is an exclusive BlizzCon 2016 Premiere Product. I think it's pointless to sale "diablo 3" logo t-shirt as premiere product, if there's, let's say, d4 to announce.
So everything seems legit to me. Diablo 3 second expansion, YAY!
Hmm... maybe. Or maybe some employee just thought it would be a cool T-shirt name. I mean let's say there was a Diablo 4 or whatever. They wouldn't post the T's on the website to avoid spilling the beans too early. I'm just going to remain skeptical for now though that is intriguing.

Also, most blizzcon merch is only sold at that year's blizzcon.
They could add "D I A B L O" logo on t-shirt to avoid spilling, but not diablo 3 .
I hope it's expasion :3 lvl 80 and maybe Kingsport. Can't see diablo 4 coming if half of sanctuary wasn't shown even in diablo 3
Honestly though, they royally screwed up the mechanics in Diablo 3. Drop rates are way too high, set items too op, itemization sucks, paragon is too powerful, endgame is GR until your eyes bleed, gem lvling is annoying, and the game doesn't feel like a diablo game anymore. I really hope that if there is an xpac, it fixes those major issues (my guess is that they won't overhaul it - only way to outdate gear is add even more damage or remove it which they won't do).

Don't get me wrong, I have like 2.5k hours. But I haven't played very much since around season 3. The game just gets boring really quickly even in seasons. Plus I mean, the job listings that said, "Countless stories left to tell in the Diablo univerise.", the hirings over the past yearish, the dice conspiracy, what the employees at blizzcon said to people about next years blizzcon, the tweet during gamescon, the leak about it not being like previous diablo games, the leaked concept art, the fact that it looks like part of an xpac was salvaged (?) into patch content, the skeleton crew after they gutted the team members who made poor design decisions, and the fact that they've shifted diablo over to maintenance mode (6 months of no content and then maybe new items or whatever). And the artist/lighting positions required knowledge in software that isn't used in D3 meaning a new game engine.

Xpac would be cool, but it doesn't seem very likely. I'm leaning towards HD remakes (to tide us over) and probably a new Diablo IP that is neither xpac or Diablo 4.
10/12/2016 10:47 PMPosted by Nocturnal
Honestly though, they royally screwed up the mechanics in Diablo 3. Drop rates are way too high, set items too op, itemization sucks, paragon is too powerful, endgame is GR until your eyes bleed, gem lvling is annoying, and the game doesn't feel like a diablo game anymore. I really hope that if there is an xpac, it fixes those major issues (my guess is that they won't overhaul it - only way to outdate gear is add even more damage or remove it which they won't do).

Don't get me wrong, I have like 2.5k hours. But I haven't played very much since around season 3. The game just gets boring really quickly even in seasons. Plus I mean, the job listings that said, "Countless stories left to tell in the Diablo univerise.", the hirings over the past yearish, the dice conspiracy, what the employees at blizzcon said to people about next years blizzcon, the tweet during gamescon, the leak about it not being like previous diablo games, the leaked concept art, the fact that it looks like part of an xpac was salvaged (?) into patch content, the skeleton crew after they gutted the team members who made poor design decisions, and the fact that they've shifted diablo over to maintenance mode (6 months of no content and then maybe new items or whatever). And the artist/lighting positions required knowledge in software that isn't used in D3 meaning a new game engine.

Xpac would be cool, but it doesn't seem very likely. I'm leaning towards HD remakes (to tide us over) and probably a new Diablo IP that is neither xpac or Diablo 4.

This right here.

Increased level cap?

Level 1-70 is meaningless anyway, because you only get power from paragon levels, not character levels, in Diablo II.

New gear?
Oh. Double damage and defense?
So players get 99.965% damage reduction instead of 99.930%?

New endgame: GRift levels 120+?

