Can't wait for next D3 expansion announcement

General Discussion
Getting pumped!Desperately want a reason to play this game again. And all of you D4 announcement people are dreeeeeaaming.
I really wouldn't get your hopes up for anything exciting.

I think anyone expecting a big announcement or anything like an expansion or D4 are going to just end up angry and bitter when it doesn't happen.
Nah, it's happening. I have the inside scoop.
10/20/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Drothvader

I think anyone expecting a big announcement or anything like an expansion or D4 are going to just end up angry and bitter when it doesn't happen.

These forums are going to be nasty!
I'm getting pumped as well.

Not for an expansion or any of that other stuff. I'm getting pumped for the rage threads that will populate this forum en masse right after the Blizzcon lack of anything positive announcement for D3.
I'm with you Kukiri, I'm looking for the awesome panel discussion about the specialized mechanics on how they animated the skeletons that stop to laugh at you and how it was a spur of the moment thing to throw someone into the sound booth to record the chuckle.
At least content patch with set balance
LOL@Serro. Man, you guys are really jaded aren't you? I'm telling you. Expansion is going to be announced. Mark my words.
I expect a D3 expansion announcement for the Diablo 20th anniversary celebration . This is right out of the "Diablo III @ BlizzCon 2016" posting on this site:

Diablo 20th Anniversary Panel

Get the inside scoop on what’s in store for Diablo III! Join us as Lead Designer Kevin Martens, Senior Game Designer Wyatt Cheng, Lead VFX Artist Julian Love, and Art Director John Mueller share the gritty details on the celebration plans that lie ahead for all our eager nephalem.

What: A deep-dive and Q&A on the content and features headed to Diablo III.
When: Saturday, November 5 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. PDT
Where: Panel Stage, Hall A
Well, we are getting patch content for sure, whether it is an expansion or not, who knows.

But if you read their developer chronicles, they clearly state things in future tense, such as "as we continue to add NEW monsters" or "MOVING FORWARD, we want people to experience eras through multiple seasons, so that one build does not overshadow the entire leaderboard".

Bottom line, they are ADDING things to this game soon, what will it be though? Realms of Evil? Only have a little over two weeks to find out!!!!
10/20/2016 09:42 AMPosted by Demonmonger
Well, we are getting patch content for sure, whether it is an expansion or not, who knows.

But if you read their developer chronicles, they clearly state things in future tense, such as "as we continue to add NEW monsters" or "MOVING FORWARD, we want people to experience eras through multiple seasons, so that one build does not overshadow the entire leaderboard".

Bottom line, they are ADDING things to this game soon, what will it be though? Realms of Evil? Only have a little over two weeks to find out!!!!

Yeah. Can't wait for the event.
Do people realize Blizzard Activision is a publicly traded company? They have all the interests in this world to improve in Return On Equity, Revenue and Profit generation, Corporate Governance and accountability to shareholders. It's competitive out there, and the Diablo series is a cash cow for this company -- they have all the incentive and motivation to improve this game and continue this franchise. Blizzard could easily sell 15 million copies at $40-$50 a pop with another D3 expansion. Not sure why some folks can't simply read what's infront of them when it's written across their foreheads.
IKR people keep thinking on D4 thats not gonna happen, or do you see starcraft 2 forums invaded with ''please starcraft 3''?
We're getting a content patch again with the leftovers from the intended expansion that was cancelled. Whatever they already had finished, they'll work it in.
10/20/2016 09:58 AMPosted by Honiidu
Do people realize Blizzard Activision is a publicly traded company? They have all the interests in this world to improve in Return On Equity, Revenue and Profit generation, Corporate Governance and accountability to shareholders. It's competitive out there, and the Diablo series is a cash cow for this company -- they have all the incentive and motivation to improve this game and continue this franchise. Blizzard could easily sell 15 million copies at $40-$50 a pop with another D3 expansion. Not sure why some folks can't simply read what's infront of them when it's written across their foreheads.

It's all the bitter D2 fanboys that just want to see this game die because it's not "dark enough" and blah blah blah, so they spread a bunch of hype about a D4 announcement or the remakes. D3 has a lot of untapped potential ahead of it still.
10/20/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Province
It's all the bitter D2 fanboys that just want to see this game die because it's not "dark enough" and blah blah blah, so they spread a bunch of hype about a D4 announcement or the remakes. D3 has a lot of untapped potential ahead of it still.

D3 has had a 4+ year lifespan already as well as one expansion that is over 2 years old.

Even without the context of knowing that the D3 team has drastically downsized and most of the developers have left to WoW / Overwatch, D3 doesn't have much more potential than it already has.

Look, I wanted D3 to succeed too, but development of the game is pretty much over, this game is now in the maintenance phase of its life cycle and I seriously doubt Blizzard is going to revitalize Team 3.

Hyping yourselves up for some big new amazing thing is just going to result in you getting angry and bitter when it doesn't happen. Either love the game for the state it's in now or let it go. If you like D3, don't let me stop you from liking it. If you don't like it though, you're not going to get any "untapped potential" out of it.
One word to make Diablo great again...............NECROMANCER
One word to make Diablo great again...............SellitToSomeoneElse...AnyoneElse
I'm pretty certain it will be an expansion.

They don't open Blizzcon with D3 on the mainstage unless they have something big to announce, even for a anniversary.

D4 is very unlikely because they invested too many years of development into the engine of this game to farewell it after such a short lifespan. Need to take financial advantage of your assets.

As for turning the franchise into another genre... Like what? They already own ARPG, FPS, RTS, MMO, MOBA, F2P. That covers basically every base, and WoW is still heavily in development so there's not really a chance of a diablo MMO like some people seem to think.
10/20/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Drothvader

I dunno...the background change on the homepage is just a little ominous...