It'd be easier to just make a new standalone game than to fix all the problems.
And not just easier, but also plain better:
Starting out with a better armor / resistance / health / dodge system fit for a roleplaying game:

Low/no armor SHOULD be a viable playstyle in a Diablo game.
0 resistances SHOULD be viable; Not getting hit should be possible if you're skilled.
Armor and resistances should NEVER reduce the same damage types.
Monsters should have resistances and/or armor, and have them displayed,even if it's just a 33 (Weak resistance), 50 (Resistance), 75 (Heavy resistance)or 90 (Immunity)-system.
I dunno, maybe it's me.. but for me, diablo 2 even more boring than diablo 3. PoE is much better.. maybe d2 is just old..
But anyway, i don't wan't too see diablo game being "break your head while making your character" like poe or grim dawn is.
What about gameplay, either poe or grim dawn or diablo 2 have the same repeatable endgame like d3, which ending up in endless grinding.
10/12/2016 11:19 PMPosted by CMyTA
I dunno, maybe it's me.. but for me, diablo 2 even more boring than diablo 3. PoE is much better.. maybe d2 is just old..
But anyway, i don't wan't too see diablo game being "break your head while making your character" like poe or grim dawn is.
What about gameplay, either poe or grim dawn or diablo 2 have the same repeatable endgame like d3, which ending up in endless grinding.

After playing Diablo 2 for thousands of hours and reaching the trading wealth to make any runeword -- the only thing I had left to do was find everything myself.

Diablo II's weakest points was:
Endgame. It had none, apart from PvP and creating new characters.

The sad part here is that Diablo would've been a great stand-alone MOBA -- because MOBAs -- like League of Legends -- are not RTS games, they're PvP action RPGs with microleveling, stuck with RTS controls.

Seriously. This annoys me to no end:
I really enjoy and enjoyed League of Legends, as a roleplaying gamer.
I just hated the controls, and everyone was like "uuuuh, it's a RTS!".
With equipment, only control of one character, view limited to your character's field of view, death preventing you from taking any action what so ever...

No. Sorry. MOBAs ARE more like action roleplaying games than they are RTS.
Heroes of the Storm is doomed to fail because they went too much RTS, and not enough Diablo -- and Diablo, based on Diablo 1 and 2, with a MOBA Heaven vs Hell endgame would've kicked so much more !@# than Heroes of the Storm.

*Sigh*
Only way a new expansion works is if they "Squish" gear / stats to bring it back in line with level 60 / 70 numbers when at < insert new max level ( It'll be 80 ) >

They'll also need to get rid of problematic affixes, like area damage , to remove the "strain on servers" that's holding sets / builds back.

Blizzard typically reserves sweeping changes like that for "expansions" ..because they somehow feel it warrants throwing the baby out of the bathwater ...instead of just patching it like everyone else. So they "theoretically" could alter Diablo 3 ( like they partially did for WoW ) to make it more stable and "user friendly", just like a new standalone ( Diablo 4 ) would provide.

That is, of course, if the freshly hired Diablo 3(4) team knew anything about designing ARPGs.
Compared to vanilla diablo 3, reaper of souls has turned out as completely different game. So, expansion 2 may turn out completely different from reaper of souls with absolutely new things like endgame stuff, pvp and whatsoever
I wonder why people always put PvP as an essential part of the endgame... PvP is already there, you can PvP all day long.

You just don't do it because it's not PvP that you want, you want to grief: being able to jump in the game of someone minding his own business and kill him just for the sake of it.
10/13/2016 02:27 AMPosted by Deus
I wonder why people always put PvP as an essential part of the endgame... PvP is already there, you can PvP all day long.

You just don't do it because it's not PvP that you want, you want to grief: being able to jump in the game of someone minding his own business and kill him just for the sake of it.
I care less about pvp, just included =P cause everyone's crying about it's missing
Besides that shirt, the Key Art for Blizzcon 2016 features a version of Diablo that differs fromt the one seen in Diablo III (it's the Male version for a start).
10/13/2016 02:27 AMPosted by Deus

People don't want to grief, they want PvP that's more balanced. Something that's more then a 1 shot kill kind of fight.
The Diablo 3 Realms of Evil shirt seems to be the only shirt that doesn't show the back. Definitely raises my curiosity.
Realms of evil... like where the Ubers live? Might just be a lore-based reference we aren't getting.